Login

russian armor

A USF Fanboy's Plea

25 Jun 2016, 02:12 AM
Patrion 14

Relic, I am a man of few needs. All I want to do is wake up in the morning, drink my cup of good 'Ole American joe, and bash some Nazis into the ground with my riflemen.

I like to think that that makes me simple, that I do not need much to keep me happy. I'm fine with the fact that US support weapons needed extra micro and we're more reliant on their mobility than anything else.

For the love of god, we did not want a turbo mortar. Long did the ostheer mortar and the heavy mortar reign supreme over the battlefields, punishing stationary troops for stopping, or even just taking breathers. Us US players remember that pain, and we wish not to bring that terror back to the battlefield twofold.

All we wanted was a shitty, short range, manpower only smoke dispenser, so that we could open up more playstyles. Teching nades every game between the first officer and the first light vehicle is oh so tedious, after all.

Instead, you gave us a literal god gun, made in the forges of detroit, and blessed by the Spirit of capitalism itself.

You Have Made USF ridiculous, to the point where I can't even find a match without the chance of my enemy dropping before I can inform him of my intentions. I don't think I can play another USF game until the mortar is balanced. I just want to be American again without feeling ashamed of who i choose to be.

Yours respectfully,
A concerned fanboy
25 Jun 2016, 02:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Instead, you gave us a literal god gun, made in the forges of detroit, and blessed by the Spirit of capitalism itself.

I thought it was strange you said that since I hear everyone say Detroit's pure suck, then I just learned about their production in WW2 and now find the current opinion on the place even more amusing.
25 Jun 2016, 02:26 AM
Patrion 14

the first time i used the barrage on the mortar, i thought i had a RG-6 grenade launcher...
25 Jun 2016, 02:56 AM

Even I pity the AI on my own time. Like, it shouldn't doing this.

25 Jun 2016, 03:35 AM

Katitof, aaa, and Australian magic says it's fine and working as attended so
/thread
25 Jun 2016, 03:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

/thread

But they haven't.
25 Jun 2016, 03:46 AM

Superior Yankee Technology
25 Jun 2016, 05:38 AM

This post brought tears to my eyes. As another USF fanboy, I'm with you. I felt bad the few times I've abus-- ehem, "played" USF this patch. Granted, I've been mostly playing Soviets this patch, coz penals wreck so much face. One should note that the muricans were notable for their air superiority, not the "god guns" like this man has so aptly said. Those were more of the krauts' style.

That said, godspeed to this honest man.
25 Jun 2016, 05:56 AM

Did they make it an 81mm mortar? I haven't played USF yet. I thought people talked about it being a 60mm in the past (Ardennes Assault maybe?). Some sort of short to mid range, light damage, but still fast shooting mortar would make a lot more sense in filling the gap to the pak howie.
25 Jun 2016, 09:15 AM

I can confirm as a USF fan boy the fucking thing is pretty powerful...BUT...

I then go back to the flak truck ISG days, the German turbo mortar, the kubel suppression, the volks shrek blobs, the fact that in 4 vs 4s there is one panther running around for every Sherman with super charged engines and smoke dispensers, vet 2 health and armor buff, king tigers, tiger aces only costing manpower...222 binoculars spotting scopes, stuka insta wipe dive bomber, okw sim city, falls popping out of buildings and killing your ambulance with machine gun fire, CAS nonsense...and then I don't feel bad anymore. Haha.
25 Jun 2016, 09:27 AM

Welp, wouldnt be simplier to make Smokenades just free?
25 Jun 2016, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

Welp, wouldnt be simplier to make Smokenades just free?

think it would be too easy. was like that at some point in the alpha and got changed because it was too easy.
25 Jun 2016, 12:09 PM

Analyzing the faction in a vacuum USF should have a good T0 indirect fire unit. It's balanced against OKW, the fact that it wrecks Ostheer is a product of Ost not being designed in a proper way.

It is overperforming, though.

IMO mortars should go:

Ost 81mm-rof

Sov 82mm-range/6 men

USF 81mm-scatter/damage
25 Jun 2016, 13:08 PM

Personally I'd like to see the smoke on a shorter cooldown and have it be a pretty awful mortar outside of barrage.

That's just my opinion. I'd rather have it be a smoke launcher that does an "okay" barrage and a crappy autofire than it's current incarnation
25 Jun 2016, 14:04 PM

/thread

Quote me. 100$ on the desk. What say you?
25 Jun 2016, 17:04 PM

I agree they need to adjust this, the days if old from the 120mm and the kruat 81 mm death by mortar dont need to come back.

Iam sure relic will fix as soon as possible, as quickly as candian quick can canada quick..(so in a fe months).

For now i gonna make them axis fanboys squeal :)
25 Jun 2016, 23:10 PM

Quote me. 100$ on the desk. What say you?

"Guess what, I' played agasint double USF mortar today on Rails.

You know what I did? I made a Stuka zu fuss"

You - 22 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

Your inffering the mortar is not an issue.
25 Jun 2016, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 23:10 PMsinthe

"Guess what, I' played agasint double USF mortar today on Rails.

You know what I did? I made a Stuka zu fuss"

You - 22 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

Your inffering the mortar is not an issue.
\

And where I said it's fine?

Actually if you went through mortar thread, you would see that I clearly stated that such performance is unacceptable.
25 Jun 2016, 23:58 PM

\

And where I said it's fine?

Actually if you went through mortar thread, you would see that I clearly stated that such performance is unacceptable.

Quote it and you can have your $100 back.
26 Jun 2016, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 23:58 PMsinthe

Quote it and you can have your $100 back.

Back? You still havent provided any quote where I said mortar is fine.

On the other hand...

Mortar WAS needed becasue USF can strugge very, very much without indirect fire, while the only option was hidden behind Cpt with enormous MP cost.

Not that great mortart like currently, but they needed it.

:hansREKT:

PM me so I can give you my PayPal :megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight