Login

russian armor

Go double mortar as USF

22 Jun 2016, 17:18 PM

There is nothing OKW can do against it. Open with your normal 2-3 riflemen, then get your first mortar. It will deny OKW a lot of field presence early game, since the mortar can insta wipe squads or at least get 3 models wiped. The OKW player can't react much to this bleed since he doesn't get medics before he spends a total of 70 fuel (truck, plus truck setup, plus medic upgrade). If he does go medics, he has no vehicles, if he goes for vehicles, he has no medics and the game will end even sooner. Assess the situation and see what truck your opponent has gone for. Then get a captain for extra ai support.

If your opponent has gone for for healing, get a 2nd mortar asap and tech for sherman. If your opponent has gone for mech upgrade your captain and get 2 additional zooks, get a 2nd mortar and then go for sherman. Game pretty much ends there lol. Even if he manages to get a puma out, your zooks will take care of that. If he get healing your sherman and double mortars will destroy him.

OKW can't do anything against this. They are doomed no matter what they tech. Double mortar will bleed them out so bad that they can't come back from it.
22 Jun 2016, 17:20 PM

PM me your steam so we can test this OpieOP
23 Jun 2016, 06:42 AM

I have seen this strat completely fail vs OKW. For the same reason Ostheer don't really build mortar vs USF, mortar are good vs static units.
23 Jun 2016, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 06:42 AMEsxile
I have seen this strat completely fail vs OKW. For the same reason Ostheer don't really build mortar vs USF, mortar are good vs static units.

if you push hard with early vehicle rush, this strat will work wonders.
23 Jun 2016, 09:48 AM

The mortars are super accurate and fires insanely fast, so I can see it do some good work there.
23 Jun 2016, 10:30 AM

Yeah USF Mortar is like the old 120mm, it wipes stuff like nobody's business, at only 260mp this baby punches far above its cost.
29 Jul 2016, 03:58 AM

USF mortars have low health and if there are two le.IGs you have to pay much attention.
24 Sep 2016, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2016, 03:58 AMT0X!C
USF mortars have low health and if there are two le.IGs you have to pay much attention.
well if okw spent 660 mp to counter a 260 mp unit I'm more than happy
Although 1 mortar is enough 2 just kill your field presence
7 Oct 2016, 05:01 AM

Good thing USF don't have snipers, or else this would be a go double sniper as USF post lol
7 Oct 2016, 08:44 AM

Good thing USF don't have snipers, or else this would be a go double sniper as USF post lol

Soon my friend, soon!
24 Oct 2016, 13:41 PM

in my opinion the lelic should remove from t1 or put iqual as ostheer mortar and rise his price.
280 at minimum or even 320.

Everyone see usf with 4 rifles + Captain + Ranger and 1 or 2 mortar...this sux.
14 Nov 2016, 23:13 PM

they can flank with sturmpios and get a smooth free mortar.
15 Nov 2016, 02:47 AM

There is nothing OKW can do against it. Open with your normal 2-3 riflemen, then get your first mortar. It will deny OKW a lot of field presence early game, since the mortar can insta wipe squads or at least get 3 models wiped. The OKW player can't react much to this bleed since he doesn't get medics before he spends a total of 70 fuel (truck, plus truck setup, plus medic upgrade). If he does go medics, he has no vehicles, if he goes for vehicles, he has no medics and the game will end even sooner. Assess the situation and see what truck your opponent has gone for. Then get a captain for extra ai support.

If your opponent has gone for for healing, get a 2nd mortar asap and tech for sherman. If your opponent has gone for mech upgrade your captain and get 2 additional zooks, get a 2nd mortar and then go for sherman. Game pretty much ends there lol. Even if he manages to get a puma out, your zooks will take care of that. If he get healing your sherman and double mortars will destroy him.

OKW can't do anything against this. They are doomed no matter what they tech. Double mortar will bleed them out so bad that they can't come back from it.

Good Strat, however you leave yourself open to a flank of either sturm pios (I have lost many an engagement because they close in so quick), or a kubel comes around for some analshluss

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2016, 23:13 PMHven
they can flank with sturmpios and get a smooth free mortar.

Well said
15 Nov 2016, 10:40 AM

You people realise that I wrote this in June? It is now almost 5 months later and the insane overpowered state of the mortar was nerfed to just overpowered.

Agreed it is now a weak strat. Just go usual rifle horde and support with mortar.
15 Nov 2016, 11:11 AM

This also works against Wehrmacht. MG42s are redundant and 4 man grens are getting raped. If only one mortar shell hits, one model gets killed and the other 3 have low HP. Soyou have to retreat right away and this goes on and on and on...
15 Nov 2016, 11:53 AM

usf mortar overpowered? wehr mortar also os wipe greencovered nearly full health tommies at 02.30, is wehr mortar op ? it's just RNGesus testing our faith.
13 Dec 2016, 13:18 PM

Go stuka as okw

It's like coh2's super weapon lol
13 Dec 2016, 18:01 PM

Go stuka as okw

It's like coh2's super weapon lol

By the time you get a stuka, you have been raped by usf mortar, riflemen, free teching squads and a stuart. Good luck with that in a 1v1 lol.
13 Dec 2016, 19:17 PM

Okay, put the mortars in the T2 and USF will be the only faction that has to spend fuel both to have MG and to have some map control, and to make a miserable mortar! OKW Complain about the rifleman, but tell me friend, USF only have ONE type of infantry usable dotrinal. How will there not be 3 rifleman squads in the game? Will we have to do rear echalon to combat its VG equipped with STG44 (in the best of hypothesis)? OKW has an infantry that can lift sandbags from the start of the game without spending anything! It has the best infantry unit in the beginning, the stormpioneer, look how cool! Not to mention that it has kubelwagem which is quite annoying to give you if the player OKW is not bad of micro! Complaining you full belly friend!

(Sorry comunity for my bad english)
13 Dec 2016, 20:38 PM

By the time you get a stuka, you have been raped by usf mortar, riflemen, free teching squads and a stuart. Good luck with that in a 1v1 lol.

+1 on this.
Every team game I abuse mortar, and build 4 of them

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2016, 19:17 PMTom_BR
Okay, put the mortars in the T2 and USF will be the only faction that has to spend fuel both to have MG and to have some map control, and to make a miserable mortar! OKW Complain about the rifleman, but tell me friend, USF only have ONE type of infantry usable dotrinal. How will there not be 3 rifleman squads in the game? Will we have to do rear echalon to combat its VG equipped with STG44 (in the best of hypothesis)? OKW has an infantry that can lift sandbags from the start of the game without spending anything! It has the best infantry unit in the beginning, the stormpioneer, look how cool! Not to mention that it has kubelwagem which is quite annoying to give you if the player OKW is not bad of micro! Complaining you full belly friend!
(Sorry comunity for my bad english)

Your English is good, dont worry.
As for mortar, it shouldnt be available at all to USF; still have no idea what Lelic was smoking when they introduced it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 16
Germany 879
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %