Login

russian armor

Skin Pack Theft

21 Jun 2016, 18:49 PM

Hello Coh2 modding community. I am asking for your help in stopping a user from copying and pasting skins from my skin packs (along with fellow skinner Georider) into his own and claiming them as his on the workshop. I'm not sure what other steps need to happen other than report him on steam?

Here are the two skin packs he's released on the workshop:
Coh2 Realism Mod Skinpack for OKW and Wehrmacht
Coh2 Realism Mod Skinpack for Allies

In these he has directly copied and pasted from some of these skin packs of mine:
Assorted German Camouflages
Red Army
3-color summer camouflage
US Olive Drab

Some pics of "his" skins:
Copied skins
Mine is on the left, his is on the right:
T34/85

I've shown him pictures that these are direct copies or he has altered my skin by adding a number or removing numbers or slogans etc, and he refuses to comply. He has deleted most posts by those who are calling him out on his theft.
Georider is an equal victim as the other half of the skin packs are carbon copies of his skin packs.

Any suggestions other than report to steam?
Thanks for looking.
21 Jun 2016, 18:53 PM

Send a PM to kyle on the official forums (he isn't active here anymore)
21 Jun 2016, 18:59 PM

thank you for your topic, he is taken various skins either from our skinpacks , we try to convise him that it is wrong and continues , such actions don't belonge in coh community.
perhaps some of you will say ok , so what, for me what is translate to many hours of personal time creating a skinpack. Skins are not just draws special historical ones needs a lot of research and reading.
I believe that none of us want such actions i'm also looking forward for your suggestions.
For the record he is taking skins from my german skinpacks , from polish divisions british skinpack , etc etc .

My skins collection to see the original work if you are not familar is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551965938
That author is not a bad copy/theft but also arogant, i.e my usf skins using pinups he left the pinups there ;) he is altering insignias etc etc , i don't want to bother you with details you can judge by your own.
The sad in that story is that he has nothing to prove with that since he is a member of one of the bigest mod teams for coh2 (realism mod) and with his actions embarash the rest of his team.
Thank you in advance
21 Jun 2016, 19:06 PM
Benefactor 355

Dem T34/85s do look awfully similar. However, if da theme here is realism than none of the pic comparison prove anything. I did a quick google search on T34/85 camo paint jobs and both pics you posted portray a realistic looking paint jobs. You can't blame somebody for creating realism skins.

Before you start accusing anyone of stealing your pics, I suggest you sign your work (through steganography perhaps) and show proof dat your signature appears in his pics.

Just my 2 cents.
21 Jun 2016, 19:18 PM

sign up? realy? if you dig closer in all my skinpacks there are plenty of what you have called stereography , special on skins . Pictures can took by everyone, in fact I'm using user maps to took these pictures , i'm not uploading maps as my own ;) .
Believe me this is our last way stoping him to embarase himself and community , I don't like either false accusations, I'm sick of such actions thats why if someone add a post that don't like I leave it there and try to responce , if I'm wrong I admite it but believe me this guy is deleting all the post that suport what is legitement rights for both of us.
I remember once a tsihad suporter post something after the hit at paris in concert in my free france skinpack, i left it there over a day , for all to watch the blindness of some caracters, after i had delete it as he has beeing reported.
I don't know what steam will do , i assume that they will do the right , we just want you to see which is true and which is false without any delets of oppinions.
thank you.
21 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

Dem T34/85s do look awfully similar. However, if da theme here is realism than none of the pic comparison prove anything. I did a quick google search on T34/85 camo paint jobs and both pics you posted portray a realistic looking paint jobs. You can't blame somebody for creating realism skins.

Before you start accusing anyone of stealing your pics, I suggest you sign your work (through steganography perhaps) and show proof dat your signature appears in his pics.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I suppose the "proof" I've shown is not enough. How about this picture of "his" skins and mine:
His vs. Mine

This is just one small example of copy/paste of halftrack, sdkfz222, AA halftrack. I could post more. Do you need more proof?

In the T-34/85 comparison pic, you can see how I added little drops of wet white paint from painting the white line. Are you saying that he added that little detail as well? Exactly as I did?
21 Jun 2016, 19:38 PM

How about this comparison pic?
His Calliope is on the left, mine on the right: Comparison2

I suppose I could keep doing this for more proof?
21 Jun 2016, 19:39 PM

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I suppose the "proof" I've shown is not enough. How about this picture of "his" skins and mine:
His vs. Mine

This is just one small example of copy/paste of halftrack, sdkfz222, AA halftrack. I could post more. Do you need more proof?

In the T-34/85 comparison pic, you can see how I added little drops of wet white paint from painting the white line. Are you saying that he added that little detail as well? Exactly as I did?

True lol Nothing in the world can ever be exactly identical.
21 Jun 2016, 19:43 PM

As I said there are many elements in skins that reflects to original author, decals. insignias pin ups , weathering , damaging etc etc, there can't be all identical :)
here is firefly from 1st polish armored division skinpack mine and his
valentine look the insignias minehis
M-26 pershing heavy tank minevs what called "his"
for example you can see the pinup , name in gun barrel etc etc , there are some details that is our signature mine and starbucks, small details that are there for your fun using skins and for credits for us regarding our hours from our real life that were spend making all these.
I don't want to continue post examples , I'm who I'm , old skinner back from coh1 days , i have payed my mistakes back then , i have regread those many times , i'm not going to enter in another keyboard fight with anyone , it's sad due such sercomstances watching talent people quiting what they are doing , that is something that i have already paid and i fell sorry about it (back in coh1). Comunity lost 2 skiners due to a foolishness. i will always carrying that burdan.
21 Jun 2016, 20:04 PM

Well to me it does look like he directly copied most of your skins, but there is no point making a thread here to report him as we cant really do anything about it

I suggest both of you, Starbuck and Georider goto Relic and Steam with this and report him as he took your skins without permission

There isnt much else you can do
21 Jun 2016, 20:11 PM

@medhood thank you we already report on steam and will do in relic the following days. We have post these here since he is deleting any reference regarding his actions in his steam thread. We take the space here because the posts wont be deleted ;)
Thank you .
21 Jun 2016, 21:08 PM
Benefactor 355

His vs. Mine

You misunderstood my point. I am not saying you are right nor wrong nor am I the judge for any of this. I am just pointing out that pic comparison with naked eye isn't a sufficient proof, especially when it comes to realistic themes.

If you care about taking credit for your work, make sure you digitally sign your skins before publishing them. Otherwise, gud luck proving any of your claims.
21 Jun 2016, 21:13 PM

@SturmTigerGaddafiwe have understand your point and thank you for that , as i said we post the evidence since we can't post these in his thread in steam he is deleting everything.
Thank you for once more for your understanding.
21 Jun 2016, 21:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I reported it to Kyle the rip offs should be removed by now
21 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM
Modmaker Badge

Thank you FichtenMpoed. And yes, I can confirm that. Now, this nasty person has what he deserve. Is nothing more than a common thieft.
Thank you to our mod community for the support. This person not deserve to be call a modder.

21 Jun 2016, 21:54 PM

I reported it to Kyle the rip offs should be removed by now

Thank you very much! I appreciate you contacting Kyle and taking care of this matter so quickly.

22 Jun 2016, 11:19 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

No problem at all :)
22 Jun 2016, 12:56 PM

Thank you very much as well .
23 Jun 2016, 14:36 PM

How about this comparison pic?
His Calliope is on the left, mine on the right: Comparison2

I suppose I could keep doing this for more proof?

That pixel perfect star scaling and positioning is proof enough IMO.
16 Jul 2016, 17:16 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi to all:

The Realism mod is doing it again sadly. I can not understand what happens in his head. I am sure is not a normal person and have serious problems.
I think this kind of persons only understand with a corrective.
I leave you here the new stolen item, I hope we could do something with him.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724912593

Thanks to all in advance.
Olhausen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment