Login

russian armor

panthers reload speed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
25 Jun 2016, 23:23 PM

panther have a higher max speed and almost as high acceleration as the t34/85, and that's before blitz/combat speed.

the German player screwed up if his panther rear armor is exposed.

the panther is one of the fastest tank in the game, only the british crusier are faster. this mean the panther can chase down or run away from most threat in the game.
26 Jun 2016, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 23:21 PMsinthe

If the T34/85 gets side armour it wins 3/5. With any type of support it should be able to take the panther. Guards buttoning and a rushing t34/85 = a dead panther that probably didn't get a shot off.

A T34/85 performs excepionally well considering that it is discounted 25% and has better AI. It also wipes away any other axis armour and it's pretty fast.

Cool story bro. Shame isn't true.
26 Jun 2016, 01:18 AM

Which part isn't true? Side armour counts as rear armour. Any approach off the center axis greater than 45 degrees is rear armour.
26 Jun 2016, 01:55 AM

If the T34/85 gets side armour it wins 3/5. With any type of support it should be able to take the panther. Guards buttoning and a rushing t34/85 = a dead panther that probably didn't get a shot off.

A T34/85 performs excepionally well considering that it is discounted 25% and has better AI. It also wipes away any other axis armour and it's pretty fast.

So you would like your Panther to win against T-34-85, Guards and, probably, Mark Target?
26 Jun 2016, 02:00 AM

the German player screwed up if his panther rear armor is exposed.

Side armour is the same a rear armour. Fyi.
26 Jun 2016, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 02:00 AMsinthe

Side armour is the same a rear armour. Fyi.

there's front half and rear half of a vehicle/tank. enemy shooting at your "side" is bad because the shot can potentially land at your rear half but it's not a guarantee.
26 Jun 2016, 02:08 AM

So you would like your Panther to win against T-34-85, Guards and, probably, Mark Target?

No. If you look at what I had said before, I would like the cost to be in line with performance. A T34/85 will consistently beat a Vet 2 P4 1v1 and only cost 20 more mp and 5 more fuel. If that's the case shouldn't a panther perform that much greater than a T34/85 since it costs 110 more mp and 45 more fuel?
26 Jun 2016, 02:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2016, 18:21 PMsinthe

It's also worth noting that comets vet much faster due to their generalist damage profile.

that's not how it works. experiences is determined by the target's cost and the amount of damage you dealt. A tank destroyer like the panther or su-85 will vet fast because their primary target are expensive tanks.
26 Jun 2016, 02:16 AM

that's not how it works. experiences is determined by the target's cost and the amount of damage you dealt. A tank destroyer like the panther or su-85 will vet fast because their primary target are expensive tanks.

I inference I was trying to make was that because tanks like the comet are effective against both inf and tanks there are more targets they can engage with, as where a Panther doesn't have very good AI and is more often held back to wait to engage armour.
26 Jun 2016, 02:29 AM

there's front half and rear half of a vehicle/tank. enemy shooting at your "side" is bad because the shot can potentially land at your rear half but it's not a guarantee.

Exellent. In that case my last test with okw panthers and T34-85 produced a result of 4/10 t34/85s winning against panther side armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bw78P7tiVc

So, is the panther under powered or over priced. It's one or the other.
26 Jun 2016, 02:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 02:16 AMsinthe

I inference I was trying to make was that because tanks like the comet are effective against both inf and tanks there are more targets they can engage with, as where a Panther doesn't have very good AI and is more often held back to wait to engage armour.

tanks cost significantly higher than infantry. There are more infantry target, but they are worth significantly less.

In addition, experience is determined by damage dealt. A bounce mean either zero experience or some hefty penalty. the high penetration gun on the panther allow it to earn more experience off more expensive tank.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 02:29 AMsinthe

Exellent. In that case my last test with okw panthers and T34-85 produced a result of 4/10 t34/85s winning against panther side armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bw78P7tiVc

So, is the panther under powered or over priced. It's one or the other.

what kind of german player is going to just sit there while a t-34/85 is hammering at his rear/side?
the panther is one of the fastest tank in the game. If the soviet player spent the effort to flank the panther then the german should spend the effort to move.
26 Jun 2016, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 02:08 AMsinthe

No. If you look at what I had said before, I would like the cost to be in line with performance. A T34/85 will consistently beat a Vet 2 P4 1v1 and only cost 20 more mp and 5 more fuel. If that's the case shouldn't a panther perform that much greater than a T34/85 since it costs 110 more mp and 45 more fuel?

It is in line with its performance IMO.

Continuing with previous post - T-34-85 needs to flank Panther in order to consistently penetrate it's armor. Otherwise Panther will win.
To prevent flanking you need to make only one shot at T-34-85 and then have grens arount to faust it.
There you go - now you can just take it down from long range.
Even if you don't faust it you force T-34-85 to disengage.

Asking for Panther buff while providing example where Panther got Buttoned by Guards and flanked by T-34-85 is just pathetic. No offence.

What people around here need to stop doing is taking units out of factions' context and comparing with each other, especially units with different roles.

There are two downsides I see in Panther:
- Its AI isn't bursty enough to wipe infantry (but still quite good).
- High opportunity costs (T4 is still quite expensive, but that is a bonus tier for Wehrmacht).

I play mostly 4v4 matches where Panther do damn fine and is easily accesible due to sheer amount of resources , so maybe my perception is flawed with game mode preference. But I should say that I rarely go Panther if I need AT and I never build more than one. I prefer StuG for that role. I feel that StuG is more effective almost in all situations.

But then I should point out that you, probably, have your share of bias too.
You just like German combat vehicles, which, as my observation tell me, is not uncommon for Canadinas.
You have that Panther avatar, your youtube account have Hetzer avatar and german nickname.
Let's be honest - you want Panther buffed also because it is one of your favourite WWII tanks, not purely because you think that it would be better for the Game and for everyone.

Damn. I wanted to write two sentences, but you've triggered me.
26 Jun 2016, 03:56 AM

tanks cost significantly higher than infantry. There are more infantry target, but they are worth significantly less.

In addition, experience is determined by damage dealt. A bounce mean either zero experience or some hefty penalty. the high penetration gun on the panther allow it to earn more experience off more expensive tank.

what kind of german player is going to just sit there while a t-34/85 is hammering at his rear/side?
the panther is one of the fastest tank in the game. If the soviet player spent the effort to flank the panther then the german should spend the effort to move.

How often is a medium tank going to be 1v1? The point of the demostration is to show that the panther isn't exaclty worth it's price. For almost the exact same price as a P4 the T34-85 will win 1v1 +90% of the time but against the panther vs frontal armour it will bring the panther consistently below 40% health and the panther costs signifigantly more. And if the T34/85 gets the panthers side armour it will win roughly half the time ( 4/10 + 3/5).

A panthers AI is so weak it will lose consistently to rifles with double zooks if they're in green cover.
26 Jun 2016, 04:03 AM

It is in line with its performance IMO.

Continuing with previous post - T-34-85 needs to flank Panther in order to consistently penetrate it's armor. Otherwise Panther will win.
To prevent flanking you need to make only one shot at T-34-85 and then have grens arount to faust it.
There you go - now you can just take it down from long range.
Even if you don't faust it you force T-34-85 to disengage.

Asking for Panther buff while providing example where Panther got Buttoned by Guards and flanked by T-34-85 is just pathetic. No offence.

What people around here need to stop doing is taking units out of factions' context and comparing with each other, especially units with different roles.

There are two downsides I see in Panther:
- Its AI isn't bursty enough to wipe infantry (but still quite good).
- High opportunity costs (T4 is still quite expensive, but that is a bonus tier for Wehrmacht).

I play mostly 4v4 matches where Panther do damn fine and is easily accesible due to sheer amount of resources , so maybe my perception is flawed with game mode preference. But I should say that I rarely go Panther if I need AT and I never build more than one. I prefer StuG for that role. I feel that StuG is more effective almost in all situations.

But then I should point out that you, probably, have your share of bias too.
You just like German combat vehicles, which, as my observation tell me, is not uncommon for Canadinas.
You have that Panther avatar, your youtube account have Hetzer avatar and german nickname.
Let's be honest - you want Panther buffed also because it is one of your favourite WWII tanks, not purely because you think that it would be better for the Game and for everyone.

Damn. I wanted to write two sentences, but you've triggered me.

The pictures were added to my account as I posted the videos. The "nickname" is my real name. Yes I like tanks, as I'm sure every other player does.

I play 1v1 and 2v2. so...

I'm trying to say that the panther costs to much for what it does expessially compared to it's counterparts. You even agreed with me in your post.
26 Jun 2016, 04:20 AM

It should deal 200 damage.

The OKW version costs almost as much as an IS2:lol::lol::lol::lol:
26 Jun 2016, 06:26 AM

-2 secs of the reload....dont neeed so good vet2 and vet 3.
Or 200 dmg and better moving accuracy.
26 Jun 2016, 08:16 AM

If the T34/85 gets side armour it wins 3/5.

For the 153124512300112 and one time, there is NO side armor in coh2 and NO medium is able to best panther 1v1, unless it'll start from hitting rear armor and always be there.

With any type of support it should be able to take the panther. Guards buttoning and a rushing t34/85 = a dead panther that probably didn't get a shot off.

While 34/85 is at advantage with support, the question is where is panthers support at this time? PaK40/shrecks>ZiS3/button. Plus, as before, if you are not starting on panthers rear, you won't win.

T34/85 performs on the level of OKW P4, only difference being, 34/85 uses HP to 'tank' while OKW P4 relies on armor. It does not wipe 'any other axis armor', but it got huge advantage over normal P4. StuG for example will eat it for breakfast.
26 Jun 2016, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 01:18 AMsinthe

Which part isn't true? Side armour counts as rear armour. Any approach off the center axis greater than 45 degrees is rear armour.

There is only front and rear armour in CoH2. Division line is in the middle.
26 Jun 2016, 18:29 PM

the forum politicking about buffing my faction and nerfing the factions i fight is really fucking old

sad thing is relic overbuffs / overnerfs shit based on what you apes post on here

All i know is, when i face panthers they are a major threat and always carry their weight. Only time my enemy loses one is when he gets really overconfident and commits a lot farther than he should. Blitzing in reverse (which is retarded btw) and often tactician smoke pretty much guarantees they get away.
26 Jun 2016, 18:56 PM

There is only front and rear armour in CoH2. Division line is in the middle.

Statistically speaking, that would mean that side armour is a thing. because you have a 50% chance at getting a pen bonus if you have the opponents side armour.

Ie.

Panther (armour 320 r 110) vs T-34 (140 pen)

43% chance to penetrate frontal armour.
71.5% ((140/110).5+(140/320).5) chance to penetrate side armour.
100% chance to penetrate rear armour.

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight