Login

russian armor

panthers reload speed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
21 Jun 2016, 12:05 PM

Lets do one thing ..trade comet and panther stats.Since panther is so superior...allied players surely wont object.
Panther as of now cant kill any armour due to pathetic dps.And can be halted by a single AT gun and supporting snare guy.

I was thinking exactly the same lol, what if comet was an equivalent of the panther?

UP comet posts 24/7
21 Jun 2016, 12:11 PM

Lets do one thing ..trade comet and panther stats.Since panther is so superior...allied players surely wont object.
Panther as of now cant kill any armour due to pathetic dps.And can be halted by a single AT gun and supporting snare guy.

No one said that panther is superior to comet, stop talking bs.

Comet is closer to pershing than to panther, you have wrong comparsions. Comet is antieverything, it's vet 2 bonus is +35% accuracy what is clearly AI bonus, just like sherman receives +40% accuracy at vet 2. Meanwhile panther that is already durable enough becames almost unkillable at vet 2.

Ostheer T4 has brumbarr to kill infantry, just this unit underperfomed heavily for a long time, it will be buffed with today patch. It shouldn't look like panther vs comet, but like comet + firefly vs panther + brumbarr.
21 Jun 2016, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 12:11 PMNEVEC

Comet is closer to pershing than to panther, you have wrong comparsions. Comet is antieverything, it's vet 2 bonus is +35% accuracy what is clearly AI bonus, just like sherman receives +40% accuracy at vet 2. Meanwhile panther that is already durable enough becames almost unkillable at vet 2.

Actually, +accuracy veterancy only helps vs bigger targets. Accuracy veterancy (on tank guns) does jack-shit vs infantry.

What you want to improve our AI capabilities of your (low-accuracy) tank-guns is reduced scatter (i.e., the thing that King Tiger, Tiger and OKW P4 receive in spades) or reduced reload time.

(Comet is good vs infantry mostly because it already has really good scatter distances already at Vet0).

Stug is the last crutch for most armour..and ur using it as an excuse for panther?

No. What I was saying that you cannot use the Stug as an example to buff the Panther.

The reason why the Panther merits absolutely no direct rof buffs is that a Vet2 Panther has:
- Exactly the same durability as the Churchill
- Collectively, its MGs deal Vet3 lmg-gren-like damage
- Is a racecar compared to what USF/Soviet can field to counter it
- Has one of the best guns in the game (accuracy, penetration) when it comes to dealing alpha-damage (at range 50)

... and now you just want to flat-out increase its rate of fire, without a compensating nerf?
21 Jun 2016, 12:41 PM

Evething what Panther need, is good micro.

Beat 1v1 every tank in game. What need more?
21 Jun 2016, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 21:11 PMspajn

If you can't beat a panther with pershing i can't take you seriously. Also "paula himself" wtf... are you somekind of fanboy? lel...

mate you arent a friend with facts aa ...

pershing vs a panther 1 v 1 only thouse two, 1 v 1 pershing will lose ...
my self i got some king tigers with only shermans

"are you somekind of fanboy? lel.."
and no i dont really like paul efter his lest post but he is a good player thet just told pershing is UnderP and usf should get a real tank to fight panthers in his lest big post fun fact over here ...
21 Jun 2016, 14:30 PM

the panther is only redundant because the Stug is already so awesome. Trying to buff the panther above the stug is just going to make the panther ridiculous.

So? it is still one super expensive medium tank which can't reliably anti-inf, unlike the Comet

StuG is reasonably good for its price, for mid game. After hitting T4 it is getting outranged by its counter part SU85 and Jackson and Firefly, which is what Panther is supposed to be for.

If you are gonna lock panther in more expensive, late-game tier 4, and put the price tag on 175 fuel, you gotta make it reliably, right now its DPS and range is a joke
21 Jun 2016, 15:06 PM

Panthers without vet suck.

Panthers with vet are awesome.

I believe it was the same way in vCoH. Only thing about that was if you were playing Wehrmacht and had the fuel to invest, those panthers came with vet.

And they worked well against anything that wasn't Armor Company. But then again, Axis armor's bane was Armor Company with those field reps and AWM. D:

Although with that being said Panthers may not have a strong niche in 1v1s, but in 3v3 and 4v4s the sheer volume of fuel that axis players gets means its easy to use them to overwhelm the allies. The smaller the game though, the less effective their role is.
22 Jun 2016, 06:35 AM

I was thinking exactly the same lol, what if comet was an equivalent of the panther?

UP comet posts 24/7

Actually, I think it would be more "UP Firefly" than "UP Comet". The Firefly costs 440/155 to the Panther's 490/175 while being significantly less durable, with a lower speed and only slightly more DPS (after the latest buff).

Under-use of the Panther is a result of both Ostheer's ridiculous teching costs (UKF pays 200/50 for their T3.5 to Ostheer's 360/95 for T4) and Allied faction design. If you know the USF player isn't using Heavy Cavalry or the Soviet player doesn't have an IS-2, ISU-152 or KV-2 doctrine, there's no reason to build Panthers. They're always useful against UKF Comet spam of course. :)
22 Jun 2016, 06:41 AM

Actually, +accuracy veterancy only helps vs bigger targets. Accuracy veterancy (on tank guns) does jack-shit vs infantry.

Really? I am just noticed that my vet 2 tank with accuracy bonus starts to hit infantry more often.

Okay than, if relic really wanted to make comet more effective against bigger targets why it recieves accuracy not penetration?
22 Jun 2016, 06:49 AM

So? it is still one super expensive medium tank which can't reliably anti-inf, unlike the Comet

StuG is reasonably good for its price, for mid game. After hitting T4 it is getting outranged by its counter part SU85 and Jackson and Firefly, which is what Panther is supposed to be for.

If you are gonna lock panther in more expensive, late-game tier 4, and put the price tag on 175 fuel, you gotta make it reliably, right now its DPS and range is a joke

what are the allies suppose to use against the panther? su-85, jackson, and firefly are their faction's strongest anti-tank weapon, and even more specialized than the panther.

and 50 range isn't a joke.
22 Jun 2016, 07:21 AM

Including vet bonuses?

I'd make that swap any day of the week :)
22 Jun 2016, 07:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 12:41 PMAradan
Evething what Panther need, is good micro.

Beat 1v1 every tank in game. What need more?

Don't say that, They'll ask Relic to buff their skill micro.
22 Jun 2016, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 07:21 AMGrim

Including vet bonuses?

I'd make that swap any day of the week :)

And abilities too, yeah id be up for it no questions asked lol.
22 Jun 2016, 08:29 AM

If that happened, the whining from you about how weak and easily penetrated Tiger is would be remembered by generations to come as allied players actually can micro their armor as it always was a paper.
But sure, swap the stats, I'm for it, cromwells, shermans and other meds wouldn't have to deal with inpenetrable armor and bullshit vet2 HP increase, while there would be actually 2nd allied tank Tiger can and will bounce off.

You'd shit your pants in a matter of three games if these two were swapped places with stats and vet, brits don't need comet for AI and its not AI why comet is preferred over MK VII, it was always exclusively about AT, AI was just a side bonus for premium price.
22 Jun 2016, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 07:21 AMEsxile

Don't say that, They'll ask Relic to buff their skill micro.

Bulletin "Mouse of Doom" 4% more mouse cursor speed and 4% faster click. :D

Every unit need proper micro and use. Panter is agile sniper, and fast skimisher in right time.
The same Shock Troops. In right hands they are ultimate tool of doom and with poor micro, useles unit, that bleed your manpower.
22 Jun 2016, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 08:29 AMKatitof

If that happened, the whining from you about how weak and easily penetrated Tiger is would be remembered by generations to come as allied players actually can micro their armor as it always was a paper.
But sure, swap the stats, I'm for it, cromwells, shermans and other meds wouldn't have to deal with inpenetrable armor and bullshit vet2 HP increase, while there would be actually 2nd allied tank Tiger can and will bounce off.

You'd shit your pants in a matter of three games if these two were swapped places with stats and vet, brits don't need comet for AI and its not AI why comet is preferred over MK VII, it was always exclusively about AT, AI was just a side bonus for premium price.

Nahh..wont happen,the cost of obtaining it will make it inefficient in killing tanks.And can be halted by a single AT gun and snare guy.Only impact 4 vs 4.
22 Jun 2016, 08:56 AM

Nahh..wont happen,the cost of obtaining it will make it inefficient in killing tanks.And can be halted by a single AT gun and snare guy.Only impact 4 vs 4.

You wanted to trade stats, not techs, it would be easier to get it then it is to get a comet and getting a pair of comets in 40 min game isn't anything hard.

Oh, right.

Sorry, my bad.

I keep forgetting your games don't last longer then 20 mins for all these late game units to matter. :sibHyena:
22 Jun 2016, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 08:56 AMKatitof

You wanted to trade stats, not techs, it would be easier to get it then it is to get a comet and getting a pair of comets in 40 min game isn't anything hard.

Oh, right.

Sorry, my bad.

I keep forgetting your games don't last longer then 20 mins for all these late game units to matter. :sibHyena:

Again you didnt answer my earlier questions,maybe my games dont last more than 20 minutes.What happens to elite tourney ...they never seem to use panther at all?They noobs too?You had no answer to that before and dont have one now...because your argument is fundamentally dishonest,borne out of prejudice.
22 Jun 2016, 11:50 AM

I repeat moving accuracy from 0.5 to 0.65-0.7 done close the post
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment