Login

russian armor

So uhm, how do you even counter this?

19 Jun 2016, 21:24 PM

yeahhh and then they get insta wiped by one hit lol. I understand what you are saying though, it is very rng dependend.

IMO the worst thinga bout counter battery is that it makes me stressed
19 Jun 2016, 21:35 PM

I played a few Wehrmacht games today for the first time, I got a guy who built some emplacements and a AT guns and I found StuGs so effective vs emplacements

Cheap compared to your other tanks, cant get countered by Mortars or Bofors unlike your team weapons and is mobile compared to the Pak 40

You should try build StuGs after your first Panzer IV next time maybe you will have the same sucess as me
19 Jun 2016, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 21:35 PMmedhood
I played a few Wehrmacht games today for the first time, I got a guy who built some emplacements and a AT guns and I found StuGs so effective vs emplacements

Cheap compared to your other tanks, cant get countered by Mortars or Bofors unlike your team weapons and is mobile compared to the Pak 40

You should try build StuGs after your first Panzer IV next time maybe you will have the same sucess as me

Thank you, will try this!
20 Jun 2016, 07:31 AM

Build 2 stugs followed by 1 Ostwind. Don't lose them.
Having a Commander with Scope also helps a lot, your stugs can now self-spot. You can replace the Ostwind by a command panzer if you have it.
20 Jun 2016, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 07:31 AMEsxile
Having a Commander with Scope also helps a lot, your stugs can now self-spot. You can replace the Ostwind by a command panzer if you have it.

Exactly what i was going to say, jaeger armor commander is so great !
20 Jun 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 07:31 AMEsxile

Will definitely try this! Thanks a lot man!
21 Jun 2016, 00:06 AM

Until you encouter a top 1000 player that knows how to attack ground :sibHyena:

Lol, I'm a lvl 5000 and even I know when to attack ground.
11 Jul 2016, 17:49 PM

Any doctrine with the supply drop zone ability (so osttruppen, luftwaffe support and close air support) is good against UKF, especially against emplacements.

That 800 manpower plus the units sitting inside of his bofors + mortar combo can't contest your fuel drops and delayed his tanks. And then the emplacements are useless against your own tanks, which you now get faster. Take him to town with an ostwind and follow up with more tanks.

Strategy #1 is a T1 > T3 build. To facilitate the strategy, open with gren > sniper > gren > sniper. Don't bother with a machine gun or mortars, you don't need them (although mortars are great against UKF with other strats). Just use the grens to defend your snipers against his bren carrier and bleed his mp with your snipers while conserving your own due to lack of casualties, and let your pios cap in the meantime while you put heavy pressure on him. He will for sure get emplacements against that, which is what we wanted him to do. If he starts spamming royal engineers before he puts up emplacements you can get a machine gun, otherwise save your manpower for fuel caches, supply drops and getting your first tank (ostwind) out asap.

Strategy #2 is the same but get T2 and drop munitions instead of fuel. Get at least 3 halftracks, get two panzergren squads and schreks on both, get minesweeper pios, then put all of your units in the halftracks. Start upgrading flamers on all but one halftrack (so you can still reinforce) and then drive into his base. You'll win the game when you destroy his command post buildings which will go quickly with schreks, and flammen HTs + 2 schrek squads + HT reinforce takes care of anything he tries to do. Like the first strat, this works even better if he gets emplacements no matter where he puts them. But if he puts them far enough away that they don't cover his base, you know for sure that he's not expecting this strategy (not that I know what to do against it, it's one of the reasons why I don't play UKF in 1v1).

You're welcome & have fun.
11 Jul 2016, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

I played versus a brit player that totally bunkered down into simcity on langreskya. He build an early mortar pit that wiped a full health gren squad straight of the bat. He then got a huge chunk of the map because the mortar denied any of my weapon teams to help me control the map, so I constantly had to micro the lot.

I eventually destroyed the mortar pit with double 222 and pak 40 support, but by then he had gotten so much map control for quite some time that the first cromwell rolled out. I managed to beat it back with my pak 40s but then he made a new mortar pit, a bit further back and protected it with tommies, a vickers and a 6 pounder. The infantry and mgs were all in trenches.

He then build a bofors near the western vp and put a bren lgm tommie squad in a trench supported by the 6 pounder. I tried to react with double mortars, but you guesssed it: counter battery. It could hit everywhere and even into some parts of my base sector...

If you look at the image, you can see on the minimap display the entirety of his simcity efforts. The mortar pit kept pushing my mgs around, the counter barrage prohibited my counter light artillery and his lgm infantry and his cromwell kept me at bay. There was in my mind literally nothing I could do..

So, how do you counter this? He didn't have to micro anything apart from moving his units and tanks here and there. This seems really really broken..

Wait, so you have a pak, 2 mortars, 2 p4s and elephant incoming and you can't counter a single bofors?
11 Jul 2016, 20:15 PM

Wait, so you have a pak, 2 mortars, 2 p4s and elephant incoming and you can't counter a single bofors?

A 6 pounder, counter battery pre nerf, a Cromwell and a comet, a mortar pit and a horde of tommies with Double brens and multuple Vickers in trenches.

If you think beating this is easy as is Ostheer, well oke then.
12 Jul 2016, 19:45 PM

THe panzer werfer will get insta destroyed by counter battery.. It reks it in one salvo lol

Sadly, heavy learn 2 play issue detected.

Counter Battery is a 45 second ability on a 90 second cool down, first of all, after the nerf.

Panzerwerfer's are bar none, the most mobile rocket artillery in the game. They fire their salvo the fastest, and they are the fastest vehicle with the rockets mounted to them.

Drive up, launch salvo, Hit R (or whatever button your key assignments have for the Reverse order) and click a couple 100 yards behind your Panzerwerfer.

Done deal, there is no way in hell Counter Battery will hit your Panzerwerfer.
12 Jul 2016, 20:05 PM

uhm you do realize that if my mortars shoot once for putting up smoke ,they are insta barraged by the counter battery and the mortar pit. Then we have multiple vickers, a cromwell and a multitude of lmg tommies that cover everything. The problem is not the bofors, but the synergy of it all..

well the mortar is gonna die anyway its not gonna stay alive forever because eventually RNG is gonna say one shot so might as well use smoke barrage and get the smoke you need to assault a bofors with flames.

FHT with infantry and anti tank support pushing against those emplacements would be a success. :P just smoke then attack ground with FHT and pak. Nade if you want to as well. If the brit player is smart hes gonna attack ground cause brace doesnt help against flames so you'll want to ditch as much damage in as possible in case he attack grounds your FHT forcing you to reposition the FHT. Then push forward to the mortar while you have the momentum. (when i say nade that includes every nade even panzerfausts because you need to take advantage of that momentum and pretty much blitzkrieg rape his emplacements)

Just gotta find the window of opportunity to attack first. :D Force retreats on 2-3 sections and a vickers if possible to enhance your window to attack.
12 Jul 2016, 21:35 PM

Sadly, heavy learn 2 play issue detected.

Counter Battery is a 45 second ability on a 90 second cool down, first of all, after the nerf.

Panzerwerfer's are bar none, the most mobile rocket artillery in the game. They fire their salvo the fastest, and they are the fastest vehicle with the rockets mounted to them.

Drive up, launch salvo, Hit R (or whatever button your key assignments have for the Reverse order) and click a couple 100 yards behind your Panzerwerfer.

Done deal, there is no way in hell Counter Battery will hit your Panzerwerfer.

This thread was made pre-nerf, as you could have seen. My comment was made about the situation as it was pre nerf. This meant instant barrage as soon as anything shot anywhere on the map during the entire match.

I know you want your share of calling that cool l2p issue bs, but think before you post that bro.
12 Jul 2016, 21:41 PM

well the mortar is gonna die anyway its not gonna stay alive forever because eventually RNG is gonna say one shot so might as well use smoke barrage and get the smoke you need to assault a bofors with flames.

FHT with infantry and anti tank support pushing against those emplacements would be a success. :P just smoke then attack ground with FHT and pak. Nade if you want to as well. If the brit player is smart hes gonna attack ground cause brace doesnt help against flames so you'll want to ditch as much damage in as possible in case he attack grounds your FHT forcing you to reposition the FHT. Then push forward to the mortar while you have the momentum. (when i say nade that includes every nade even panzerfausts because you need to take advantage of that momentum and pretty much blitzkrieg rape his emplacements)

Just gotta find the window of opportunity to attack first. :D Force retreats on 2-3 sections and a vickers if possible to enhance your window to attack.

I understand this, I have tried this too. The problem is that any player that is above lvl 1000 understands the notion of attack ground.

He simply has one mortar pit covered by a Vickers in a trench and a 6 pounder. Back then a smoke barrage would mean instant barrage from counter barrage, so it would result in a dead mortar and a possible failed assault, because I can't smoke a Bofors and a Vickers and an at gun at the same time without losing my mortars to counter barrage and getting anywhere near the emplacement.

I have had success now however, with flames. Thanks for the advice!
12 Jul 2016, 21:49 PM

Any doctrine with the supply drop zone ability (so osttruppen, luftwaffe support and close air support) is good against UKF, especially against emplacements.

That 800 manpower plus the units sitting inside of his bofors + mortar combo can't contest your fuel drops and delayed his tanks. And then the emplacements are useless against your own tanks, which you now get faster. Take him to town with an ostwind and follow up with more tanks.

Strategy #1 is a T1 > T3 build. To facilitate the strategy, open with gren > sniper > gren > sniper. Don't bother with a machine gun or mortars, you don't need them (although mortars are great against UKF with other strats). Just use the grens to defend your snipers against his bren carrier and bleed his mp with your snipers while conserving your own due to lack of casualties, and let your pios cap in the meantime while you put heavy pressure on him. He will for sure get emplacements against that, which is what we wanted him to do. If he starts spamming royal engineers before he puts up emplacements you can get a machine gun, otherwise save your manpower for fuel caches, supply drops and getting your first tank (ostwind) out asap.

Strategy #2 is the same but get T2 and drop munitions instead of fuel. Get at least 3 halftracks, get two panzergren squads and schreks on both, get minesweeper pios, then put all of your units in the halftracks. Start upgrading flamers on all but one halftrack (so you can still reinforce) and then drive into his base. You'll win the game when you destroy his command post buildings which will go quickly with schreks, and flammen HTs + 2 schrek squads + HT reinforce takes care of anything he tries to do. Like the first strat, this works even better if he gets emplacements no matter where he puts them. But if he puts them far enough away that they don't cover his base, you know for sure that he's not expecting this strategy (not that I know what to do against it, it's one of the reasons why I don't play UKF in 1v1).

You're welcome & have fun.

Lol both worked, great work hahaha
12 Jul 2016, 22:29 PM

Lol both worked, great work hahaha

Which one's your favourite? :P
13 Jul 2016, 06:58 AM

Which one's your favourite? :P

The one with the double flame HT! It is so funny to see them rage. Although I have failed with it a few times now. They mine their bases :foreveralone:
13 Jul 2016, 07:03 AM

The one with the double flame HT! It is so funny to see them rage. Although I have failed with it a few times now. They mine their bases :foreveralone:

No problem, that's why you just bring the minesweeper with you or send it ahead a little earlier to scout out the path before you go in.
16 Jul 2016, 07:18 AM

double mortars or rush a FHT
16 Jul 2016, 09:17 AM

implying that the pzwerfer isnt beyond useless against emplacements.. flame ht is the best way
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS