18 Jun 2016, 13:50 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa...this original post is makin a lot of sense
18 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM

yes okw medics and pioneers shouldn't have fuel cost
18 Jun 2016, 13:59 PM

Why? OKW has had enough to be the special snowflake of this game.
18 Jun 2016, 20:36 PM

While i agree, OKW should not pay fuel for healing, i think the same should go for all faction.

Until this patch only USF had to pay fuel for healhy. 10 fuel
18 Jun 2016, 21:02 PM

Why? OKW has had enough to be the special snowflake of this game.

No wonder OKW was picked much less than Wehrmacht in the ESL

In all seriousness though OKW does need some sort of side-tech just not 100 mp + 15 f on medics and repair pioneers thats just stupid

Everyone will of course buy the medics to stop the MP bleeding but who would buy repair pioneers?
18 Jun 2016, 21:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 21:02 PMmedhood

No wonder OKW was picked much less than Wehrmacht in the ESL

In all seriousness though OKW does need some sort of side-tech just not 100 mp + 15 f on medics and repair pioneers thats just stupid

Everyone will of course buy the medics to stop the MP bleeding but who would buy repair pioneers?

I don't think the fuel would be that bad if Sturmpioneer vet 1 was actually a viable alternative, especially for mech truck.
18 Jun 2016, 21:22 PM

I don't think the fuel would be that bad if Sturmpioneer vet 1 was actually a viable alternative, especially for mech truck.

True, I think theres also alot of other abilities that need adjusting aswell such as Wehrmacht Aid Kits

But better or worse I still would have preferred Side-Tech being put into something else instead of unlocking abilities from the trucks

Still gonna play the game either way though
18 Jun 2016, 21:28 PM

USF will be tourney-ready this patch.

-mortar opens up building denial, and punishes static Ost play. (Ostruppen or MG42s basically)

-.50 cal shreds 222, and soft counters OKW lights/Puma. The fact that the .50 cal can shred 222 and the new mortar means that USF can keep their forces close together early-mid game and potentially beat Ost at combined arms. (M20 would chase sniper while 222 is deterred.)

-removal of Shrek blobs means that AA track play/light play in general will be super viable against OKW, just kite fausts and bleed models. Assuming healthy bleed on the OKW they should afford 2 raks, max. If they go Puma, .50 cal and AT gun counter it. (And Stuart with ability.)

-Major arty + a couple zook shots can finish off a Shwerer HQ, for only 60 munis.

-buffed AT gun means that anti infantry fuel builds (like a focus on newly buffed Scotts, or Caliopes) are more viable because you can now get solid AT for 270 MP.

-Self spotting Jackson enables you to not run into pak walls and makes it better at dueling Panthers/Tigers, and snipe down retreating mediums/lights.

IMO for the longest time the USF strat was mobile rifle play with forces spread around the map, flanking and smoking until upgrades and vehicles came in so they could continue flanking and harassing until the Axis player gets out-teched, or in the OKW case they lose Shwerer/go into a massive MP deficit. This didn't work at higher levels because the most solid Rifle play can be countered by Snipers, HMGs in buildings, and fast Luches + Shreks.

Now that USF has early cheap indirect, HMG that counters lights, and an AT gun that reliably pens mediums combined arms is now an option as the USF, so it should see higher level play. (I think that a fast M20 will always nullify-not kill- Sniper now, unless you run over a Teller.)

18 Jun 2016, 23:16 PM

While i agree, OKW should not pay fuel for healing, i think the same should go for all faction.

Ambulance is a vehicle that can move so the 10 fuel makes sense. Also it is the best healing in game due to a strong aoe aura rather than individual medics healing 1 by 1
18 Jun 2016, 23:20 PM

Ambulance is a vehicle that can move so the 10 fuel makes sense. Also it is the best healing in game due to a strong aoe aura rather than individual medics healing 1 by 1

I read that in your voice :wub:
19 Jun 2016, 06:03 AM
Patrion 27

Ambulance could really use a small movement speed buff and/or some additional survivability at 10 fuel. Look at the Kubel that cost no fuel (should be 5 with MAYBE a tiny buff) and the IR ht that cost 5 fuel lol.

OKW truck upgrades costing fuel really doesn't make sense. I agree it should be a munitions cost. This would synergize a wee-little bit with Thorough Salvage as a side-effect.
19 Jun 2016, 06:43 AM

no usf have ambulance and is movable, so should have fuel cost + other armies have caches, supply drop and 10 or 15 fuel more not big problem for them but okw dont have caches + expensive tech and tanks, so 30 additional fuel cost is unacceptable
19 Jun 2016, 06:48 AM

This is true, but the ambulance also costs pop, unless i am mistaken, and unlike the old OKW they didn't have to pay for the healing in the first place. For both the USF and OWK you didn't pay for the perks you got when you teched, same with the Brits.

Really just because it can move i feel dose not justify having to pay fuel for the healing. I would think it would be better if they just took away the fuel cost. I know it dose not seem like much, but that 10 fuel can make it hard to get other upgrades. like weapon rak, and nades, let alone light vehicles when they are needed.
19 Jun 2016, 07:38 AM

"Wehr gets sandbags so USF is the only faction that doesn’t have them. Honorable mentions include only faction that can’t build mines and only faction without flames #FeelsBadMan #MakeUSFGreatAgain"
but you have non doctrinal tank traps that give you green cover

"USF doesn’t need another anti-inf inf squad so the captain provided good utility with zooks. The captain upgrade should give two zooks."
yes, let them have 2 zooks but you have to pay them to get them

"If we want to retain these cloaks, the unit shouldn’t be able to move."
YES PLS

"Stun Nade bug didn’t get fixed(?)."
hidden future EleGiggle

"Unless recovery from suppression while under smoke is speeded up, this is something that needs to be looked upon."
YES PLEASE ASWELL. i hate seeing units crawling around for like 10-15 sec even they got out of mg fire ages ago
19 Jun 2016, 08:04 AM

Can someone explain to me why the 100mp 15fu upgrade of medics for okw isn't just added to the cost of setting up the truck? The reason why people go this route is because they want heals, not because they want to rush out a flak ht or isg so delaying the medics just doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand adding sidetech for the mechanised hq since players will want to get their vehicle out asap (often a luchs) and also because repairs aren't needed instantly. For the med hq it would just be more easier to add the cost to the price of setting up the truck especially since 15 fu for medics is already quite costly compared to other factions with same 3 man medics (sovs,wher).
21 Jun 2016, 00:41 AM

Never heard of you tbqh

decent suggestions though
21 Jun 2016, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 08:04 AMCrumbum
Can someone explain to me why the 100mp 15fu upgrade of medics for okw isn't just added to the cost of setting up the truck? The reason why people go this route is because they want heals, not because they want to rush out a flak ht or isg so delaying the medics just doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand adding sidetech for the mechanised hq since players will want to get their vehicle out asap (often a luchs) and also because repairs aren't needed instantly. For the med hq it would just be more easier to add the cost to the price of setting up the truck especially since 15 fu for medics is already quite costly compared to other factions with same 3 man medics (sovs,wher).

The answer to the cheap tech was to increase the cost of the tech. Great point.
21 Jun 2016, 01:26 AM

The answer to the cheap tech was to increase the cost of the tech. Great point.
21 Jun 2016, 02:32 AM
Patrion 14

because you can still reinforce, maybe save that 15 fu for quicker tech.
21 Jun 2016, 03:34 AM

I think usf is the one of the worst factions, with USSR being best allied faction. I feel qualified to say that as I'm one of the few people who played USF in ESL (Hans & Luvnest didn't as they know how bad USF is). I'm currently 1v1 top 10 OKW & top 20 with rest and top 10 USSR 2v2 so I know all of the factions. You may be able to pull "ZOMG USF FANBOY NOOB" with someone else but not with me :welcome:

Do you admit that USFs is in fact your favorite faction?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS