Login

russian armor

Some noob questions. Help!

16 Jun 2016, 10:21 AM

Hello!
I have some questions.
Maybe some of them have already been asked and been answered before, so you might say 'Search it on the forum before you make a new topic'. But since my main language isn't english, I have many issues at searching for the informations.
so don't get upset too much. I'll remove some of the questions if they have been answered in the past.

I've played warhammer 40k series and coh1 so I know how the systems work. (covers, commander skills, etc)
but I don't know much about the strategies and the builds.
Some people have told me I should pick wehrmacht and mechanized assault doctrine.
This is the strategy i've used
 I start with 2 AGrens and 2 MGs, 1 Pioneer.
 I build tier 2, get 222 car. and pak if I need one
 Get a tons of Stug-Es, Be happy
 Tier 4, get the car with a rocket launchers (I don't remember the name...) or Panther
The strategy have worked perfectly in most of the games.
but as time goes on, I started to keep lose.
AGrens were hard to control. they die too easily. I'm scared of soviet's flame grenade(or something)
If they even have mortar teams and MGs. My infantries do nothing but dying in early game.
on that situation, evenif I have 222car, the car can do nothing because infantries can't support the car.
If the car is alone, it would be destroyed. I surrender, deciding not to play this game never again, get sad, cry alone, and kill myself.

I don't want to kill myself or get sad
so I think I need to learn more strategies. I tried to watch some replays, but since I'm just a noob, It's hard to figure out what's going on by watching replays.
Somebody give me a simple explanation for new startegy or tips for the strategy that I've used? Help...

The reason why I've tired wehrmacht only was just because wehrmacht is the only faction that I learnd a strategy.
I know nothing about other factions. I wish I could play OKW because I used to play as panzerelite on coh1.
but I can't find any guides for them. even on this website, on the guide page, there are only a few guides.
so would you recommand me a basic opening build for other factions as well? or link other topic where I can find them... I've tried to find it on my own but I couldn't because my english isn't good, and some topics were about past game. I mean, the game has been changing. For example, some topics are talking about when you still could get panzergranadiers on tier 0. It's hard for noob to distinguish those past informations from current inforamtions...

T_T
If the questions are way to common or if I broke any forum rules
just let me know. I'll delete the topic ASAP...
16 Jun 2016, 13:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Welcome!

One comment first: I see that you haven't played a lot of games yet. Specifically, you have not had 10 games for any combination of game mode and faction, so the matches are still your "placement" matches. This means that you will be matched with more or less a random selection of player, which might much better or worse than you.

So, don't despair if you lose badly now, you should get more evenly matched games once you have your 10 games. Until then, I'd stick to one mode/faction to get to this point quickly.

Secondly, you can upload replays here and people way more skilled than me will give you some pointers.

Regarding build orders: Fixed build orders won't work well as the strategy will depend on the map, what faction(s) you face and what your opponent does. Also, they depend on the game mode (1v1, 2v2, etc.).

The rest of the comments are from a 1v1 perspective:

Yes, with mechanized assault you can replace a lot of the non-doctrinal units. Assault grenadiers are an option, but they are not overly good on open maps, scale not too well and don't have a Panzerfaust.

For starters I'd suggest you stick more or less to the standard set of units. Once you know their strength and weaknesses, you'll have a better idea on where and when it could be worthwhile to augment or replace them with doctrinal ones.

The typical build order for Wehrmacht would be

MG and T1, 3x grenadiers (maybe a mortar) => T2
Then, build stuff depending on the situation.
Eventually, the typical progression would be to build T3 and get e.g a Panzer IV from there. Beyond that you can consider pumping out more T3 units, tech up or get some call-in armor.

I guess allied factions aren't really an option for you, right?
16 Jun 2016, 21:15 PM

Thankies a lot for the kind answer!

A few seconds ago, I played 1v1 against USF.
I used the strategy that I explained on the first post.
My agrens couldn't fight well against enemy infantries with BAR rifle.
I got 2 scout cars(222mm) but they got bazookas so I couldn't do it's job.
I think the strongest point of my strategy is when I'm pumping out Stug-Es,
but Stug-Es were destroyed easily by enemy infantires and tank destroyer. (The enemy had picked armor company commander)
After I lost a bunch of stug-es and scout cars, I could do nothing against those enemy infantries and tanks.
I'll upload replays. Ughh... T_T

Thanks for your kindness again!
16 Jun 2016, 22:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:15 PMSorang
Thankies a lot for the kind answer!

A few seconds ago, I played 1v1 against USF.
I used the strategy that I explained on the first post.
My agrens couldn't fight well against enemy infantries with BAR rifle.
I got 2 scout cars(222mm) but they got bazookas so I couldn't do it's job.
I think the strongest point of my strategy is when I'm pumping out Stug-Es,
but Stug-Es were destroyed easily by enemy infantires and tank destroyer. (The enemy had picked armor company commander)
After I lost a bunch of stug-es and scout cars, I could do nothing against those enemy infantries and tanks.
I'll upload replays. Ughh... T_T

Thanks for your kindness again!

plaese upload your replay here! https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

we'll be GLAD to help :snfPeter:
16 Jun 2016, 22:59 PM

^ all the good people its good to c fellow Korean XD if u'd I will add u so we can play some matches together.
16 Jun 2016, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 10:21 AMSorang
Hello!
I have some questions.
Maybe some of them have already been asked and been answered before, so you might say 'Search it on the forum before you make a new topic'. But since my main language isn't english, I have many issues at searching for the informations.
so don't get upset too much. I'll remove some of the questions if they have been answered in the past.

I've played warhammer 40k series and coh1 so I know how the systems work. (covers, commander skills, etc)
but I don't know much about the strategies and the builds.
Some people have told me I should pick wehrmacht and mechanized assault doctrine.
This is the strategy i've used
 I start with 2 AGrens and 2 MGs, 1 Pioneer.
 I build tier 2, get 222 car. and pak if I need one
 Get a tons of Stug-Es, Be happy
 Tier 4, get the car with a rocket launchers (I don't remember the name...) or Panther
The strategy have worked perfectly in most of the games.
but as time goes on, I started to keep lose.
AGrens were hard to control. they die too easily. I'm scared of soviet's flame grenade(or something)
If they even have mortar teams and MGs. My infantries do nothing but dying in early game.
on that situation, evenif I have 222car, the car can do nothing because infantries can't support the car.
If the car is alone, it would be destroyed. I surrender, deciding not to play this game never again, get sad, cry alone, and kill myself.

I don't want to kill myself or get sad
so I think I need to learn more strategies. I tried to watch some replays, but since I'm just a noob, It's hard to figure out what's going on by watching replays.
Somebody give me a simple explanation for new startegy or tips for the strategy that I've used? Help...

The reason why I've tired wehrmacht only was just because wehrmacht is the only faction that I learnd a strategy.
I know nothing about other factions. I wish I could play OKW because I used to play as panzerelite on coh1.
but I can't find any guides for them. even on this website, on the guide page, there are only a few guides.
so would you recommand me a basic opening build for other factions as well? or link other topic where I can find them... I've tried to find it on my own but I couldn't because my english isn't good, and some topics were about past game. I mean, the game has been changing. For example, some topics are talking about when you still could get panzergranadiers on tier 0. It's hard for noob to distinguish those past informations from current inforamtions...

T_T
If the questions are way to common or if I broke any forum rules
just let me know. I'll delete the topic ASAP...

I played the Dawn of War series before playing CoH2 aswell and while they may seem similar at first sight they are very much different games and many aspects are very different

Although if you were a Dawn of War player I'd highly suggest you play USF as they are similar to the factions from Dawn of War in many aspects especially with Space Marines in my personal opinion
17 Jun 2016, 07:04 AM

plaese upload your replay here! https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

we'll be GLAD to help :snfPeter:

I've uploaded a replay! -^^-
17 Jun 2016, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 23:27 PMmedhood

I played the Dawn of War series before playing CoH2 aswell and while they may seem similar at first sight they are very much different games and many aspects are very different

Although if you were a Dawn of War player I'd highly suggest you play USF as they are similar to the factions from Dawn of War in many aspects especially with Space Marines in my personal opinion

I used to play Dow with space marine, apothecary.
I'll try USF! thanksヾ ^_^
17 Jun 2016, 07:07 AM

^ all the good people its good to c fellow Korean XD if u'd I will add u so we can play some matches together.

Yays~~! new steam friend! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) ♪
17 Jun 2016, 15:37 PM

30 Jun 2016, 09:45 AM

I would say that usual Wehrmacht opening (no commander) is:
In this order
-MG and t1 building
-3 grenadiers (keep eye on manpower, don't float it)
-battle phase one (no fuel floating either) retreat ur pios while research too, if you want fast 222
-t2
-pgren/ATG
-bunker
-battle phase 2

if you time this correctly you can get scout car sometimes a little earlier than min 5 and if you get the scout car this early, it's most effective because when it comes out at this time, there's no real counter to it. take advantage and decap and cap their points while forcing retreats. Some people don't get the 222, but I feel like 15 fuel is not really anything (actually like 30secs of income) and the 222 can do good dmg during the time it's alive.

Also, make sure to not buy all ur grens LMGs because Pgrens need 120munis for their double schreks. makes sure to think about pio flamethrower upgrade too because this can save additional munitions used on garrison clearing nades. So I would say think about flamer or LMG, then float munis for schreks. Also think about bunker hospital upgrade. another tip is that because pgrens get 2 schreks, they lose 50% of their anti infantry power, so what you can do is that you can have 120 munis until you see the need to do so or the clock hits around min 10 which is the timing when most allied light tanks begin appearing.

Bunker timing is also really tricky because you have to make a decision to either build bunker for healing or build one more unit or tech faster

as a german player make sure to try to research the battle phase techs as soon as possible without any floating until you get to the p4 building. after that it becomes a pain in the ass either to tech or spam more p4s or something since the panther costs like 300 fuel in total taking tech and building and itself into consideration but you can always float fuel for tiger. If your getting tiger make sure to have like 2 pgrens or 2 at guns or both (lol) because they enemy might mass tanks and if you get ur p4 killed and pgrens suppresed and have not enough AT, then ur fucked. TBH, AT gun feels like a emergency unit for the wehrmacht but there's no real disadvantage to get one other than 320mp. Or if you decided to get all ur grens LMGs.

TBH, I don't really play WM that much, but I feel that this seems to be a pretty normal opening. and sort of the way I think when I'm playing WM. I've seen Helpinghans play the opening here a few times I think
30 Jun 2016, 17:26 PM

Nice you come here to learn something ;)

For now I think you should stick with our guides

Good up to date are :

begginer - all new vidoe TotW , map parspectives and tips and tricks for newbies

USA : DevM USA without tears, Armor company
OStheer: Mobile defence guide

OKW: luftwaffe lockdown have nice general thoughts but is out of meta so dont stick to that build order

UKF - we lack guides to them right now

Soviets: conscrpit guide and advanced barton tactics (somewhat out of date but still good game thoughts are there)

Also I recommend you to play more, learn some thinks and then when you encounter some biggers prolbmes either post replay here, ask questions or

And have fun

Also we can play few games together with 1 faction you want and I can learn you some basic thinks (if you want only some kind of fast course or game)

Hector (steam: 76561198151097952)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS