Login

russian armor

OKW base flaks

Do OKW base flaks need to lose their AA capabilities?
Option Distribution Votes
61%
39%
Total votes: 100
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Jun 2016, 02:51 AM
9 Jun 2016, 03:04 AM

and the ability to pen tanks.
9 Jun 2016, 03:15 AM

I think next patch they should give Volks their fausts from the start of the game and just replace base flaks with MG Bunkers
9 Jun 2016, 03:34 AM

Absolutely. Replace the flak emplacements with bunkers as stated above, and make the Panzer HQ upgrade cost 120 munitions (but allow for players to manually target enemies with it), similar to Miragefla's mod. The free AA is rather silly.
9 Jun 2016, 03:53 AM

Ok so who here knows the percentage chance that it can shoot down planes? Im sure its like super low. Because it cant unless theres another source such as a pintle mounted mg on a vehicle or 222 or AA vehicle or OKW T4.

Pintle mounted mgs such as a P4 or Panther upgraded with an MG42 have a good chance of shooting down planes.
9 Jun 2016, 05:01 AM

Ok so who here knows the percentage chance that it can shoot down planes? Im sure its like super low. Because it cant unless theres another source such as a pintle mounted mg on a vehicle or 222 or AA vehicle or OKW T4.

Pintle mounted mgs such as a P4 or Panther upgraded with an MG42 have a good chance of shooting down planes.

If its a glider it dies almost all the time. Plus in team games their can be multiple base flaks. What is your reasoning for leaving it the way it is?
9 Jun 2016, 05:37 AM

Some time ago I have tried fuel drop vs base flaks. Planet went down 2/15.

Sure, it's not often but that not the question.

It can be game changing issue sometimes.

Imgaine if bunkers could shoot down JU loiter or fuel/ammo drop. The range would be real lel
9 Jun 2016, 07:01 AM

Just change them so they can't target planes, only ground units, problem solved. Buildable flak emplacements should target and be more effective against air units however.
9 Jun 2016, 08:01 AM

It's to compensate their very low hp and the fact that the ennemies can take it i guess.
9 Jun 2016, 08:25 AM

I am also up for some light vehicle base rushes against OKW, remove the flaks pls.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
9 Jun 2016, 08:29 AM

Remove AA Ability and remove ability to de-crew like brit emplacements and jobs done.
9 Jun 2016, 10:00 AM

Just make them bunkers and thats it. Thouse Flak base emplacents suck ass because they cant hit anything.
9 Jun 2016, 11:43 AM

I think Relic wanted to make OKWs base defenses like Panzer Elites base defenses from CoH 1. And actually, that 2cm AA gun performs pretty much like Flakvierling 38 from CoH 1.

Only problem - role of aircrafts in CoH 1 was way lower, so if base AAs of PE weren't such a big problem, in CoH 2 they really bothers and ruining some airabilites for no reason.

But it also would be lame to change AA guns on OKW base to just HMG bunkers. It may be something else. Maybe... Pantherturms? :D
9 Jun 2016, 12:52 PM

If its a glider it dies almost all the time. Plus in team games their can be multiple base flaks. What is your reasoning for leaving it the way it is?

A glider does not count as an airplane it is counted as a ground unit in this game therefore there is no chance of Base Flak being able to shoot it down. There is only if I shoot at it enough before it lands. Plus it is an AA Gun along with OKW HQ's only base defense as we all know OKW does not have snares to prevent glorious base charges unless they have their panzerfaust from teching up. Yes the raketenwerfer will be there but an AT gun is useless against a light anti infantry tank if nothing can snare it if the Medic Truck has been destroyed somehow.

I completely understand the need for nerfing the OKW T4 HQ as it is ridiculous with its penetration against armor and the fact its free with teching. The OKW Base Flak penetration as well so that it cannot just easily penetrate anything that is not light.

Next patch OKW is going to get their snares like Ostheer. If they want snares without any threat to their base building it will have to be inside the base and we all know OKW Medic Truck is not meant to be that way. Unless I could have more than 1 Medic Truck set up at a time like having more than one T1 Ostheer building.

Putting the Conversion Truck inside your base is alright but being forced to go Conversion Truck every game is rather dull is it not? What if you wanted to go Medic Truck without screwing yourself with putting it inside your base?

9 Jun 2016, 13:01 PM

Ayyy I miss COHO. Relic balanced everything by making everything OP it was glorious. Greatest balance I have ever seen.
9 Jun 2016, 13:08 PM

A glider does not count as an airplane it is counted as a ground unit in this game therefore there is no chance of Base Flak being able to shoot it down. There is only if I shoot at it enough before it lands. Plus it is an AA Gun along with OKW HQ's only base defense as we all know OKW does not have snares to prevent glorious base charges unless they have their panzerfaust from teching up. Yes the raketenwerfer will be there but an AT gun is useless against a light anti infantry tank if nothing can snare it if the Medic Truck has been destroyed somehow.

I completely understand the need for nerfing the OKW T4 HQ as it is ridiculous with its penetration against armor and the fact its free with teching. The OKW Base Flak penetration as well so that it cannot just easily penetrate anything that is not light.

Next patch OKW is going to get their snares like Ostheer. If they want snares without any threat to their base building it will have to be inside the base and we all know OKW Medic Truck is not meant to be that way. Unless I could have more than 1 Medic Truck set up at a time like having more than one T1 Ostheer building.

Putting the Conversion Truck inside your base is alright but being forced to go Conversion Truck every game is rather dull is it not? What if you wanted to go Medic Truck without screwing yourself with putting it inside your base?

Please, tell me a story of Brits' snares with their base flaks
9 Jun 2016, 13:12 PM

Need to lose their AA capabilities.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 03:04 AMLatch

+100

play against 3 OKW, you CANT use recons properly at all once they have set up their flak HT
9 Jun 2016, 13:13 PM

Please, tell me a story of Brits' snares with their base flaks

I never said Brits should not get snares. :D I am all for it. Now if only Relic was for it. :sibHyena:
9 Jun 2016, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 03:04 AMLatch

american and soviet 50.cal base emplacement pen my 222. Relic plz nerf
9 Jun 2016, 13:30 PM

Just give them base MG like all other factions, dunno why OKW keeps getting special treatment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★