Login

russian armor

War Spoils Rating

In a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the new War Spoils and your experiences with it?
Option Distribution Votes
5%
1%
5%
2%
6%
1%
19%
18%
9%
35%
Total votes: 127
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Jun 2016, 11:14 AM

Please comment how the introduction has changed your coh2 experience.

Also, please redirect any bugs to the "bugs" section of the forums so Relic can squash them ASAP.
8 Jun 2016, 11:19 AM

..so Relic can squash them ASAP.

Hah..

I like the new system, having f2p-like microtransactions for a game I've payed more than full price for (expansions incl.) was insane. Good fix. Bulletins need some tweaking though.
8 Jun 2016, 11:30 AM

I so so want to buy everything but I wont. I like it and I gave them full marks in alpha too. I want to test how good the drops would be since they've reduced the no. of bulletins in total. Will I get a skin, or a commander or what? Wait and see, I guess.

Right now I'm trying to get 3 best commanders (as per me) for each faction. Already had a set for okw and brits. Bought elite troops to complete wehr set and Pershing to complete usf. Now on to soviet and bulletins then skin. :P

Give me good drops kappa.
8 Jun 2016, 13:45 PM

This stuff should have existed since release, I guess Relic now can "give away" all the goodies before DoW3 release.
8 Jun 2016, 13:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

8 Jun 2016, 14:50 PM

Works great.

7/10 due to the fact that both commanders and bulletins themselves have been problematic since the start in their own right. But that's not War Spoils' fault, but it does help.
8 Jun 2016, 22:20 PM

I would have preferred to get more supply from commanders, but overall I like the new system.
8 Jun 2016, 22:24 PM
Donator 11

Worst part is there is nothing to buy with that supply, there are only a handful of useful commanders in this game and everybody has some skins at this point.
8 Jun 2016, 22:48 PM

I don't know what stuff like this doing in RTS game
m00
8 Jun 2016, 22:58 PM
Donator 11

I like the idea of it, but it's sort of boring. Getting the same amount of supply points every game is dull. Wish it was some sort of awesome calculation on how well you contributed to the match. Then afterwards you'd be looking forward to see how many supply points you earned and seeing the number increase instead of the static win/loss rate as expected. And since I play this game way too much and have the majority of all the drops I just get a constant 500 war supply currency to spend on nothing. :facepalm:
8 Jun 2016, 23:27 PM

Would give it a 7, and i think it's still gentle.

The real good thing is : no more duplicate. So it's much easier to get what you want, and it's a good thing.

But on the other hand, the supplies drop is really hilarious. They only thought about players who got 15646816815 duplicates, but there's still new players or players who spent hundred hours and didn't get much duplicates.

You have a lot more chances to drop the commander you want instead of buying it with supplies if you start with 0. In the worst scenario, you waste your drops on supplies because you will need dozen and dozen of them to have enough supplies for a commander.

On this side the system didn't change. It's just a " Don't want to wait 500 hours for a gameplay feature ? Buy it " on a 40$ >competitive< RTS game, it's just ridiculous, almost shameful.

But they keep working on their game, that's the good point i guess. Map selector for example. ( Should be there since the release of the game like in vCoh though ... )
9 Jun 2016, 01:01 AM

For how long they took to release this, I bet that this has been done. They just wanted to squeeze every last dollar out of us before they release it.

And because your no longer able to stack bulletins, rendering most of them useless..
9 Jun 2016, 01:18 AM

I got 4 free commander from all the duplicate supply I salvage.

10/10
9 Jun 2016, 01:26 AM

Well, I had a lot of duplicate items - specially those plates. Also, some good duplicate commanders. With some 157000 supplies, I could buy almost every missing commander (still OKW's elite armor and overwatch is left). Works good for me, and I think the now system is quite fair.
9 Jun 2016, 01:39 AM

Don't be blinded by the system giving you new free stuff. Think about the timing of such. Remember the ace. Okw. Advance emolacements. Blinded by classic greety business ethics.

Maybe if this came out 18 months ago it would be a different story..
9 Jun 2016, 02:04 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Now only if we had this at launch, coh2 wouldn't have seen to be pay2win. FeelsBadMan
9 Jun 2016, 02:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Now only if we had this at launch, coh2 wouldn't have seen to be pay2win. FeelsBadMan

+1000
9 Jun 2016, 02:32 AM

I wonder how it does make any actual difference for people ? I just don't see how it changes anything except for the fact that you no longer need to spend money on commanders which doesn't matter because the decent commanders are already owned by the vast majority anyways. It's also annoying as hell that you can't immediately leave the end screen after a game anymore because you have to go through the annoying "look how much useless virtual money/experience w/e you just earned" procedure.

Btw implementing a feature like this at such a late stage of the games lifespan where most people already have all the relevant items anyways also seems like a strange priority on relics part.

7/10 if it makes people happy so be it, doesn't have any impact at all for me personally nor does it significantly worsen the game :D
9 Jun 2016, 23:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

the problem isn't the system its accepatble. the problem is that this took so long to release that by now its almost useless in alot of ways.
11 Jun 2016, 02:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 23:23 PMWiFiDi
the problem isn't the system its accepatble. the problem is that this took so long to release that by now its almost useless in alot of ways.

I think that has more to do with Sega and their DLC policy :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★