Login

russian armor

noob question about territory and income

1 Jun 2016, 16:50 PM

I thought the more territory you control = the more income you get?

But I saw this game and the losing player who controlled 1/3 of the map was receiving the most income?

1 Jun 2016, 16:51 PM

MP income is constant and depends exclusively on population and special modifiers(which there is only one, Tiger Ace).
1 Jun 2016, 16:52 PM

More territory means more fuel and munitions but Manpower is based on your currently population total. The bigger your army means you get less manpower income.
1 Jun 2016, 16:59 PM

Thanks for the answers guys.
1 Jun 2016, 17:16 PM

Just if someone ist interested : each pop takes 1.5 mp/minute.
1 Jun 2016, 20:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MP income is constant and depends exclusively on population and special modifiers(which there is only one, Tiger Ace).

Only 1 that we have access to. #BelieveCommisar2016
1 Jun 2016, 20:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

there are other resources do have negative modifiers if you use certain abilities.

namely the soviet crew repair commander ability, or the emergency repairs ability for elite armor OKW. Which I suspect, one of those or something like it, was used here..

anyway, the screenshot...
the 3 strat points(the circles) would be +9 fuel(+3 each), and then the 1 fuel point is +7 fuel. then simply having a base territory gives you +4. So +20 for the top player

Then he has a munitions cache on one of the points, so extra +5 muni for him.

however this may have been taken before the OKW rework, where they were getting less fuel and munitions. Thats my only explanation.

1 Jun 2016, 22:11 PM

anyway, the screenshot...

What screenshot?
1 Jun 2016, 22:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What screenshot?

in the first post ._.
1 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM

in the first post ._.

Derp. Didnt see that because I am at work.
They clock any and all access to imur or other image hosting sites
26 Jan 2017, 07:45 AM

I'm digging out this topic, because i have very similar question. I have a screenshot from my early game as OH vs UKF.

As you can see, he built two fuel caches and captured one Fuel and one regular territory point - his fuel income is +26.

I have captured 4 regular points, one Fuel and if i had captured the last uncaptured territory point, my fuel income would become same as his +26.

So my question is - would i benefit as Ostheer player from building fuel caches early game?

Because he as British player did. I know he spent 400MP and could built only 3 squads, but why would he cared? He was not suffering from bad map control and I was not able to do anything with those territories early on. Later i was busy with destroying his mortar pit and when his tanks came out, it was too late to think about his fuel caches.

I'm asking this, because in most Ostheer guides i read "hold your ground early on" but in reality, if i leave my allied opponent capture his half of the map, he can pull out tanks sooner than me. On the other side, if i harass early on, i'm bleeding MP, because grens are not that great at attacking. So i think about doing something like this - to sacrifice early map control in exchange for fuel caches. Is it a good idea for OH player?

26 Jan 2017, 12:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2017, 07:45 AMTaurus
I'm digging out this topic, because i have very similar question. I have a screenshot from my early game as OH vs UKF.

As you can see, he built two fuel caches and captured one Fuel and one regular territory point - his fuel income is +26.

I have captured 4 regular points, one Fuel and if i had captured the last uncaptured territory point, my fuel income would become same as his +26.

So my question is - would i benefit as Ostheer player from building fuel caches early game?

Because he as British player did. I know he spent 400MP and could built only 3 squads, but why would he cared? He was not suffering from bad map control and I was not able to do anything with those territories early on. Later i was busy with destroying his mortar pit and when his tanks came out, it was too late to think about his fuel caches.

I'm asking this, because in most Ostheer guides i read "hold your ground early on" but in reality, if i leave my allied opponent capture his half of the map, he can pull out tanks sooner than me. On the other side, if i harass early on, i'm bleeding MP, because grens are not that great at attacking. So i think about doing something like this - to sacrifice early map control in exchange for fuel caches. Is it a good idea for OH player?

At a low level it's something you could TRY that could work. But it is not consistent or something that will make you better; because higher level, or more experienced allied players will just notice you went for a cache and will push you and your lowered field prescencehard as a result.

As ostheer I'd recommend going for the ostruppen doc against the British; osttruppen aren't anymore "good" at attacking than grenadiers, you still have to keep them in cover and stuff:

but they're good at outnumbering and out trading the Brits; especially if they get a cache. So you'll end up having more squads on the field allowing you to be more aggressive than normal; provided you don't funnel into an mg or something. Which effectively wins the game for you and punishes them for getting a cache.

Same thing would work against any allied player that went for a cache tbh. Just outspam him with cheap infantry and play it "right"
26 Jan 2017, 19:48 PM

Maybe it's a thing for team games. I just tried it in 3v3 and 4v4. Worked pretty well. And thanks for the advice
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS