Make CoH2 F2P/Great again :D

Should CoH2 be made F2P?
Option Distribution Votes
41%
59%
Total votes: 104
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 May 2016, 21:55 PM

So, with the new war spoils system, CoH2 finally has a currency and a way to obtain premium items.

Based on this, I propose that CoH2 should be made f2p to bolster the community size. Its not as if the game's not already structured around a f2p structure with different factions, commanders and skins that cost money to buy. It will also improve the scene for competitive CoH2 with more players in the game.

With this, Relic will be a far more popular developer, they can market RTSes including their upcoming games to more people and still make a bit of money.

To compensate ppl who have bought the base game, they should be able to get enough credits to buy one new faction they don't have.

What do you think?
29 May 2016, 22:07 PM

You're batshit insane.

Infinite hackers infestation being one of many reasons why.
29 May 2016, 22:20 PM

Make CoH2 community vast again
29 May 2016, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 21:55 PMhubewa
So, with the new war spoils system, CoH2 finally has a currency and a way to obtain premium items.

Based on this, I propose that CoH2 should be made f2p to bolster the community size. Its not as if the game's not already structured around a f2p structure with different factions, commanders and skins that cost money to buy. It will also improve the scene for competitive CoH2 with more players in the game.

With this, Relic will be a far more popular developer, they can market RTSes including their upcoming games to more people and still make a bit of money.

To compensate ppl who have bought the base game, they should be able to get enough credits to buy one new faction they don't have.

What do you think?

I learned three things from this thread.

3. How little the coh2 community catches on with obvious satire. (not talking about admins or mods, just your average poster)

Aha, I've caught onto your little game. :)

In all seriousness, though: it's one thing to turn a mechanically simple shooter like Team Fortress 2 (to list an example) into F2P, it's quite another to do the same for a multiplayer RTS. Relic very well might see a substantial and immediate increase in the playerbase following such a conversion, but how long would that last? How long would the new players stick around to learn the intricacies of the game instead of downloading it to play a few matches and move on? It's a gamble. And like Katitof mentioned, there's the obvious issue of cheaters becoming more prevalent were the game to be F2P.
30 May 2016, 00:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I think they should drop the prices on the games, rather than putting it on sale every other weekend. If someone picks it up on sale for 75% off, then wants to get their friends involved but they have to pay full price, they are unlikely to buy it.
30 May 2016, 00:20 AM

Would make it easier to convince people i know to play it with me,so yeah,make it f2p.
30 May 2016, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2016, 22:07 PMKatitof
You're batshit insane.

Infinite hackers infestation being one of many reasons why.

This.
30 May 2016, 00:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It is reasonable to have the base game be free, with the dlc factions and skins and shit still being for sale. Everybody who was interested in the game has already bought it in the 30 sales by now. Will attract some new players maybe.
30 May 2016, 00:47 AM

And we complain about smurfs.

Full price is a bit preposterous, especially given the single player is essentially broken, and multiplayer can be hit and miss given ones aptitude. I don't know what would be fair market value, but full price for the base game? No way.
30 May 2016, 01:27 AM
Donator 11

The only reason I can see current prices are beneficial to relic and sega is that they can show high percentege when doing a sale. They should cut all prices by 2 instead and both game and their wallet would do better.
30 May 2016, 01:42 AM

Make America Great Again! :sibHyena:
30 May 2016, 03:29 AM

I think they should drop the prices on the games, rather than putting it on sale every other weekend. If someone picks it up on sale for 75% off, then wants to get their friends involved but they have to pay full price, they are unlikely to buy it.

Yes, the CS GO style of acquiring players. Dirt cheap game, good gameplay. Scheibe ton of players.
30 May 2016, 03:57 AM

No. F2P is bad idea
30 May 2016, 04:14 AM
Patrion 14

i would like multiplayer SOV and OST sold for maybe 10 USD each?

I wanna say 5 USD, but skin packs cost more... but I guess that doesn't really matter.

I would say 5 USD for SOV and OST each with all default/free commanders.
30 May 2016, 04:31 AM

Make OST and Sov F2P, but limit access to vs. AI and custom games. Make unlocking auto (with OST and Sov) either $5, or free with purchase of USF/OKW/UKF.

Now anyone can go and try CoH2 or play with their friends for free, and there's no hackers in auto.
30 May 2016, 04:32 AM

with family sharing you already can smurf without buying another copy

hackers are the only reason to not be F2P, and it would be either P2W or P2Play
30 May 2016, 10:47 AM

No!
Without income, how long you thing would Relic support the game? Even in its current state (getting money) the support isn't the best.It should be much better.
30 May 2016, 15:12 PM

If the game is free the game would be a target for hackers since they would just make new accounts if banned
30 May 2016, 15:48 PM

Since I had preordered CoH2 I haven't bought a single expansion or DLC that wasn't on sale.

Except for one. Ostruppen. And the match immediately following purchasing Ostruppen, War Spoils dropped Ostruppen.

As such, I don't think Relic is really making all that much money off of Humble Bundle Sales. The base game being around $10, and all the factions and DLC being $2-$5 would go a long way. Sixty bucks at this point should at least get you all the factions.
30 May 2016, 15:49 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS