Login

russian armor

Make CoH2 F2P/Great again :D

3 Jun 2016, 13:15 PM

Increase of population can be also achieved by steam discounts or permanent price drop at least on base vanila content, making the entry point more accessible, while discouraging F2P games hacker infestation(because how you're going to stop them in F2P? You can't).
3 Jun 2016, 14:01 PM
Donator 11

to achieve that it would need to be so absurdly cheap (something like 1€/1$), that going F2P wouldnt be a step anymore. othwise the psychological hurdle is often too steep. that is the entire selling point of F2P.

yes, hackers, flamers and droppers would be a problem with the current system in place (or rather not system in place), but i think that this is manageable
3 Jun 2016, 14:47 PM

What if I told you that monetization model of f2p game is highly dependent on the genre of the game as well as population with population size being the actual key here as huge population allows you for light monetization and still revenues of millions per month?

Games with huuuuge populations, like dota or lol can easily aim monetization at things like skins and average revenue per player being around 50 cents/month will still net them millions of euro every month, while games like mmos with lower population have much more aggressive monetization and still don't achieve even similar results?

So, please tell me, are seriously THAT stupid to believe CoH2 will suddenly get 2 millions of users who will stick to the game and let it float off the skins alone or you're one of these self entitled a-holes who believe f2p games are charity work and games as small as niche RTS would not need aggressive monetization to even keep community manager around?

I WORK on that from the kitchen, I work with F2P games, I know how they are monetized and how they need to be monetized to be successful and believe me, dota2 is EXCEPTION not a rule.

What if I told you Dota 2 did not become the most popular game on valve because of genre, or because it was free? Its actually a really good game. Something COH2 is not. Balance has always had issues, commander system is flawed, 1v1 lost appeal ever since Western Blob Armies came out, original campaign and coop is very mediocre. Game breaking bugs sometimes take 2 months to get patched. Wakeup call, COH2 by yourself is a 5/10 multiplayer experience, and only becomes a 7/10 when you have friends to play it with. I don't like MOBA games but the only complaint I hear about Dota 2 is getting dipshits on your team.
3 Jun 2016, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What if I told you Dota 2 did not become the most popular game on valve because of genre, or because it was free? Its actually a really good game. Something COH2 is not. Balance has always had issues, commander system is flawed, 1v1 lost appeal ever since Western Blob Armies came out, original campaign and coop is very mediocre. Game breaking bugs sometimes take 2 months to get patched. Wakeup call, COH2 by yourself is a 5/10 multiplayer experience, and only becomes a 7/10 when you have friends to play it with. I don't like MOBA games but the only complaint I hear about Dota 2 is getting dipshits on your team.

It's still the successor of DOTA/WC3 and the "creator" of the genre which absorbed most of 90/00 RTS players. Despite the quality of the game, it has a bigger pool of people to fish from.

Even if CoH2 was the best RTS of all history, it would never draw too much players in comparison to other genres. The reality atm is that the majority of people prefer "fast food" like games, with immediate gratification/progression.
3 Jun 2016, 20:20 PM

It's still the successor of DOTA/WC3 and the "creator" of the genre which absorbed most of 90/00 RTS players. Despite the quality of the game, it has a bigger pool of people to fish from.

Even if CoH2 was the best RTS of all history, it would never draw too much players in comparison to other genres. The reality atm is that the majority of people prefer "fast food" like games, with immediate gratification/progression.

Pretty much this.

DoW2>CoH series in this regard with progression system(linear, grind based and gives only bisuals but army at 1lvl vs army at 50 level is over 9000 levels of awesome behind) and 15-20 min matches.

Most players are not patient, they expect quick games and instant gratification, something you will not find in RTS games.

Why do you think even Total war series tries to cater to that niche with TW:Arena?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★