Login

russian armor

[BRITISH][ALL] - EMPLACEMENTS TWEAKS

27 May 2016, 15:52 PM

another butthurt thread about emplacments great
27 May 2016, 15:55 PM

I play a fair bit of team games. Currently ranked around ~50 in 2v2s with axis. I have not found emplacements to be the problem some people make it out to be.

They are mostly a problem in larger team games 3v3 4v4 when combined with cancer commander and suitable map types. That being said it generally takes more effort/micro and risk to counter emplacements than it is to build and protect them. Which is why emplacements are often harder to counter for lower ranked players such as the OP's skill range (no offense)and why higher ranked players don't have as much issues with them.
27 May 2016, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 15:55 PMCrumbum

They are mostly a problem in larger team games 3v3 4v4 when combined with cancer commander and suitable map types. That being said it generally takes more effort/micro and risk to counter emplacements than it is to build and protect them. Which is why emplacements are often harder to counter for lower ranked players such as the OP's skill range (no offense)and why higher ranked players don't have as much issues with them.

The problem for me it's on 4vs4 maps as OKW because if they go bofors,mortar,they will bleed me so hard that if i want to make support guns and leave just 2 volks it's suicide because their IS squad are better vs volks even when they are outnumbered.As Ostheer I don't have big problems taking sim city down but that mortar auto firing accuracy should be tone down
27 May 2016, 17:20 PM

The problem for me it's on 4vs4 maps as OKW because if they go bofors,mortar,they will bleed me so hard that if i want to make support guns and leave just 2 volks it's suicide because their IS squad are better vs volks even when they are outnumbered.As Ostheer I don't have big problems taking sim city down but that mortar auto firing accuracy should be tone down

I agree the mortar pit accuracy could be toned down a little. For countering them in 4v4 I would recommend stukas, and if you have good fuel control get double stuka.
29 May 2016, 07:12 AM

You showed that you did not understand my post.

If you want to go Volks into Luchs all the time, each game and then your strat is stomped by Bofors, it's only your fault.

Please, i did understand the post. i just lold at the notion of directly assaulting a bofors with anything below a 150 fu t4 pz4.

maybe we should buff the bofors, as it cant kill king tigers. damn these germans
30 May 2016, 04:12 AM

Not a front line, with a cup of tea in one hand the mouse in the other pressing standfast and brace.

That's why the Brits are made that easy to play. So, like a true Brit, your tea time won't be bothered much.
30 May 2016, 06:58 AM

I play a fair bit of team games. Currently ranked around ~50 in 2v2s with axis. I have not found emplacements to be the problem some people make it out to be.
I disagree. I play in the same bracket. I experience them as a huge problem. A lot of 2vs2 maps are usually small enough that the counter battery can hit your artillery even close to the base (Moscow outskirts for example). They are also small enough that one Sim city can cover 2/3rd of the map (Semoiski, Road to Charkov). The micro toll for the Axis player is still heavy while the British player presses some buttons. There is no bleed until you finish the emplacement yet the Axis player bleeds heavily in the manpower compartment.
30 May 2016, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 11:41 AMLooney
Remove brace, give emplacements 2x the current amount of health :sibHyena:

1.5 would be fine as long as the dmg modifiers go :romeoHype: in fact, this is how it was at first.
I'd even say that whole brace existence is caused because axis whining that NOTHING under ANY circumstances should be able to one shot structures or squads, so brace was invented for that reason :sibHyena:
30 May 2016, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 07:16 AMKatitof

1.5 would be fine as long as the dmg modifiers go :romeoHype: in fact, this is how it was at first.
I'd even say that whole brace existence is caused because axis whining that NOTHING under ANY circumstances should be able to one shot structures or squads, so brace was invented for that reason :sibHyena:

or arty that could one shot things like that were nerfed, its more something like that :)
30 May 2016, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 07:16 AMKatitof

This started with OKW scavenge artillery, before UKF was even there

curiously enough it was a-ok with the Brit air superiority Kappa
30 May 2016, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 14:41 PMDomine

This started with OKW scavenge artillery, before UKF was even there

curiously enough it was a-ok with the Brit air superiority Kappa

There I was thinking it started with -insert USF arty of choice- against -insert OKW truck of choice here-.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★