Login

russian armor

[BRITISH][ALL] - EMPLACEMENTS TWEAKS

27 May 2016, 09:57 AM

Reduce bofors accuracy on retreating infantry,reduce bofors penetration and rof.Mortar shouldn't have auto fire such an insane accuracy and double mortar should fire a bit slower when auto firing.Reduce auto fire range,accuracy/increase scatter,reduce price to 300MP.Take bofors barrage ability and give it a button for AA/ground units mode.Brace on all emplacements should be possible when a british infantry it's garrisoned or when forward base it's near them.Also forward base aura shouldn't have an insane range to allow 4+ emplacements to have their brace possible(without garrisoned infantry).If British want early game brace,they should garrison the emplacements and in late game,their emplacements shouldn't be affected by this tweak.This tweak leave british emplacements strong in late game and make them easier to take down in early game.
TLTR:
-reduce mortar price(300MP)decrease auto fire range,accuracy/scatter,double mortar rof when auto firing reduced
-reduce bofors accuray onr etreating infantry,reduce penetration,rof,swap bofors barrage with AA/ground mode ability
-brace should be possible when garrisoned or near British forward base
-british forward base aura range for brace(without garrisoned infantry) shouldn't allow more than 4 emplacements to have brace without infantry garisoned
27 May 2016, 10:03 AM

Unlikely they will consider such extreme nerfs, i still stand that the root problem of emplacements is the unconditional free invincibility field, not the emplacements as such.

Make brace protect against explosives and arty, not against direct assaults, this would solve a shitload of problems.
27 May 2016, 10:06 AM

The mortar pits auto fire range isn't the problem, its auto fire range accuracy is the problem. I can't recount how many times I lost an entire grenadier sqaud because it was hit by the auto fire from the mortar pit.

It requires no micro, apart from the invincibility shield activation, and it's autofire is way too accurate and can wipe ostheer squads in a single hit, since most of the time the 2 shells land at exactly the same spot lol.
27 May 2016, 10:10 AM

-stand fast repair at a slower speed
Yes but in late game they will still have their invincible force fields,but at least now Axis can reach late game with a much more powerfull army
27 May 2016, 10:16 AM

but at least now Axis can reach late game with a much more powerfull army

You say it yourself, you consider Axis having a much more powerful army. Why do you want to nerf things, do you expect the game to be even easier for you?
27 May 2016, 10:46 AM

It needs different things than stats adjustements

One of the best ideas I've read was to make those units mobile with a hulldown ability which creates an emplacements that however can't be braced. That fixes all three problems: Lack of micro, artilerry rape and frustration when a well prepared effort to blow the emplacements up fails due to a single click on opponents side.
27 May 2016, 11:11 AM

Im not sure if emplacements need any nerf or buff. The bofor barrage is the only thing should be changed (or removed). Otherwise i think those are at the right position.
27 May 2016, 11:28 AM

-cannot brace while using standfast
-cannot use standfast while brace
-remove brace entirely but add HP
-make brace only 10 seconds long (to counter an original arty barrage or an attack but not both)
-decrease range of auto Fite
-decrease accuracy of autofire
-remove bofers barrage ability. I would add like an increase lethality ability at vet 1. Like explosive rounds or something

Mind you these are just ideas of mine, not saying all need to be implimented. Just some ideas...

If I could choose one thing tho. It would be to remove brace. Sim city should be a luxury support unit. Not a front line, with a cup of tea in one hand the mouse in the other pressing standfast and brace.
27 May 2016, 11:41 AM
Patrion 14

Remove brace, give emplacements 2x the current amount of health :sibHyena:
27 May 2016, 12:05 PM

Oh boy why start a new thread.

Rate of fire, barrage. That is what.

Fix;

- Accuracy against retreating units to 0
- Remove the barrage ability
- Reduce rate of fire
27 May 2016, 12:16 PM

Or maybe leave emplacements as they are and make the 'tutorial' button on the menu bigger.
27 May 2016, 12:21 PM

Or maybe leave emplacements as they are and make the 'tutorial' button on the menu bigger.

Damn dude bring some ice with you next time.
27 May 2016, 12:58 PM

Bofors should be very long building but cant be destory after that.

Allows to one play build 3 only (for each VP)
27 May 2016, 13:09 PM

In 1v1 I'm more afraid of a competent Brits player who does not use emplacements and almost not afraid of emplacements spammer.

In 2v2 you can take down any emplacement at any time. All you need is good coodrination between you and your teammate + proper strat. If you make 4 Volks and then Luchs, you can't whine that emplacements are killing you.
27 May 2016, 14:11 PM

If you make 4 Volks and then Luchs, you can't whine that emplacements are killing you.

Volks and luchs vs bofors...

kek.
27 May 2016, 14:26 PM

Make it so Bofors can't shoot for ~10-15 seconds after brace has wore off. If the enemy was able to drive you back with the rest of their army it won't make a difference but if you're still there, it'll leave a Chance for a flamer or Pgren to finish it off without having to insta retreat or get wiped.
27 May 2016, 14:36 PM

Volks and luchs vs bofors...

kek.

You showed that you did not understand my post.

If you want to go Volks into Luchs all the time, each game and then your strat is stomped by Bofors, it's only your fault.
27 May 2016, 14:45 PM

Nice way to be a dick bro. You don't even play team games very often so you aren't exactly in a position to comment on emplacements which are a problem in team games primarily rather than 1v1s.
27 May 2016, 14:45 PM

You showed that you did not understand my post.

If you want to go Volks into Luchs all the time, each game and then your strat is stomped by Bofors, it's only your fault.

Can i see your replay against equal players with advanced cancer commander 2v2?
27 May 2016, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 14:45 PMCrumbum

Nice way to be a dick bro. You don't even play team games very often so you aren't exactly in a position to comment on emplacements which are a problem in team games primarily rather than 1v1s.

I play a fair bit of team games. Currently ranked around ~50 in 2v2s with axis. I have not found emplacements to be the problem some people make it out to be.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight