Does this issue bother you?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
7%
75%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 May 2016, 17:55 PM

I think it's kinda dumb that vehicles get out of control even if they die while standing still. It just looks so weird when a fully stopped vehicle magically starts charging forward because of the "out of control" effect. It's even worse when a vehicle is reversing and is affected by it - it instantly goes from reversing to speeding forward.

It's a small thing but it kinda ruins the immersion. Wouldn't it be a rather easy thing to fix? Lelic, pls?
24 May 2016, 17:57 PM

Where is the "no" option in the pool?
24 May 2016, 18:00 PM

Make a real poll if you want input.
24 May 2016, 18:03 PM

24 May 2016, 18:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

added....an unbiased no option

*sorry that "no" is in lower case, I hope that doesnt sway the results.
24 May 2016, 18:15 PM

*sorry that "no" is in lower case, I hope that doesnt sway the results.

OCD just made me explode into a thousand little bits.

Nah, just kidding. I actually went out of control ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
24 May 2016, 18:30 PM

Aestics aside I think its a nice bit of RNG, always love it when an out of control tank gets that last killing shot in or randomly crushes
24 May 2016, 18:33 PM

I think it's fine. Nothing is more satisfying than having your T34/76 go out of control, circle a KT at full speed and getting the killing shot on his rear armor.
24 May 2016, 18:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Well if we want to remove losing tanks to tanks that should have died, just make the out of control critical disable weapons, but that's the only thing I would ever touch about that critical.

I love tanks going out of control before they explode. Even funnier if they strike a utility pole and explode :D
24 May 2016, 18:38 PM

My favourite part about this mechanic is when my ambulance gets out of control and starts running over my own damn troops. I hope it this never goes away :D
24 May 2016, 19:01 PM

Maybe?

It would be nice if the out of control crit actually applied realistically (not moving = not moving, reverse = reverse when crit, etc.). However, it's not really a big enough issue to warrant a fix, and in terms of gameplay, it's not really reproducible enough to be usable (you can't somehow exploit that it only goes forward).
24 May 2016, 19:04 PM

It is one of those funny CoH2 moments. It is fucking hilarious when it happens to T70.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
24 May 2016, 19:21 PM

I always thought the same thing, that this is not realistic. But then it came to me. The tank stands still or moving backwards and the driver gets killed, his body falls on top of the controls of the tank (the throttle is a lever) and that's why the tank gets to go forward at full speed.
That could happen in real life!
24 May 2016, 20:00 PM

I always thought the same thing, that this is not realistic. But then it came to me. The tank stands still or moving backwards and the driver gets killed, his body falls on top of the controls of the tank (the throttle is a lever) and that's why the tank gets to go forward at full speed.

So Indiana Jones and the last crusade? (Tank was still moving...but still the driver fell over on the lever!)
24 May 2016, 20:40 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If you want to get into some real wizard shit, disable it when the vehicle is reversing and when it hits the rear. That way it can only move forward in a scenario where the driver falls forward on the controls!
24 May 2016, 21:42 PM

I think it will be a fun troll for the out of control tank to run over infantry (both friendly & enemy).
24 May 2016, 21:48 PM

I think it will be a fun troll for the out of control tank to run over infantry (both friendly & enemy).

+1 on this.

@OP, sorry but it seems you are alone in this one
24 May 2016, 22:23 PM

Jesus fucking christ, did people even read my original post? I'm ok with the crit being there but it works fishy on vehicles that are standing still or moving backwards.

Yeah, but don't tanks have gears? If a tank is going backwards it's in reverse mode, so if the driver pushes the lever with his corpse it should still keep going back.
24 May 2016, 23:28 PM

out of all the things you could have complained about you picked this lol
24 May 2016, 23:46 PM

Had an ai as a teamate and saw it's tank go out of control, but a nearby VC repairs it and it stops going out of control can anyone confirm this?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★