Login

russian armor

(May Balance) Self-healing Mine Detectors

21 May 2016, 18:38 PM

With mines now being non-lethal to full health infantry,are Self-healing squads now effectively mine sweepers? If I have some vetted volks, why not just walk them around and then leave them to heal for a few seconds to sweep up mines? Or tommies with med kits. The sweeper costs the same as the Brit healing but is only good for mine sweeping, whereas the med kit has other uses.

My friend was doing this in a custom game (walking Volks around to clear up mines) and it seemed to be a viable way to deal with mines
21 May 2016, 18:42 PM
Donator 11

Apart from the fact that healing is too slow to make it viable and that tellers and riegels don't pop on infantry you are right.
21 May 2016, 18:54 PM

But it might still be faster than waiting for a sweeper to arrive or building a new one if you lost your sweeper.
21 May 2016, 21:03 PM
Patrion 14

leave them to heal for a few seconds to sweep up mines?
Does Volk veterancy really heal so fast for this to be viable?
21 May 2016, 21:37 PM

Works well. Right up until you use them as sweepers, have them really low on health and get wiped on retreat by a mobile unit.
21 May 2016, 22:26 PM

Face sweeping was a perfectly fine tactic in coh1. What is your point?
21 May 2016, 22:33 PM

Does Volk veterancy really heal so fast for this to be viable?

That's what I'm curious about, I've seen it kinda work once. Any one else tried this? Im not arguing it works, just curious if it does.

My point is that some infantry are self-healing and I'm curious how the nerf mines will play out with that, especially with medkit tommies. I'm wondering if that will have unintended effects like increasing the strength of units like Volks and tommies, or making sweepers less cost effective.
21 May 2016, 23:36 PM

Eh, I think its a non-issue. It only really matters if its a mine triggers waaaay far away and you have no units nearby to respond - most of the time your mining areas to guard your flanks or key points anyway so most times the squad isn't going to have time to fully heal.

Keep in mind that mines are still lethal to damaged models too - any model that is below 90% health can die.
22 May 2016, 01:01 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Face sweeping was a perfectly fine tactic in coh1. What is your point?

I think the point is that it's just a little silly.
22 May 2016, 02:07 AM

Retreating over mines is still a thing if you're desperate. I don't think this changes too too much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★