Login

russian armor

Rogers "Veteran caster" about gaming industry.The truth!

19 May 2016, 19:31 PM

Rogers and his friend M3atshank made this videos about the "rip off" that is taking place the last years in the gaming industry. They speak the truth, so i thought i should try to make more people watch this. The more people hear and know about this, the more we can change for the future of our beloved hobby :).
Don't believe anything the big companies (E.A., ACTIVISION, UBISOFT, SEGA and so on) tell you!

Thanks again to Rogers and M3atshank for doing this videos and allowing me to post them here.

Mods, i thought i put this in the Lobby so more people can watch this. If you think that was not the right call, feel free to move the thread.

P.S. In one of the videos they talk about COH and COH2

19 May 2016, 20:21 PM

I think I recently saw the first video in my feed but didn't really bother with it since I didn't know what it was about, I'll definitely check it out now tho, thanks. And yeah, they can't escape mentioning CoH and CoH 2, arguably one of the at least, more popular WW2 RTS franchises out there along with Men of War for example, can't say CoH did much wrong even, I can still remember Rogers and Pounder's shoutcasts of the game, as well as KrebsCOHO.
21 May 2016, 11:25 AM

Bump, just finished watching the last video right now, OP, please update the topic with the latest video(s) they upload for future reference, maybe someone from Relic might see it and get their heads out of their asses for DoW III, by the god emperor I hope that game isn't another CoH 2.
21 May 2016, 12:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Bump, just finished watching the last video right now, OP, please update the topic with the latest video(s) they upload for future reference, maybe someone from Relic might see it and get their heads out of their asses for DoW III, by the god emperor I hope that game isn't another CoH 2.

yeah because milking cows is not fun right and milk ($) tastes bad LUL
21 May 2016, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

Sam is a fucking legend
21 May 2016, 13:06 PM

FPS genre isn't in a bad spot, Doom just came out with one of the best campaigns ever made. Overwatch is about to come out with some fresh multiplayer gameplay. Although it was posted on april 20th I guess.

Don't have time to listen to an hour podcast, but the usual talk about today's dlc and pre-order practices being the cancer of the industry, judging by the cliff notes? Nothing new, most non main-stream gamers agree. But the majority don't care
21 May 2016, 16:49 PM

But the majority don't care

And that's the biggest problem of our time. Not only for this topic.
People became like sheep and take everything without questioning.
21 May 2016, 21:37 PM

And that's the biggest problem of our time. Not only for this topic.
People became like sheep and take everything without questioning.

Here here.
27 May 2016, 12:09 PM

New episode, the good side (good games).

27 May 2016, 12:45 PM

I've watched / listened to a few of these casts while driving. They make some good points, but I think they often get a little repetitive and the comments don't bring much new perceptions / ideas to anyone who makes a passing look on forums. I'd definitively recomend watching to a casual.
27 May 2016, 15:08 PM

Meh.

It basically boils down to him repeating how bad DLCs and preorders are for the overall quality of the game and segmentation of game populations and how no one should buy them. How the same game keeps coming out over and over and console gamers gobble it up so there's no incentive for innovation.

But he got BF4 and all the DLC and that's alright cause he played it for over 600hrs. GTFO.

Really he's just another angry middle aged gamer, quick to condemn the industry practices he simultaneously supports.
27 May 2016, 15:12 PM

TL;DR

DLC that impact the way someone plays the game kills any chance of competitive play in the long run and accelerates how fast it dies.
27 May 2016, 19:21 PM

Meh.

It basically boils down to him repeating how bad DLCs and preorders are for the overall quality of the game and segmentation of game populations and how no one should buy them. How the same game keeps coming out over and over and console gamers gobble it up so there's no incentive for innovation.

But he got BF4 and all the DLC and that's alright cause he played it for over 600hrs. GTFO.

Really he's just another angry middle aged gamer, quick to condemn the industry practices he simultaneously supports.

If this is what you take from this videos, oh man.
He said that he learned from his mistakes but why am i even bother writing to you.
Meh, you know which animal sound like that, the sheep (like most of the gamers today, that give their (and their parents) money for nothing. Keep it up man, let E.A. and Co. get richer.
27 May 2016, 19:36 PM

There isnt really anything wrong with $60 worth of DLC for extra guns and maps. The problem is preordering to beta test their game for them and the fact that you can't connect to servers that use certain maps even when its on maps that you own. $120 for a game that you get 100+ hours out of is a good deal.
27 May 2016, 22:21 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with paying a lot of money for a game you enjoy. But I don't place much value in hearing some guy rant about how games are broken up in many expensive pieces these days. Or how the same game keeps coming out year after year with small cosmetic changes, jetpacks and bugs.

I already know that. So to me, his commentary falls flat.

Here, I'm going to be constructive and suggest more in-depth topics for future videos:

-Explore the cost of video games over time while taking inflation into account.
-Explore the cost of game development over time, consumer buying power, consumer pool size.
-How is it that people are willing to pay 120$ or more for a shallow game like SW Battlefront and play it for 10 hours? If the monetary value of entertainment is not the same for everyone, how much can it vary?
-What percent of consumers buy games they never even play? Are there any scientific studies on the topic (or related) exploring their motivations? (Hell, I know I'm guilty of this one)
-Paying upfront for a game is often viewed as dishonest because expectations rarely match reality. So what would a fairer system look like? A subscription service? A few exist, are they getting traction?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★