Login

russian armor

Things that ruin team games, but don't affect 1v1

20 May 2016, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 14:36 PMGdot

This is very well described. If you are playing a team who is well coordinated, these abilities can have a YUGE impact on the game, enough to swing it in a different direction. When these abilities are called multiple times and spread out properly you can basically cover half the map, making impossible to avoid, even in your base. If Relic limits air abilities per team to one at a time, it will greatly alleviate the impact these abilities have in team games. Ex: if p47s are in the air, typhoon fighters must wait till the p47 run is finished.

Just build OKW flak half-track, which is best AA vehicle in the game, you noob.

Allied airstrikes was never a problem.
20 May 2016, 20:29 PM

Resource scaling from caches should just be divided by the amount of players in game. Generates the same resources per second as it does 1v1 it just has more people to give them to.

AA for OKW is cheap and plentiful. Im pretty sure the 222 is also still a ridiculously solid AA platform.

Multiple Bofos/mortar pits are set it and forget it emplacements that are extremely cost efficient in both resources and micro.

Nearly all the 4v4 maps are too narrow and encourage people to just blob the center as best they can. Even the 2v2 map pool is less than exciting.

The game breaks down when you have 4 mg42's on the field at the same specific second. Because there are few areas of control you get to throw a bunch of MG's into them. This goes with having maxims move in packs/etc too where it is too easy to simply lock down specific areas from all infantry early in the game.

The game breaks down when you can have your medium armour alpha-striked by things absent mindedly, there is no flanking in most cases because there is no room to move. Light armour is even worse off.

There is alot of stuff that doesn't work purely because of the map layouts, I think changing the way maps are made/laid out will be the biggest net- gain for team games. Changing just the maps would negate the balance issues that come about for the 1v1 players as well since it doesnt effect them at all.

So I think the question is, what would a good 4player map look like? I Know ALOT of 4v4 only players tend to like maps that look exactly like the worst Starcraft BGH style maps you've ever seen. I know very little about map making practicality.

20 May 2016, 22:03 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet:

and I'm a 3v3/4v4 scrub before anyone asks XD
21 May 2016, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 22:03 PMGrim

why do i have to think about random OKW players? hmmm :faint:
21 May 2016, 07:58 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Nice, I agree.
21 May 2016, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

That is also an option. I can see something for both.

RE: frp's

Perhaps what could work is that forward retreat only works for 1 squad at a time. i.e. if you retreat a blob only 1 unit (the one with most health say) will goto the frp and the rest to base. It will not reset until that squad has reached the frp.

This would probably be a bit hard to code but would promote careful use of the frp and not affect non-blobbing play and would reward aggressive pushes against frp player where several of their units are imperilled at the same time.
21 May 2016, 13:59 PM

why do i have to think about random OKW players? hmmm :faint:

Nope. Hands down the worst random teammates are UKF it seems...

Last game we had a 3v3 and got the enemy down to 30 VPs. Then my two UKF teammates just seems to lose the plot and spammed centaurs......vs panthers. They then sent every unit they built in a straight line towards the enemy base ONE.AT.A.TIME.
21 May 2016, 14:13 PM

Those Gentlemen fond of tea tend to rustle my jimmies
22 May 2016, 09:59 AM

The only thing I like about OKW forward retreat is eventually I will catch the mass retreat of Sturm Officer / Panzerfusilier / Volks Shrek blob clumped around the Battlegroup HQ with a Calliope.

Of course, it gets kind of old choosing Tactical Support every game. But gotta have something to punish the blobs as USF...

The day forward retreat is removed and/or some intern at Relic decides to code in ballooning Received Accuracy for infantry when too many friendly units clump together will be a great day for COH2 indeed.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 12:12 PMGrim

especially if it catches USF armour it can be game ruining.

24 May 2016, 01:41 AM

I have to say the MAPS play the BIGGEST role in team game imbalance. I will love to see asymmetrical maps for large game modes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★