Login

russian armor

Petition for my 60 bucks back

13 Jul 2013, 19:19 PM

There are a shit tonne of problems with this game right now that make me regret buying it.

The networking(We've been using P2P for well over a decade, and we please move on to dedicated servers?)

The pathing

The auto-cover system

The pathing

The clunkiness of set up teams

The pathing

The poor balance

The pathing

The gimmicky Blizzard mechanic

The pathing

No leaderboard on release, despite it being advertised on Steam

The pathing

The pathing

Did I forget to mention the pathing?

I found a review on metacritic(Yeah I know) that summarized many of the problems I see with CoH2(Though the 3/10 was a bit too low).

http://www.metacritic.com/user/selsayed

That said, the game is still fun to play. It can give you loads of intense action, and despite its issues it's still nothing less than I expected. It's quality is one typical of a Relic game. And it's still in its infancy.
13 Jul 2013, 19:21 PM

Starcraft wasn't even interesting for competitive 1v1 until Broodwar, baby it's ALL GOOD.
13 Jul 2013, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 19:16 PMMugen
These entitlement posts are so funny. I remember when you would buy a game cartridge and there was no such thing as post-launch support. If you didn't like the game, there were no forums in which you could whine about it, and there were no Gameshops to trade it in. Also, I've dumped plenty of quarters into crap arcade cabinets. Either you enjoy the developers' vision and rulesets or you don't. I have countless games I won't finish or that I have tossed aside but I initially bought most games because I was interested in the product or premise. If a game failed my inner child's ADD, at least there was the hope that my money would help the company develop an improved sequel.

These days, I love when developers want to support their games and even offer additional content and patchwork. But with this entitlement attitude, you seem to imply that if you don't enjoy the entire game, the developing company should just fail and hand back everyone their precious monies. Please don't encourage the lemmings.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not attempting to troll you personally and I can sympathise with much of your thoughtful post, but I get depressed reading all of these defamatory and slanderous Headers and Posts. It only adds more fuel to the unfounded flamers out there.

If you want your money back, go work a few hours and earn it back. Regard your 60 as a small personal loss, yet a contribution to the community in good faith that the company will only improve. Instead think of all the money lost to the shit you put in your mouth. I don't get a picket sign out and demand McDonlds give me a refund every time my freedom fries are cold or I get the dire runs. I simply stop giving them more money and on the plus I stay regular. c'est la vie!

I don't know if it is a sense of entitlement vs. a sense of knowing how good CoH1 was and we expected more from a newer product. They stated the vehicle pathing would be better yet it clearly isn't.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash it, I pretty much play everyday. I just expected better product. I just hope they fix it soon before too many people are turned off.
13 Jul 2013, 19:30 PM

These entitlement posts are so funny. I remember when you would buy a game cartridge and there was no such thing as post-launch support. If you didn't like the game, there were no forums in which you could whine about it, and there were no Gameshops to trade it in. Also, I've dumped plenty of quarters into crap arcade cabinets. Either you enjoy the developers' vision and rulesets or you don't. I have countless games I won't finish or that I have tossed aside but I initially bought most games because I was interested in the product or premise. If a game failed my inner child's ADD, at least there was the hope that my money would help the company develop an improved sequel.

These days, I love when developers want to support their games and even offer additional content and patchwork. But with this entitlement attitude, you seem to imply that if you don't enjoy the entire game, the developing company should just fail and hand back everyone their precious monies. Please don't encourage the lemmings.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not attempting to troll you personally and I can sympathise with much of your thoughtful post, but I get depressed reading all of these defamatory and slanderous Headers and Posts. It only adds more fuel to the unfounded flamers out there.

If you want your money back, go work a few hours and earn it back. Regard your 60 as a small personal loss, yet a contribution to the community in good faith that the company will only improve. Instead think of all the money lost to the shit you put in your mouth. I don't get a picket sign out and demand McDonlds give me a refund every time my freedom fries are cold or I get the dire runs. I simply stop giving them more money and on the plus I stay regular. c'est la vie!

That's a cute statement about your internal politics, and I'm sure you had a nice time memorializing playing at the arcade. I did as well. Fortunately, or unfortunately for you I should say, this isn't the 1990's anymore. They're not coming back. Companies should be held more accountable for putting out half-assed crap. That's part of my reasoning. Every day Relic leaves this game in this state, there are more people like me who really have found that they do not enjoy this game and will eventually uninstall - moving on to another game. And yes, I bought the game initially because I wanted to support one of my favorite games of all time in VCoH in the hopes that a sequel would be better than the original. It looks like I made a bad investment at this moment but investors have a say in the direction of a company. Do I expect to get my money back? No...I never did. Like I said, it's a title that's supposed to grab you. Do I wish I wouldn't have purchased the game and would encourage others who haven't played it yet to not purchase it until the game is fully worth it's price? Yes. Is this something I feel as a consumer that the producer should be held to? Yes.

As far as "entitlements" I don't know what you're referring to. I'm not claiming I shouldn't work and be paid a fee of money to just exist or be given comprehensive health insurance just because. I'm asking for accountability on the part of the company that produced a product I purchased. Like I said, video games have evolved to one of the only forms of media that are dynamic enough to change for the better or worse. There is the ability for a company to make up for its mistakes. I'm simply asking that this particular company do so in some fashion that warrants its purchase price.
13 Jul 2013, 19:33 PM

These entitlement posts are so funny....

Hey - if it was FREE - then by all means I'd agree with you.

But its NOT.

People paid LARGE SUMS OF MONEY (relative to other games at least) for this - hence they ARE ENTITLED.

It's ignorant types that think dev's do this work and we consumers should be GRATEFUL that they're even willing to TAKE our lowly cash for their hard work.

Wake up mate.
13 Jul 2013, 19:48 PM

I don't understand why gaming communities put developers up on a pedestal. It's like they're afraid if they start holding them accountable the development team stops making a good game.

Look, I like the Relic team, they're cool guys and they have interesting ideas, but I wouldn't hesitate to give serious criticism about anything they do that I don't like. As a consumer who paid a significant sum of money for this product, it's my entitlement to complain about the service to those who I've paid - my service providers.

Developers aren't gods, they're not people to place on a pedestal. They're simply people doing their jobs and they are capable of mistakes.
13 Jul 2013, 19:48 PM

love coh2. balance is almost there (munition cost evened, and give some looks in t3 for soviets and i'm good), pathing is being looked at all the time.

the blizzard makes the game slow down and requires players to think ahead with their tactics. am i near a fire? can i push with what i have? my units that retreated earlier are going to take awhile to get here so can i hold with what i have?. should i use my HT to scout and cap points? tank rush? my visibility is smaller but so is my opponent's meaning flanking is very effective right now.

the problem with blizzard is the fps, which they are working on. (if you guys have low fps, try using steam launch option -dx9 to help. gave me about 10 more fps on average).

if you really want to return it and get $60 back, that's cool. if you guys love vcoh so much more than this game, that's cool. see i dont give a **** about what you guys think other than the fact i'm worried the devs will think they made a bad game simply because everyone wants the original coh style/units/game in almost every way and they didnt do that.

13 Jul 2013, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Sorry, but since you are leaving, I don't care.

If this post had been formulated as a suggestion/balance/technical thread, then fine, I would have worked with it.

But since its a declaration of leaving, I have nothing to add.
13 Jul 2013, 19:58 PM

love coh2. balance is almost there (munition cost evened, and give some looks in t3 for soviets and i'm good), pathing is being looked at all the time.

the blizzard makes the game slow down and requires players to think ahead with their tactics. am i near a fire? can i push with what i have? my units that retreated earlier are going to take awhile to get here so can i hold with what i have?. should i use my HT to scout and cap points? tank rush? my visibility is smaller but so is my opponent's meaning flanking is very effective right now.

the problem with blizzard is the fps, which they are working on. (if you guys have low fps, try using steam launch option -dx9 to help. gave me about 10 more fps on average).

if you really want to return it and get $60 back, that's cool. if you guys love vcoh so much more than this game, that's cool. see i dont give a **** about what you guys think other than the fact i'm worried the devs will think they made a bad game simply because everyone wants the original coh style/units/game in almost every way and they didnt do that.

If you could have EITHER:

- COH 2

Or

- COH 1 on working servers and removal of hacks etc.

Which would you take?

I seriously know I'd be willing to pay $ to have option 2.
13 Jul 2013, 20:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

im afraid the OP doesn't understand how the real world works.
13 Jul 2013, 20:22 PM

If you could have EITHER:

- COH 2

Or

- COH 1 on working servers and removal of hacks etc.

Which would you take?

I seriously know I'd be willing to pay $ to have option 2.

coh 2. no joke. vcoh was a fun game and i enjoyed it. but i hated the economy system in it. it was horrible for anyone not an elitist. there is a reason so many players did comp stomps in vcoh. vcoh also gave the feeling there's only one right way to play (coh2 has some of this still, but each patch is slowly getting rid of this). not saying that there was only one way to play, but because of the doctrine wars and meta game, it felt very limited in actual options for players
13 Jul 2013, 20:28 PM

coh 2. no joke. vcoh was a fun game and i enjoyed it. but i hated the economy system in it. it was horrible for anyone not an elitist. there is a reason so many players did comp stomps in vcoh. vcoh also gave the feeling there's only one right way to play (coh2 has some of this still, but each patch is slowly getting rid of this). not saying that there was only one way to play, but because of the doctrine wars and meta game, it felt very limited in actual options for players

Well more power to you I guess.

Though your point of feeling that COH only had "one way to play" I think is the complete opposite of my COH experience and probably why I feel so short changed with COH 2 as in COH gave you loads of ways to play based on which Doctrine you decided on - I never felt boxed in to a particular style of play at all.

Still - so long as you're having fun that's all that matters at the end of the day.

As far as the OP goes - his money - like a virginity on prom night - is long gone and is never coming back - sorry to say it mate.
13 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

Although I share quite a lot of the disappointment of the OP, I don't think it is already time to "give up". The game has a lot of good basic approachments, however, there is still a lack of a balanced meta. I don't think the game is unbalanced, actually, just that there is a lack of variety in the meta, becaues faction design kind of limits, atm.
13 Jul 2013, 20:52 PM

...and this game doesn't have more limits?
13 Jul 2013, 20:59 PM

EF mod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COH 2 now sigh
13 Jul 2013, 21:14 PM

if i want to skip to t2 i can. if i want to mass conscripts i can. doctrines are more flavor and soft strategy changes rather than revolutionary changes to play like original.

i'll admit it's hard to explain why, but i never feel like I HAVE to tech/play a certain way. coh2 does not take one mistake and murder you for it. vcoh amer vs pe, if pe went TD, you'd be mad not to fully upgrade supply yard and go airborne.

let's take russians (since i think most people think russians are the most tech locked):
t0: you have engs with demos (buildings/bridges) and conscripts (soft AT & aoe dot molotov)

now i can go t1 for a fast aggressive play with m3's, penal attack squads, and snipers. this focuses on map control and attacking. yet i could play defensive with m3 flanking my opponents attacks while i use buildings, mines, and barb wire to hold.

t2 asks for more static play with mortars, maxims, and at guns. you get more firepower out of this tech but with a higher fuel cost meaning later tanks. at guns are good against vehicles and have arty for ai. but even this tech can be used for attacking as maxim spammers have shown us.

t3 (one area i'd like to see tweaked because of t-34) you can use HT which is just as useful for staying power of inf as the german HT. it doesnt get a flame upgrade, but does get quads which make it a moving suppression with good damage. t-70...do i even have to explain this one?...t-34 has ram disabling powerful german armor and decent AT and good AI (would like to see munitions upgrade for this tank making it a more powerful AT tank).

t4 has awesome tank destroyer, a rocket arty, and seige unit that gives you a mini arty with decent ai standard fire for a cheap fuel cost and no ammo cost.

i know this is wordy as hell, but the point is I can pick and use whatever i want and there may be "better" ways to use each tech, but there's usually only one wrong way to use any particular unit in the game (i.e. sprinting your sniper right next to a gren). this is all without even a commander in play to supplement the play style you want to use. vcoh said if you pick this tech or this doctrine, you must play this way or an equally skilled opponent will destroy you. hope i made so sense, this is very general
13 Jul 2013, 21:29 PM

COH2 has too much "I fucked up, nvm, get this then I will be okay" stuff, especially Soviet

Too casual friendly, too forgivable
13 Jul 2013, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMTrainzz
Although I share quite a lot of the disappointment of the OP, I don't think it is already time to "give up". The game has a lot of good basic approachments, however, there is still a lack of a balanced meta. I don't think the game is unbalanced, actually, just that there is a lack of variety in the meta, becaues faction design kind of limits, atm.

Pretty much this. After getting over the initial disappointment and after the last patch, there's definitely a lot of promise in this game once the issues, both technical and balance, are worked out.
13 Jul 2013, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 21:29 PMPorygon
COH2 has too much "I fucked up, nvm, get this then I will be okay" stuff, especially Soviet

Too casual friendly, too forgivable

compared to vcoh, yes. you're making the assumption that making it more forgivable is a bad thing (course i'm making the assumption that forgivable is a good thing)...this discussion will never end
13 Jul 2013, 21:37 PM

compared to vcoh, yes. you're making the assumption that making it more forgivable is a bad thing (course i'm making the assumption that forgivable is a good thing)...this discussion will never end

then tell me, why you fucked up but not deserved to lose?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★