Login

russian armor

Petition for my 60 bucks back

15 Jul 2013, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2013, 06:46 AMTheDGN

Wow man, you can't be that obtuse as to miss the point of the post. He doesn't want his money back. He wants the game to freaking work. And even if the thread title were serious and not an attention grabbing gimmic meant to draw you into the thread (which it is, and btw also successfully got you to open the thread) he'd be asking for his money not because the game isn't to his taste, but because it's a facsimile of what it should be considering its being sold and advertised as a SEQUEL to COH 1 and yet doesn't have MANY of the features that came standard in that game such as ranked ladders, chat room, custom games, and random faction choice. On top of that he makes the point that the game doesn't even work properly in that p2p is flawed and constantly misses connections or arranges games with laggy results and the graphics slow and performance hitches. On top of all that it isn't balanced.

Pretty much this.
15 Jul 2013, 08:56 AM

I see threads like this and really wonder what goes through some people's heads. I've played CoH on and off from way back to the original beta and I can remember the original being far from a perfect game on release and also being broken again with the release of both OF and ToV in later years as well (as stated by other replies). So somebody complaining about balance this early on is jumping the gun. Be patient, yeah a couple of features are missing that we expected (leaderboards) but Relic have responded elsewhere and they will come. They supported the original for years and years, I can't see it being any different with this. The performance isn't as good as it should be but I think the issue is related to video drivers and the replays of each game being recorded in the background for each played game (or from what I have read), so I expect performance to get better. Also as other replies have said use this time to have fun, test different things and guess what? Ultimately there is far more important things in life than bitching about a game when you lose.

For all those players who wanted CoH with Soviets, it was never going to happen, they would have been slated for releasing a glorified expansion pack otherwise. They needed to try and make improvements and mix up the gameplay a bit. I personally think this will be a better game, it might take patches and updates but it will get there because both the community and developers care and that's the important thing. Personally the thing I enjoy most about CoH 2 so far is the fact that it seems to encourage proper combined arms play and the games feel faster and more intense.

Also I'm interested, this game cost you 60 dollars to buy? Seems a bit steep, it's only £25-£30 in the UK.
15 Jul 2013, 09:18 AM

COH was released in 2006. Why should the sequel have significantly less when released in 2013?
Also I'm interested, this game cost you 60 dollars to buy? Seems a bit steep, it's only £25-£30 in the UK.

$60/40quid/80USD in australia was the official steam price on release.
15 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2013, 09:18 AMalexctd
COH was released in 2006. Why should the sequel have significantly less when released in 2013?

Unfortunately, a sequel is just a sequel if you insert any kind of progression to the title. It has less to do with the content, sadly (take for instance, a game like the new fps Xcom coming out. It has absolutely nothing to do with the old xcoms, the only real bridge is that there's aliens.)

I agree that there are very disappointing elements in the game, no doubt, but saying you waited since 2006 for the sequel doesn't mean they've been working since 2006 on the sequel. Its a company, and it has a lot of other stuff besides making a sequel.

That's no excuse, by any means, but it does put things in perspective (at least for me). As for who spent their $60 bucks on a game they like or don't like: Spend your money any way you want, its yours :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★