Login

russian armor

Getting Some Mentoring

13 Jul 2013, 14:17 PM

Hey guys,

So I played COH1 ladder quite a bit until 2009 when I just stopped playing Company of Heroes indefinitely. I've picked up CoH 2 in hopes of giving it another go, but as of now I've finally hit the ceiling in case of games.

The majority of the time I'll win one to two matches and then go on a losing streak. Would anyone here be able to give me a fair bit of mentoring to help me brush up on my Ostheer play?

I'm having a good amount of trouble dealing with SU-85's and holding my fuel in certain maps such as Moscow Outskirts and Kolodny Ferma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Alecino101
13 Jul 2013, 15:24 PM

My best advice is to listen to veterans , experts and those who rly know their bussines (hope some post reply here)... other is to watch streams and analyze replays. Ostheer require combined arms and require much attention cuz squads can be lost easly (4 man squad) due to molotovs, Hit the dirt, nades etc.
Best way to deal with SU-85 imo is to upgrade panzer grenadiers with shrecks, make PAK, and try to flank that SU-85 with panzer4 using blitzkrieg(vet 1 ability) or smoke canister (commander ability, 1CP).

-If you are really certan that there iss one SU-85 and u have blitz with your panzer4 you can easly outflank him (if there are no guards around to button you) just micro around and try to block his reverse by driving right behind him
-If there are 2 SU-85 best way is combined panzer grenadiers+Shrecks and pak with ofc some help from panzer4 if u have one (but SU-85 wont hurt ur panzergrenadiers that much)
Also teller mine is really good , u can either plant it on brigdes, crossroads or u can predict where enemy tank will roll out when he comes to fronline, also u can lure him in by going reverse and soviet will probably try to chase down ur panzer4 with SU-85(cuz greater range +sight ability) and after he detonates that awesome mine u can roll in and get him
Be sure to use panzerfaust on SU-85 it will cripple his mobility and then flank with panzer4 but try to come from his side (avoid going straight to his face hopping u will flank in time )If u see early in game that soviet are going SU-85s , if u have 1-2 tank dont make anymore since fighting fire with fire is not recommended

Considering the fuel handling , u can make extra mg42 for holding it
Upgrading your grenadier team with LMG is also viable due to its high dmg...
I tend to make halftrack ,if u upgrade flamer its great for protecting ur fuel and territory with it but be careful from guards and AT nades (dont rly rambo , but try to keep firing distance and reverse if u see him charging for ur hf)
Or if halftrack is not upgraded u can always pick up grenadiers or panzer grenadiers and bring them to wanted fuel point while halftrack supports with mg while reinforcing lost troops, should take care of it
If enemy defends with maxim, AT guns and snipers, make mortar or even better mortar halftrack (much more mobility and nice incendiary ability)
Try to always keep an eye for that fuel, and if u see opportunity and are having extra infantry squad go decap enemy fuel point or cut off strategic point connecting his fuel to base
Another hopefully helpful tip is to predict from where your enemy will come and with what troops (guess by time of game, analying how much troops he could have made , guess his overall fuel income for enemy vehicles and etc.)

U didnt play CoH for couple of years and it usually it takes some time getting in shape , and also transition from CoH to CoH2 takes getting used to
So keep practicing, dont forget to watch streams and replays and visiting forums for updating your strategy and picking few new ones!!
Cheers
15 Jul 2013, 21:52 PM

if you are interested i can become your mentor, or at least teach you some tricks, tactics, you can also watch my stream.
16 Jul 2013, 02:55 AM

Play German at first in team games. After you get bored of winning all the time switch to 1v1. It gets a little harder, but not much. Just keep your stuff together try to pick of lone squads.

Ostheer is like a really much better balanced PE.

17 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM

if you are interested i can become your mentor, or at least teach you some tricks, tactics, you can also watch my stream.

Definitely Barton, I've watched the odd stream or two of yours so I'd be happy to learn. I've just recently signed up for the Mentoring program as well. Thanks for the assistance, really appreciate it!
6 Aug 2013, 01:13 AM

Definitely Barton, I've watched the odd stream or two of yours so I'd be happy to learn. I've just recently signed up for the Mentoring program as well. Thanks for the assistance, really appreciate it!

What is this mentoring program you speak of? Where do I sign up for that?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★