Login

russian armor

"Combined arms" from Heavy Cavalry

11 May 2016, 09:44 AM

I got the Heavy Cavalry commander via War spoils two weeks ago and i am trying to learn how to use him correcty/at the fullest (i still forget all the time that it can give me the Pershing because i am building Shermans and Jacksons till the game comes to the end and then i am like this:
":facepalm:, wtf am i doing").

But this is not the point.
With this commander you can have a lot of munitions saved up and i want to try the "Combined Arms" ability.

What exactly are the benefits?
Is it bad, good, very good or super good?
When is the best time to use it? I guess i have to have Infantry and Tanks simultaneously in a fight for it to work?
FYI, i play 1vs1.

The more Infos you can give me the better.

Thank you very much in advance.

@ The Mods, feel free to move this to another section, i was not sure which on is the right one.
11 May 2016, 10:37 AM

Infantry and vehicles within 30 units receive the following buffs.

Infantry: -20% Reload, +30% Accuracy, +35% sight
Vehicle: -30% Reload, +5 range, +35% sight
11 May 2016, 11:52 AM

Beware, though. Some (if not all) of the buffs overwrite veterancy bonuses while the ability is active.

This means that if your units receive stronger bonuses from veterancy, "Combined Arms" will actually make your units perform worse!

For instance, Pershing gets -50% reload time at Vet3. Since reload speed is one of the bugged modifiers in the ability, this has the following effect:
- A Vet3 Pershing inside the aura will fire slower than a Vet3 Pershing outside the aura.

inb4 the aura modifiers are too strong:
- They are. However, wouldn't it be better/more straightforward if we reduced the power of some of the modifiers in exchange for making them stackable?
11 May 2016, 15:02 PM

Vet 3 pershing using competitive mod caused this. Thankfully not in the balance mod.
11 May 2016, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2016, 10:37 AMMyself
Infantry and vehicles within 30 units receive the following buffs.

Thank you, Can you please clarify the "30 units"?

Thank you!

And thank you i guess :D
11 May 2016, 20:26 PM

Thank you, Can you please clarify the "30 units"?

In game length measurements, call them "game" meters if you like.
11 May 2016, 20:46 PM

Beware, though. Some (if not all) of the buffs overwrite veterancy bonuses while the ability is active.

Interesting... is this the case for similar abilities as well? OKW's Luftwaffles' Valiant Assault and Brit Commando's Assault comes to mind. If so it might be closer to a "feature" that prevents it from being too good when used with Vet 3 units.

Either way I think the take home message is that you get the best bang for you buck using it with Vet 1-2 Units. Vet 3 Rifles get +30% Accuracy and Vet 3 Jacksons get -50% Reload and +30% Sight currently so the buffs are mostly a wash assuming they completely cancel out Veterancy buffs.

Though its important to note that the "Combined Arms" Aspect of the ability is still worth mentioning - the extra vision of Infantry + the Extra range of Vehicles gives you a significant advantage in armor engagements if you can utilize the maximum range of your vehicles with your infantry as spotters.

12 May 2016, 06:35 AM
Patrion 14

This means that if your units receive stronger bonuses from veterancy, "Combined Arms" will actually make your units perform worse!

For instance, Pershing gets -50% reload time at Vet3. Since reload speed is one of the bugged modifiers in the ability, this has the following effect:
- A Vet3 Pershing inside the aura will fire slower than a Vet3 Pershing outside the aura.

inb4 the aura modifiers are too strong:
- They are. However, wouldn't it be better/more straightforward if we reduced the power of some of the modifiers in exchange for making them stackable?

:facepalm:

at least it is better knowing even it is bitter. thanks
12 May 2016, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2016, 20:26 PMMyself

In game length measurements, call them "game" meters if you like.

Thanks again :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS