Login

russian armor

Molotovs suck

11 May 2016, 06:42 AM

I honestly think it is fine.

The pros and cons can be found in the factions (Sovs/OKW) and not the grenades themselves I guess.

OKW:

...has absolutely no other tool to clear buildings early game (con)
...is starving munitions the whole game (con)

...is throwing the nade pretty fast (pro)
...get the nade for free from the start (pro)

Sovs:

...have to tech the grenade for fuel (con)
...throw slow as a sloth (con)

...have almost unlimited munitions in the mid to late game in many cases (pro)
...can get a mortar early to clear buildings (pro)

11 May 2016, 06:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The pros and cons can be found in the factions (Sovs/OKW) and not the grenades themselves I guess.

OKW:

...has absolutely no other tool to clear buildings early game (con)
...is starving munitions the whole game (con)

...is throwing the nade pretty fast (pro)
...get the nade for free from the start (pro)

Sovs:

That kinda has more to do with the Soviets not upgrading anything without Guard docs (until the latest patch preview because now Penals are useful whoooooooo).

It'll still be mostly the case since every other faction has numerous upgrade options for AI and AT in most builds while Soviets still just only have flamethrowers, but it'll definitely lessen a tad for many Soviet builds.
11 May 2016, 06:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2016, 06:55 AMVuther

That kinda has more to do with the Soviets not upgrading anything without Guard docs (until the latest patch preview because now Penals are useful whoooooooo).

It'll still be mostly the case since every other faction has numerous upgrade options for AI and AT in most builds while Soviets still just only have flamethrowers, but it'll definitely lessen a tad for many Soviet builds.

I think this somehow was Relic's goal when designing the Soviets for CoH2. Because the first two things people think about when hearing Soviet Warfare is AK47s (not invented yet) and Molotovs :snfPeter:
11 May 2016, 07:58 AM

Sovs:

unlimited munitions in late game?

Nah, mines and democharges all the way. If you float munis as soviets you are retarded.
11 May 2016, 09:31 AM

The best solution imo:
I little faster throw and a little more costly. How much? I leave that to Relic (or should i say Miragefla :p).

P.S. Because in their state right now (throwing speed), even my two year old son can dodge them. he is fast like a cat :D
11 May 2016, 10:52 AM

Soviets have near unlimited munitions?

I must be doing something wrong.
11 May 2016, 21:57 PM

Molo should be thrown exactly like the incendiary grenades.
11 May 2016, 23:12 PM
Patrion 26

The throw speed definitely needs to be improved. You can often lose models as you're trying to throw it. By which time the other player has noticed the (almost slow motion) animation and moved the target.
12 May 2016, 09:53 AM

Molo should be thrown exactly like the incendiary grenades.

Exactly.
12 May 2016, 10:15 AM

Molotovs suck just because of 2 things:

1. Speed of throwing.

2. Range of throwing.

Both of this things just making using that grenade too dangerous for your conscripts, cos they very often dying under fire, while trying to throw Molotov + it's very easy to dodge that grenade. Even MG-42 can move out of buidling before it will hit the ground.

1. Improve both of those Molotovs stats - range and speed of throwing, but increase greande cost to 20-25 ammo.

+1

I almost never get molotovs anyway, just the at package. To clear mg nests I just yolo charge cons first into mg then burn em with a flamethrower squad.
12 May 2016, 13:20 PM

What do molotovs cost to get? like 120 Mp and 15 fuel? What does one of the soviet tech structures cost? 100 and some fuel? OKW needs to tech to get the flame grenade and the teching costs 300 manpower (truck + set up) and at least 45 fuel (truck + set up). Wehrmacht needs to tech to get the rifle grenade.

These threads are ridiculous. You don't see the top guys complaining. Why? Because they play all the factions and know that it's pretty well balanced as is.
12 May 2016, 13:25 PM

reduced range is because of hoorah

but the animation is too long for no good reason. should have the same throw time as volk flame grenades.
12 May 2016, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 13:20 PMSchmitz
What do molotovs cost to get? like 120 Mp and 15 fuel? What does one of the soviet tech structures cost? 100 and some fuel? OKW needs to tech to get the flame grenade and the teching costs 300 manpower (truck + set up) and at least 45 fuel (truck + set up). Wehrmacht needs to tech to get the rifle grenade.

These threads are ridiculous. You don't see the top guys complaining. Why? Because they play all the factions and know that it's pretty well balanced as is.

And also they don't use molotov.
12 May 2016, 14:21 PM

And you need more than just one regular grenade to clear buildings :snfPeter:

12 May 2016, 14:23 PM

the only real problem with the molotov is the ridiculously slow throwing animation. give it something similar to the OKW fire grenade, and its all good
12 May 2016, 15:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^ ^^

But the slow throw of the Molotov means that in the right situation, assuming you have time to wait and see, you can commence the throw, watch your enemy start to retreat and then move the Con squad before the projectile is flung.

And yep!! The 7% increase from "Burn Baby Burn" is pretty nifty. Has anybody got more than one of these bulletins? :unsure:
12 May 2016, 16:00 PM

Permanently Banned
I have more than 3 of them but they will be useless pretty soon. (stacking won't be allowed)

I think the player should be granted with 30 munis every time he uses the ability. It is that bad.
12 May 2016, 16:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have more than 3 of them but they will be useless pretty soon. (stacking won't be allowed)

I think the player should be granted with 30 munis every time he uses the ability. It is that bad.

Can you copy your screen with all the bulletins, please? We only need to see the top half of the bulletin menu, with "hide duplicates" turned off. :)
12 May 2016, 16:10 PM

Permanently Banned
uploading
12 May 2016, 16:50 PM

I have 2 and the range is alot of fun actually.im a team game ill build a con, tech molitovs and build a muni cache the instant I can after my second con. The tech is usually complete by the time I get to the first engagement (unless its okw) and I can usually push off the first mg42 simply because nobody expects a molitov to be a threat outside of bayonet range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★