Login

russian armor

M3A1 Scout car

9 May 2016, 07:08 AM

why the hell is it 15 fuel while still being a pile of *poop?

Edit for language: THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
9 May 2016, 07:29 AM

Yeah its so trash lmfao. It used to be a 1 hit wonder when you could get a flamer in it and hope to killed 3 retreating squads in 1st 2 minutes of the game, but outside of that its trash waste of a unit.

In the preview mod they are even more shitter since volks have fausts now so you cant even rush it to hope to get some map presence before they got shrecks.
9 May 2016, 07:30 AM

M3A1 being a Piece of shit?
There is a player named dyc or something like that, he used M3A1 spam and this tactic only reached top 15.
9 May 2016, 08:04 AM

I actually think its firepower is very nice. Maybe a bit more armor wouldn't hurt though, especially since it costs fuel.
9 May 2016, 08:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

What about giving the M3A1 some ability to actually scale into the late-game through the support role? It's not going to be on the front-line after the first 5 minutes and it's not that strong in counter-harassment, so give it something else.

I've experimented in the CE mod where you pay munitions to give it an ambulance healing aura so Soviets can choose to pay munitions rather than MP for healing, but there are plenty of other ways. Maybe some sort of stationary camo for scouting, mobile repairs, maybe have Kubel mini-map hack, etc, etc.
9 May 2016, 08:33 AM

What about giving the M3A1 some ability to actually scale into the late-game through the support role? It's not going to be on the front-line after the first 5 minutes and it's not that strong in counter-harassment, so give it something else.

I've experimented in the CE mod where you pay munitions to give it an ambulance healing aura so Soviets can choose to pay munitions rather than MP for healing, but there are plenty of other ways. Maybe some sort of stationary camo for scouting, mobile repairs, maybe have Kubel mini-map hack, etc, etc.

Your idea of late-game customization is quite good.

T3 unlocked Ambulance upgrade for M3A1, 50 ammunation then it can heal nearby infantry
T4 unlocked support-fire upgrade for M3A1, 50 ammunation and it can transport Mortar infantry to become mobile-Mortar or transport MG to become mobile MG car(lower-suppression)
9 May 2016, 08:53 AM

Here is another great plan:

1. M3A1 - out.

2. BA-64/BA-10 in.

T1 saved. USSR got good light car. Done.
9 May 2016, 09:00 AM

Here is another great plan:

1. M3A1 - out.

2. BA-64/BA-10 in.

T1 saved. USSR got good light car. Done.

BA-60 is a bit too op I think, it's better than 222 in every way
9 May 2016, 09:20 AM

BA-60 is a bit too op I think, it's better than 222 in every way

Well, soviet T1 has no AT at all, and that's kinda lame. BA-64 or BA-10 would be great for that I think. There are possibilites to make it good, without making it OP.
9 May 2016, 09:29 AM

Increasing M3 armor would be a good start, making it more resilient vs small arms fire.
Maybe increase range so you can use better as support unit.
9 May 2016, 10:48 AM

Well, soviet T1 has no AT at all, and that's kinda lame. BA-64 or BA-10 would be great for that I think. There are possibilites to make it good, without making it OP.

and who pays for the new unit design, animations and voice lines?
9 May 2016, 10:49 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Quite honestly I think it is in a good spot. Light vehicles cannot really scale into the late game due to the fact tanks would pretty much crush them.

Hopeful not to derail the topic, it is better the than the WC51 truck

HP:
M3A1:200
WC51:180

DPS far/near:
M3A1 front: 4.12 / 16.39
M3A1 rear: 6.97 / 18.17 (yes, the rear has more dps)
WC51: 2.87 / 11.74

Armor:
M3A1: 5.4
WC51: 5.2

Cost:
M3A1: 190, 15
WC51: 240, 20

source: http://www.stat.coh2.hu/
Hux
9 May 2016, 12:17 PM
Patrion 14

I love the thing. It's damage output is not terrible and it can help sway early engagements especially vs OKW if kept at range. (Somewhat mitigated by volk Faust as mentioned now however)

I tried the CE mod and the penal blob cycling back to a healing scout car was a bit ridiculous IMO (although kudos for trying alternate approaches to it!)

I think it's responsiveness should be improved. If you issue some quick movement commands to it. It starts to derp out a bit, which means it can get killed as a result, so there's always that.

But personally I'd like to see it get a crew that can bail maybe like a squishy 2 man squad that can plant those light mines for muni. This would give T1 some kind of indirect AT (the mines could be purely AT with no AI to stop it being too OP in the early game I guess)

I do like the idea of a stationary cloak though as well. That could be pretty good.
9 May 2016, 15:38 PM

What about making it garrisonable by the T2 mortar. Both of those units are sh@ite but together maybe...
10 May 2016, 05:06 AM

It was a great vehicle against old OKW but the faust doesn't just mitigate the usefulness it almost completely negates it. I would only scout car against OKW for that reason.

15 fuel to be countered by baseline infantry without a fuel unlocked AT nades doesn't seem like the smart investment unless your a micro god.
10 May 2016, 05:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 05:06 AMGumboot
It was a great vehicle against old OKW but the faust doesn't just mitigate the usefulness it almost completely negates it. I would only scout car against OKW for that reason.

15 fuel to be countered by baseline infantry without a fuel unlocked AT nades doesn't seem like the smart investment unless your a micro god.

using the m3a1 against faust wielding okw doesnt just cost you 15 fuel
it gifts the enemy 5 fuel!
10 May 2016, 06:06 AM

What about making it garrisonable by the T2 mortar. Both of those units are sh@ite but together maybe...

15 fuel mortar halftrack? No thanks.
aaa
10 May 2016, 06:10 AM

armor upgrade for it!!!
And non doc guards to use with. Now it becomes useless after 1st minute
10 May 2016, 08:37 AM
Patrion 14

I think all light vehicles should evolve into utility or support vehicles if you play them well in the early game. If nothing else, just give them sight. The T70, Kubel and 222 are pretty well designed, though the T70 is the best one.
10 May 2016, 10:11 AM

I'd rather have it be more useful as a late-game cutoff capper. But in order to do this role, it needs more speed and agility. Currently the Kubel is a lot better at capping cutoff points. The M3A should be able to do so, especially as you need a unit inside it to do the capping. It does get a speed boost at Vet1 but it's really not expected to survive that long.

So, perhaps a lategame camo option would be my preference?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★