Login

russian armor

Squad Weapons

8 May 2016, 23:44 PM

The art of blobbing rifles with 2x BARS and Bazookas or Pzgrens with 2x shrecks is really getting on my tits... Has anyone ever though of reducing ALL squads inventory capacity to "1"?

Pioneers get a flamethrowers? Great, but i hope that was a well THOUGHT decision cause they're Anti buildings now, not Anti-Everything.

Riflemen charging from the hills with one bar each? Oh boy! I can actually challenge this instead of getting steamrolled!

Remember, they are called section weapons, as in every section gets ONE! This ain't BARS'R'US...

P.S. The only challenge to this question of mine that i can forsee are soviet troops, with PTRS cons and DP-28 Guards, so please, be gentle.:snfPeter:
8 May 2016, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A good bit of Allied weapons would require their stats to be remade to do this. And PGs might be a problem since I heard they used to only have one Schreck, but that was too good for spamming.
8 May 2016, 23:56 PM

its official guys

coh2 community has reached its excessive blob phobia state
9 May 2016, 00:28 AM

Nah. 2x Shrecks on PzGrens is not an issue, it neuters their AI capability and its power is balanced by the mun cost and MP drain.

2x LMGs on rifle squads is a bit more tricky, I think the real problem is the crazy vet bonuses riflemen get. BARs aren't that great for their cost, they're much worse value than the LMG42 which also has no unlock cost. BARs in the mid game means foregoing teching and other critical munition uses, while by the late game they are necessary to stay relevant. M1919s are a different story, although as is often the case with USF they're one really great thing in an otherwise crappy doctrine.
9 May 2016, 01:58 AM

Panzergrenadiers with 1 Panzerschreck were tried in the original CoH2 Beta. It was a bad idea, it just made blobbing stronger because you would have 3 rifles per Panzerschreck, effectively being both AI and AT in one unit.
9 May 2016, 02:35 AM

Some units like REs and Royal Engineers should only have 1 slot - Weapon racks
9 May 2016, 02:38 AM

remove PGrens from game too OP
9 May 2016, 05:46 AM
9 May 2016, 05:53 AM

Panzergrenadiers with 1 Panzerschreck were tried in the original CoH2 Beta. It was a bad idea, it just made blobbing stronger because you would have 3 rifles per Panzerschreck, effectively being both AI and AT in one unit.

A bit worse than Volksgrenadiers you mean?
9 May 2016, 06:01 AM

Some units like REs and Royal Engineers should only have 1 slot - Weapon racks

Rear Echelons should have 2 slots, but minesweepers should cost a slot. Without 2 weapon slots Rear Echelons are one of the most pointless units in the game since USF weapons aren't that good, they can't lay mines, and don't have stock flamer upgrades.

Royal engineers need some sort of nerf, but I don't think reducing their slot numbers is a good idea. A single PIAT just does not have any impact. I'd reduce the squads SMG dps to be more fitting for their 210mp cost and change the vet3 reinforcement bonus into some combat bonus like other squads have. Also make the minesweeper cost a slot.
9 May 2016, 06:17 AM

I'd be happy to see them reduced. And ideally, appearing later. It feels to me as if they make the infantry game less and less important, as infantry contacts resolve themselves so much faster, which means it's harder to hold ground. Which in turn causes more investment in vehicles, which brings in more firepower, which wipes more squads, etc.
9 May 2016, 11:02 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Are the new sturmpioneers going to be like this, having a shreck and 3 stg 44s. But wait, they also will have the bugged stun grenade for stopping retreating units and have better vet. This might be a new problem.
9 May 2016, 13:02 PM

Are the new sturmpioneers going to be like this, having a shreck and 3 stg 44s. But wait, they also will have the bugged stun grenade for stopping retreating units and have better vet. This might be a new problem.

Hopefully they will revert this change, since SPios with schrecks were always a bad idea imo.
9 May 2016, 14:01 PM

volk snare + pio shrecks + buffed raketens?

here I thought I'd finally be able to flank super krupp steel without getting gibbed by a screen of AT on every infantry unit
9 May 2016, 14:12 PM

Vet 3 PG with shreks deal the same (or even more) damage than a vet 0 PG squad with no AT, and since you can realiably snipe infantry with shreks, they are sometimes even deadlier than normal PG's against infantry.
9 May 2016, 14:23 PM

The art of blobbing rifles with 2x BARS and Bazookas or Pzgrens with 2x shrecks is really getting on my tits... Has anyone ever though of reducing ALL squads inventory capacity to "1"?

Pioneers get a flamethrowers? Great, but i hope that was a well THOUGHT decision cause they're Anti buildings now, not Anti-Everything.

Riflemen charging from the hills with one bar each? Oh boy! I can actually challenge this instead of getting steamrolled!

Remember, they are called section weapons, as in every section gets ONE! This ain't BARS'R'US...

P.S. The only challenge to this question of mine that i can forsee are soviet troops, with PTRS cons and DP-28 Guards, so please, be gentle.:snfPeter:

If you will be nerfing rifles by only letting them pick up 1 BAR, Will the BAR be buffed to compensate for only picking up one?

And if you nerf the weapon slot to one, that means they cant pick up dropped weapons.

So will there be a nerf to all german infantry so if they upgrade a weapon they also can not pick up dropped weapons?
9 May 2016, 14:33 PM

Vet 3 PG with shreks deal the same (or even more) damage than a vet 0 PG squad with no AT, and since you can realiably snipe infantry with shreks, they are sometimes even deadlier than normal PG's against infantry.

The balance mod is dealing with the issue of handheld AT sniping models
9 May 2016, 17:23 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The clear solution here is obvious. Give the USF 5 levels of veterancy and give them an extra bar every time they vet up.
9 May 2016, 18:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2016, 17:23 PMwouren
The clear solution here is obvious. Give the USF 5 levels of veterancy and give them an extra bar every time they vet up.

Best Idea since forever, totally up for this MVGame
9 May 2016, 21:52 PM

I hear yer OP!
The double standards from Ally fanboys is so palpable, it's already having it's second child!

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2016, 18:02 PMd0ggY

Best Idea since forever, totally up for this MVGame

Shh, you are not helping

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment