Login

russian armor

balance thought and fixes!!

8 May 2016, 18:38 PM

If every squad type could get a mine sweeper and not lose any fighting capabilities then your argument stands. Or i guess you could just blob all your units together to solve the problem.
all u need is 1 fam dont go in combat wit him
8 May 2016, 18:41 PM

all u need is 1 fam dont go in combat wit him

Your sentence doesn't make sense.
8 May 2016, 18:42 PM

8 May 2016, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 08:42 AMZyllen

Their simply not enough engineers.

That's a choice you've made; nothing stops you getting more.
8 May 2016, 18:57 PM

It's good practice to show a playercard in order for people to know at what skill levels the changes are been thought off...

No, it really isn't. It would only be true if this was a game of pure intellect, but this is very much not the case. Even then, understanding wouldn't necessarily translate into being able to talk about it. This is a dumb idea which should be stopped immediately.
8 May 2016, 18:59 PM

There's only one play style that shouldnt have problems with mines. You suggested it..."use them with your groups." Can you guess what strategy that is? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a B.

Oh, so, what you're saying is that with a measly investment of munis, I can force my opponent to make themselves vulnerable to my AoE? Why, that sounds like a wonderful idea, it even sounds like... strategy.
8 May 2016, 19:16 PM

Oh, so, what you're saying is that with a measly investment of munis, I can force my opponent to make themselves vulnerable to my AoE? Why, that sounds like a wonderful idea, it even sounds like... strategy.

Yep. The counter to mines is blobbing. Much strategy. Relic has already countless times expressed their desire to move ppl away from blobbing and changing the way mines work currently is a step in the right direction.
8 May 2016, 19:20 PM

Forcing your opponent to do something bad for them is good use of your tools.
8 May 2016, 20:22 PM

That's a choice you've made; nothing stops you getting more.

Well this goes into the history books as one of the most idiotic counter arguments ever made.
And i hope you are not serious and just trolling.
8 May 2016, 20:29 PM

Your sentence doesn't make sense.
all u need is 1 engi. dont go in combat with him and u dont got to retreat so u can keep sweeping
8 May 2016, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 20:22 PMZyllen

Well this goes into the history books as one of the most idiotic counter arguments ever made.

so if someone spams mines and u counter with more then 1 sweeper its a idiotic counter...? wow
8 May 2016, 20:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No, it really isn't. It would only be true if this was a game of pure intellect, but this is very much not the case. Even then, understanding wouldn't necessarily translate into being able to talk about it. This is a dumb idea which should be stopped immediately.

You cut out the part where i said "Specially if you say you have been playing against others "pros"." Those kind of remarks are hard to believe when you have no replays/playercard backing those claims.

Thing is, "balance" suggestions change considerably depending skill levels and game modes. If someone complains about emplacements, i directly assume we are talking about any teamgame mode and not 1v1. If someone complains about sniper, i'll assume 1v1 or 2v2 oppose to 3v3+.
Allies have slightly higher w/l at higher ELO but it's the opposite at low ELO, etc.

There's a difference between presenting a well thought argument, backed up by stats, and spewing personal opinions. If you present a post with the former 2, no one is gonna complain about the lack of playercard.
8 May 2016, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 20:22 PMZyllen

Why? Plenty of people use strats, from time to time, that start with multiple engy type units; it's not rocket science. If you don;t have enough for your needs, and decided to spend your resources elsewhere, you get punished. This seems obvious.
8 May 2016, 20:52 PM

You cut out the part where i said "Specially if you say you have been playing against others "pros"." Those kind of remarks are hard to believe when you have no replays/playercard backing those claims.

Well that seemed like a qualifier to the central point, so yes, I cut it.

I don't know that balance suggestions change that much by "skill". By game mode, perhaps, but this is not an argument I find convincing.

It's not an accident that this game, like most other e-sports, is primarily represented in competition by under-30's. Which is interesting is that the same is mostly true of "regular" sports. The physical demands of APM are real, and it is quite possible for a player with an inferior comprehension of the game, to defeat someone with a superior comprehension, by means of sheer physical prowess.

The practice of demanding that someone achieve a certain level of success in the game before being able to offer a criticism or opinion or suggestion therefore does not serve to ensure that the best thinking is brought to the fore. And quite often it seems to be used as a crutch to dismiss an argument that cannot be defeated by reason.

There's a difference between presenting a well thought argument, backed up by stats, and spewing personal opinions.

Agreed in full. But my point remains that player card demands are at best useless, and worst counter-productive, IMO.
8 May 2016, 22:08 PM

i think elchino was really pointing it out to me about the player cards hes right tho in a way. i like to prove my skill in game cuz my player card sucks cuz i let alot of ppl play on my accounts sometimes.
9 May 2016, 01:02 AM

all u need is 1 engi. dont go in combat with him and u dont got to retreat so u can keep sweeping

Thats assuming they are planting mines on your half of the map and in low activity places. What if they are places mines defensively? You'll have to move into combat to sweep for mines. I know how to use mine sweepers. Im just saying that you can't harrass without sweepers on all your squads and harassing is an important part of the game with should be encouraged and rewarded.
9 May 2016, 16:16 PM

so if someone spams mines and u counter with more then 1 sweeper its a idiotic counter...? wow

Until you realise that mines are temporary problem while your sweepers drain a lot of mp and popcap permanently unless you suicide them which is also a large drain on your mp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★