Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
14 Jun 2016, 12:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 10:25 AMpigsoup

am i the only one who think things should go beyond some old gadgets or lack of future gadgets? way way beyond?

i know that i am being very stubborn here but its like having a game set on Moon but the developers decided Moon would be as developed as Earth is except that you have to wear spacesuit once in a while. its like saying CODWaW wasnt a reskin of COD4, MP wise.

They did change up the class system quite a bit, and added tanker and pilot classes. Also new melee mechanics, climbing mechanics, and a bigger gamemode war thing.
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-operations-mode
15 Jun 2016, 02:18 AM

Battlefield One is a stinking piece of shit. Why do you think they did not even show ANY GAMEPLAY at E3?!

Also EA and DICE can go fuck themselves, I knew it since the beginning. Launching the game without the French is fucking insulting.

France was the Main fighting force for the Allies, fought in the most Fronts, Western, Balkans, Africa, Middle-East and even Gallipoli. Did the most fighting and thus millions of casualties.

And had the most advanced and varied equipment of WW1, especially from 1916 and on. Shanka, BFOne does not even scratch the surface of what the french equipment was back in WW1, they just put the Renault FT17 and Canon de 75mm, that's it.

But noo, let's add some diversity quota black latino gringo that got there in late 1917 and some beduin lady warrior, and the italians, yeah the dudes who switched sides.

But who cares, ZACH EFRON PLAYED BFONE at E3!

Fucking game is marketed for teenage girls.

So, I'll boycott this insulting SHITFEST. I allready passed on BF4 and Battlefront.

EA execs must be like: Here seeing the FRENCH were so IMPORTANT during WW1 they deserve to be in a EXCLUSIVE DLC...

They should just have done a WW2 game, because that's basically what they are going for.
15 Jun 2016, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 12:58 PMTobis

They did change up the class system quite a bit, and added tanker and pilot classes.
Also new melee mechanics, climbing mechanics, and a bigger gamemode war thing.
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-operations-mode

+1 on class system - long overdue.
Not sure why they decided to make only 4 starting from BC2.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 02:18 AMFrencho
Battlefield One is a stinking piece of shit. Why do you think they did not even show ANY GAMEPLAY at E3?!
Also EA and DICE can go fuck themselves, I knew it since the beginning. Launching the game without the French is fucking insulting.
France was the Main fighting force for the Allies, fought in the most Fronts, Western, Balkans, Africa, Middle-East and even Gallipoli. Did the most fighting and thus millions of casualties.

Holy shit, you cannot get more French than this post...
Calm down mate, no need to get worked up over something so fkn trivial!!
Plus as you said, vote with your wallet and boycot.

I just hope they dont do what they did with BF3 and BF4... Same voice actor for all the fkn factions....
Reason BC2 was so enjoyable, each class was his own man.

15 Jun 2016, 11:59 AM

+1 on class system - long overdue.
Not sure why they decided to make only 4 starting from BC2.

Holy shit, you cannot get more French than this post...
Calm down mate, no need to get worked up over something so fkn trivial!!
Plus as you said, vote with your wallet and boycot.

I just hope they dont do what they did with BF3 and BF4... Same voice actor for all the fkn factions....
Reason BC2 was so enjoyable, each class was his own man.

Trivial, sure attempting to erase the most important faction from WW1, the one that won it, is trivial?!

Especially knowing videogames are excellent propaganda tools, I cringe seeing the generation of retards that will be educated on WW1 trough Battlefield.

And please do explain what getting more French than this means boy?!
I dare you back your post with arguments I won't annihilate with facts.

Fucking EA and DICE better don't show up on France ever, they should be lynched.

If the Swedes want so suck up to their beloved anglos and germans with all these unicorns and gadgets, they should have done WW2! I get the nazi and wunderwaffe are cool badass looking prototypes VIBE from the trailers, even when the French had the most advanced and mass produced stuff in WW1. Well, Seeing Sweden was not involved in WW1 at all they probably don't know shit about it, but they do know a lot about trading Iron ore with the 3rd Reich...

Another thing that amuses me is the "Harlem Hellfighter" thing with their first DLC. They forget that the Black Americans could ONLY participate to the fight because... the French army invited them. The US army was too suspicious to allow them to fight. How comical.

But hey pay for the privilege to be BLACK.

They have made every wrong decision with this aberration of a game.

Now would you stay calm if the British or the USA were not in Battlefield 1? I DOUBT IT! Even if they played a smaller role!
15 Jun 2016, 12:27 PM

Looks like a garbage game. It's not really world war 1 game, more just typical battlefield with WW1 paintjob.

Verdun looks way better.

Also no France or Russia, WTF?

But of course gotta put in black soldiers fightning for the german army to appeal to that united sttates audience

WE WUZ KAIZERS N SHIT
15 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 11:59 AMFrencho

Now would you stay calm if the British or the USA were not in Battlefield 1? I DOUBT IT! Even if they played a smaller role!

It's a video game. Nobody got bent out of shape when the British or the USA were not in CoH2. They added them in a DLC, just like Battlefield will do for France.

Also people aren't going to learn shit from battlefield. You think kids learned about WW2 from playing battlefield 1942? Give me a break.
15 Jun 2016, 12:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

15 Jun 2016, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 12:27 PMBurts
Looks like a garbage game. It's not really world war 1 game, more just typical battlefield with WW1 paintjob.

Verdun looks way better.

But of course gotta put in black soldiers fightning for the german army to appeal to that united sttates audience

WE WUZ KAIZERS N SHIT

hello fellow /pol/fag
15 Jun 2016, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 12:27 PMBurts

Verdun looks way better.

WE WUZ KAIZERS N SHIT

^ this. Its pretty much mod for BF3\BF4 nothing more. Hell even WW2 mod for BF2 were much better and changed gameplay much more dramaticly.

Not to mention that whole concept of WW1 is wasted, not to mention that Tanks driving insanly fast, turn insanly fast and so on.

Thouse idiots from EA and Dice should have been making WW2 instead of WW1. Even with shitty BF3\BF4 gameplay, WW2 would fit perfectly, while as game based in WW1 its just pure shit.
15 Jun 2016, 16:29 PM

Funny to see so much "herp derp shit gaem" on a site dedicated to one of the most disappointing games of all time given its potential. You don't like BF? Fine. But nothing about it looks shit even if plays just like a WW2 game with WW1 gear. Games that look shit so far would be DOW3 or COD: IW. Even BF4 which did many things worse than BF3 and BC2 still wasn't a terrible game. You people act like since its a WW1 game that doesn't play like genuine WW1 that its a bad game which is non-sense. That is like saying COD4 is a terrible game because the multiplayer doesn't play like authentic asymmetrical counter terrorism. Lastly to all you guys sayiing Verdun is a unique game that boldly tried to recreate WW1, you're wrong. The game is like Mamayev Kurgan from RO2. Not saying its a bad game, but not truly innovative either.
15 Jun 2016, 18:03 PM

This article snuck past my radar, but it seems that the bitches at DICE and EA are feeling
Our collective and magnificent RIGHTEOUS FRENCH FURY!
So they are starting to pull out damage control moves and some concessions.

DICE Strategic director interview on Le Monde

DICE French spokesman (lackey) admits that the French Armed Forces won't be present at launch, and will just serve as a backdrop for the campaign. But, in a shameless attempt to minimize their biased ineptitude, will release the French in an exclusive DLC.

« L’armée française est présente dans la campagne solo, explique au Monde le Français Julien Wera, directeur stratégique du studio suédois Dice, qui développe le jeu. Pour tout ce qui est du multijoueur, l’armée française a eu un rôle tellement important dans la première guerre mondiale que nous voulions faire un traitement spécial, qui nous demandait plus de temps, ce qui fait qu’elle sera jouable, mais après le lancement du jeu, dans une extension qui sera dédiée à cette armée. »

Bref il met de l'eau dans son vin.

Quick translation: FRENCH ARMY SO IMPORTAANT IN WW1 WE WANTED TO GIVE IT SPESHIAL TREATMENT SO WE NEEDS MOAR TIME AND MOAR MONEY TO DEDICATE AN EXPANSHIUN LATAR THIS YEAR AFTER LAUNCH! GIB MONIES PLZ!

So, I'm recruiting more Poilus to keep pressure on these EA/DICE bitches, as the French DLC must be free for all, equal for all and fraternal for all in accordance to our national motto.

So, join into the FOCH YOU Renault FT17 of DOOM and let's lobby the fuck out of these EA and DICE surrender monkeys! We won't gib monies, but gib FOCH yous!

15 Jun 2016, 18:30 PM

Funny to see so much "herp derp shit gaem" on a site dedicated to one of the most disappointing games of all time given its potential. You don't like BF? Fine. But nothing about it looks shit even if plays just like a WW2 game with WW1 gear. Games that look shit so far would be DOW3 or COD: IW. Even BF4 which did many things worse than BF3 and BC2 still wasn't a terrible game. You people act like since its a WW1 game that doesn't play like genuine WW1 that its a bad game which is non-sense. That is like saying COD4 is a terrible game because the multiplayer doesn't play like authentic asymmetrical counter terrorism. Lastly to all you guys sayiing Verdun is a unique game that boldly tried to recreate WW1, you're wrong. The game is like Mamayev Kurgan from RO2. Not saying its a bad game, but not truly innovative either.

Why you should pick concept which not fit your gameplay then? What the point of picking WW1 when you have generic BF gameplay, without any kind of gameplay changes? Why not to pick WW2 keep old gameplay, also keep all concept and features from BF1 (because they still fit WW2) but also add like x2 contentent, like tanks\weapons and so on?

I tell you why this game is shit, because WW1 had 1000 times less armor, less weapons and less planes and so on. So having WW1 with BF gameplay is more like having WW2 with 99% missed opotrunities and lost content.

You should just think how much better this game would be if it was WW2 era
15 Jun 2016, 22:54 PM

Why you should pick concept which not fit your gameplay then? What the point of picking WW1 when you have generic BF gameplay, without any kind of gameplay changes? Why not to pick WW2 keep old gameplay, also keep all concept and features from BF1 (because they still fit WW2) but also add like x2 contentent, like tanks\weapons and so on?

I tell you why this game is shit, because WW1 had 1000 times less armor, less weapons and less planes and so on. So having WW1 with BF gameplay is more like having WW2 with 99% missed opotrunities and lost content.

You should just think how much better this game would be if it was WW2 era

The thing is a WW2 game in this era is simply not going to be on the scope of BF 1942. It was much easier to shit out 50+ vehicle models and 30+ maps with 2004 graphics. To produce that many maps models and assets at modern graphical standards would probably take a 6 or 7 year dev cycle, and I don't think the extra sales would be enough to justify spending 3x more development cycle. The next WW2 battlefield will probably have the biggest campaigns. Maybe 2-3 Italy/Sicily maps, 3-4 French maps, 3-4 Pacific maps, Stalingrad, Kursk, 2 Germany maps, a Battle of Britain map, a Battle of the Bulge map, and maybe 2 North Africa maps by the time they roll out all the expansions. Thats gonna be like 40-50% the content compared to when they looked like this:

16 Jun 2016, 00:08 AM

Press F to surrender!
16 Jun 2016, 00:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 02:18 AMFrencho

wat
16 Jun 2016, 00:43 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 12:43 PMTobis

It's a video game. Nobody got bent out of shape when the British or the USA were not in CoH2. They added them in a DLC, just like Battlefield will do for France.

Also people aren't going to learn shit from battlefield. You think kids learned about WW2 from playing battlefield 1942? Give me a break.

I played CoD 2 when i was just starting to learn English :). I knew how to say grenades, machinegun, Krauts before mathematics :). That's something.

the new tanker and pilot classes do seem cool and seem like they can make the game less simplistic. looks good.

lol i love how to counter anti-BF1 dudes, you just had to bring up how shitty CoH2 is. its borderline obsessive compulsive disorder.

and also DICE is bigger now. if they focused on making actually deep tactical/strategical game instead of punching out all these pretty little insignificant gadgets...
16 Jun 2016, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 00:43 AMpigsoup
lol i love how to counter anti-BF1 dudes, you just had to bring up how shitty CoH2 is. its borderline obsessive compulsive disorder.

and also DICE is bigger now. if they focused on making actually deep tactical/strategical game instead of punching out all these pretty little insignificant gadgets...

Didn't say it was "shit" but its obviously not what it could have been. If the macro level strategy had more focus on player choices instead of shelling out cash the game would be objectively much better. And yes it is ironic to see people bitching and moaning about "new Battlefields this new Battlefields that" when this is a forum dedicated to a franchise that fell pretty far from grace itself. Not shit, but being slightly better than average is a let down for a sequel to the highest rated game in the genre. If French people are mad that French isn't included, fine. But complaining that the game isn't Verdun on Frostbite engine is retarded.

After checking your playercard its kinda pathetic that you constantly come to COH2s defense whenever I say something remotely negative about it. Most of the things I've complained about impact 1v1 the most (2v2 to a smaller degree), and as a mainly 3v3 player w/ only a dozen 1v1 games played, you aren't really qualified to comment. 3v3 and 4v4 is an imbalanced spammy clusterfuck in BOTH games, you happy?
16 Jun 2016, 02:36 AM
Patrion 14

Didn't say it was "shit" but its obviously not what it could have been. If the macro level strategy had more focus on player choices instead of shelling out cash the game would be objectively much better. And yes it is ironic to see people bitching and moaning about "new Battlefields this new Battlefields that" when this is a forum dedicated to a franchise that fell pretty far from grace itself. Not shit, but being slightly better than average is a let down for a sequel to the highest rated game in the genre. If French people are mad that French isn't included, fine. But complaining that the game isn't Verdun on Frostbite engine is retarded.

After checking your playercard its kinda pathetic that you constantly come to COH2s defense whenever I say something remotely negative about it. Most of the things I've complained about impact 1v1 the most (2v2 to a smaller degree), and as a mainly 3v3 player w/ only a dozen 1v1 games played, you aren't really qualified to comment. 3v3 and 4v4 is an imbalanced spammy clusterfuck in BOTH games, you happy?

it never gets old. . .. . ... .. .

most people here who does not like BF1 (for now) aren't CoH2 fanbois. Go find me or any other BF1 haters here where we suck up so adamantly to relic after patch release or whatnot.

you somehow got into your head that I am CoH2 fanboi who refuses to see CoH2's faults while finding faults in BF1.

it's like me saying it is funny how you find so much fault in coh2 and now you are defending in BF1 in coh2-main site.
-------------------

I try not to comment on stuff about 1v1 but i could have. can you find me an example? i love to reply to your coh1 masterrace comments because not only you have such a biased view but you just have to make it known as often as possible... like in this completely off-topic thread.

sorry i am not a elite 1v1 player. i just play 2v2+ and try to help relic fix their maps (sometimes with venom) and big gamemodes which people like you have belittled for so long. Not like star citizen like you who can only say things about how the old times were better.

tell me how vaulting is overrated again :).
16 Jun 2016, 12:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Looking like the Dead Sea up in here

Delicious.
17 Jun 2016, 03:09 AM

Press F to surrender!

Bahahah, this made my day.

Careful tho, you will upset a lot of the already salty Frenchies in here.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 52
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L