Login

russian armor

Are mines almost useless on the new beta patch?

7 May 2016, 12:26 PM

Can anyone tell me do s-mines suppress infantry in the preview?

Yes
7 May 2016, 12:53 PM

Soviet Defense doctrine mines also suppress. It works well for them, but it takes a lot of lethality out of the S-Mine field.
7 May 2016, 13:57 PM

The optimal solution in my opinion would be that exactly one entity is killed (hard coded) and in addition the squad receives a substancial suppression amount for going prone while being shocked and confused for a certain time.

So you suggest that mines would kill only one model? This will make them utterly useless. I think it should be vice versa: if a squad has all models and it hits a mine instead of wiping (if wipe would have happened) 1 model takes 70 dmg instead of dying (though it may die anyway). If a squad with some dropped models hits a mine is it would work normally. With this thing mines will be just as strong except they won't wipe squads with full hp. Obviously this shouldn't work on snipers.
7 May 2016, 16:49 PM
Patrion 14

The idea behind mine revamp is rock solid - slow down flanks, reward placement of units near mines to exploit the suppression, prevent wipes.

What I am baffled about is that Relic didn't remember to use the already powerful tool they have at their disposal: crits.

If a mine reduces a model below 25%, it should have a 30% chance to kill said model via a crit. With these numbers, there is a rather substantial chance that at least one model of a 4 man squad would die, and sometimes two (provided all 4 are in the blast radius). However, the chance to fully wipe a four man squad even if they are fully clumped up is negligible - 2 times in a 1000 mines hit. And the numbers look even better for larger squads.
7 May 2016, 17:16 PM

What should be done is fixing AI behaviour when a unit enters/exits a building. Even the changelog mentions that as the primary issue here. Fix that and revert mines to how they were ffs. They're absolute garbage like this.
7 May 2016, 19:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 12:26 PMDomine

Yes

Soviet Defense doctrine mines also suppress. It works well for them, but it takes a lot of lethality out of the S-Mine field.

WTF Relic pls

It was supposed to be just general-purpose mines

HAS AN S-MINE FIELD TO EVER KILLED A VEHICLE!? (ok it could actually kill an M3A1 or something but you get what I mean)

So now S-Mines really are bad just by paying attention because on the chance you don't for a second anyway the squads that run over them will get suppressed and let you retreat them so they don't kill themselves on it.
8 May 2016, 04:40 AM

The idea behind mine revamp is rock solid - slow down flanks, reward placement of units near mines to exploit the suppression, prevent wipes.

What I am baffled about is that Relic didn't remember to use the already powerful tool they have at their disposal: crits.

If a mine reduces a model below 25%, it should have a 30% chance to kill said model via a crit. With these numbers, there is a rather substantial chance that at least one model of a 4 man squad would die, and sometimes two (provided all 4 are in the blast radius). However, the chance to fully wipe a four man squad even if they are fully clumped up is negligible - 2 times in a 1000 mines hit. And the numbers look even better for larger squads.

+1 Best idea I've seen in relation to mine improvements.
8 May 2016, 05:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Pretty good idea, a good middle ground. Should add a 100% chance to kill snipers too.
8 May 2016, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 05:30 AMTobis

Pretty good idea, a good middle ground. Should add a 100% chance to kill snipers too.

why?
8 May 2016, 05:58 AM
Patrion 39

If a mine reduces a model below 25%, it should have a chance to kill said model via a crit..

+1 really good idea
8 May 2016, 06:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I dunno man, 1 of 500 isn't horrendous odds for an entire playerbase. Basically a CoH2 game every day would see a squad running over a mine get one-shotted.
8 May 2016, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 19:25 PMVuther

WTF Relic pls

It was supposed to be just general-purpose mines

HAS AN S-MINE FIELD TO EVER KILLED A VEHICLE!? (ok it could actually kill an M3A1 or something but you get what I mean)

So now S-Mines really are bad just by paying attention because on the chance you don't for a second anyway the squads that run over them will get suppressed and let you retreat them so they don't kill themselves on it.

It's much better now, riflemen for example never shouted anything about mines so squadwipes were common, and the S-mines are for the area denial anyway
8 May 2016, 15:10 PM

It's much better now

No, it's not. Paying 60 munis for visible mines that can be cleared by vehicle just for area denial doesn't seem worth to me. S-mines should bleed and ultimately wipe if player is not careful.
8 May 2016, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 15:10 PMSlyzor

No, it's not. Paying 60 munis for visible mines that can be cleared by vehicle just for area denial doesn't seem worth to me. S-mines should bleed and ultimately wipe if player is not careful.

If you can convince reric to record new voice lines for rifles and such, I'm in :snfPeter:
8 May 2016, 16:36 PM

I just played balance preview mod and I didn't notice s-mines suppressing.
8 May 2016, 20:42 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 06:18 AMVuther
I dunno man, 1 of 500 isn't horrendous odds for an entire playerbase. Basically a CoH2 game every day would see a squad running over a mine get one-shotted.
Sure, but why look at the entire playerbase? It's not like universe will implode if it happens to one single player. To any single person it will happen like... once per six months, maybe?
8 May 2016, 21:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sure, but why look at the entire playerbase? It's not like universe will implode if it happens to one single player. To any single person it will happen like... once per six months, maybe?

I'm just sayin' it's entirely likely if they implemented this that I would one day shout your name in anger toward the sky
8 May 2016, 21:37 PM

Speaking as someone who's played a bunch of games with the previewpatch I think mines are stronger and more consistent now in a good way.

In the current patch mines are in a situation where they can kill one Con model or an entire vet gren squad (hardly any consistency as previously stated), something needed to be changed. The addition of suppression and health damage was the right way to go imo

If you charge around with damaged infantry you will still suffer model losses and wipes, but now it doesn't matter how many squad members you have which imo is a great thing as previously other factions felt the RNG bs more (brits/Ostheer compared to 6 man soviets).

All in all good changes, mines are hardly useless for 30muni.
8 May 2016, 22:04 PM

Is the OP dumb? Finnaly mines don't wipe a full squads immediately and he's complaining on it? Completely nonsense
8 May 2016, 22:08 PM

+1 really good idea

More RNG in this game yay. Did you even thought about it?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★