Login

russian armor

Relic: Week 1 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (10)down
5 May 2016, 22:05 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

This will work better, sturmpios are more fragile, smaller squad, more expensive, itll give OKW an AT option without the possibility of blobbing.

If your opponant gets a blob of sturmpios, you suck anyways and the game would be over either way
5 May 2016, 22:08 PM

But the manpower reduction to the T34 was the most necessary part of the buff. Without it the soviets can't actually build it easier then any other tank. The low fuel cost means nothing otherwise.
5 May 2016, 22:08 PM
Patrion 26

This will work better, sturmpios are more fragile, smaller squad, more expensive, itll give OKW an AT option without the possibility of blobbing.

If your opponant gets a blob of sturmpios, you suck anyways and the game would be over either way

Ironically Brad's advice for addressing blobbing was to create a balance mod. I bet even he is laughing right now. #bradslastlaugh
5 May 2016, 22:15 PM
Donator 11

Do we know if sturmpios will be able to put the shrecks away? Also will they be getting any slight vet changes due to the increase in artificial vet cause by the weapon change?

• t-34 MP change wasn't needed, the coax reduction was a good change.
  • Capt zook upgrade is also a pretty solid change
  • Jackson change was a fair change 10/10
  • Goliath may be over performing vs emplacements. I mean I feel like there are already so many counters. + the 5x damage seems a little over the top and unforgiving.
  • Battlegroup meds seem a little over the top when comparing them to the solv medics =/ maybe an equal balance would be at 6-7
  • panther shouldn't it have its rear armor adjusted to match comet? It basically fills the same role as the panther with less AT
5 May 2016, 22:24 PM

i find it hard to imagine sturmpio blobs.
5 May 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

i find it hard to imagine sturmpio blobs.

The most you will see is 2-3 but even still I feel like its a stretch due to their costs and upkeep. As long as you can put the shrek away I'm ok with I guess
5 May 2016, 22:52 PM

Read this news on the train.
WTF were they thinking... Sturmpios have mines, detector, flamenweffer (commander specific), second best close range infrantry, and now they want to give them shecks??

Just give 1 to the Volks ffs and call it a day.
5 May 2016, 22:53 PM

I dont think you can put them away. And i guess it will be 1 shrek for the sturmpios, but thats fine, because sturmpios have no nades to counter HMG`s like volks have, so it will be easier to supress them.
5 May 2016, 22:58 PM
Donator 11

pretty good changes, but its not like 90% werent anticipated...

and the guys complaining about schrecks: dont forget that okw has no sniper, therefore a sniper will be much better against a spio blob than against a volks blob. dat bleed :D
5 May 2016, 23:21 PM

mp44 Volks with panzerfaust snare and sturmpios with a shrek, awwww yeeeeah.
5 May 2016, 23:59 PM

Overall the changes are reasonable although I expected some new additions. There are a lot of units that need some buffs: M3 Half-track (health), flammpanzer 38 (damage), regular SdKfz 251 (slight supression), OKW flak-halftrack (health or better combat capabilities), Churchill smoke shouldn't slow down, pathfinders (damage), the sapper anvil package should be cheaper, the Panther should be better against infantry, the howitzers (precision or reload speed)...
6 May 2016, 00:17 AM
Patrion 14

Finally dear RNGesus halleluiah Schrecks on Sturmpios yes oh my god.

The most logical of all the solutions. Instantly unblobbable due to the squishiness of Sturms, added opportunity cost (Sturms on antivehicle duty = 1 less squad repairing or laying down defenses or sweeping mines). And yet they can go for one or two Schrecks.

AND they get a snare and raketen buffs. Overall I would say OKW has profited massively from this set of changes to the benefit of everyone involved, including allied factions.

Time will tell, but I can see this leading to a superior all conquering terminator blob.
In what way will a post-patch Schreckless Volk + Schrecked Sturmpios blob behave better than a pre-patch Schrecked Volk + Schreckless Sturmpios blob?
6 May 2016, 00:19 AM

The most logical of all the solutions. Instantly unblobbable due to the squishiness of Sturms, added opportunity cost (Sturms on antivehicle duty = 1 less squad repairing or laying down defenses or sweeping mines). And yet they can go for one or two Schrecks.

AND they get a snare and raketen buffs. Overall I would say OKW has profited massively from this set of changes to the benefit of everyone involved, including allied factions.

In what way will a post-patch Schreckless Volk + Schrecked Sturmpios blob behave better than a pre-patch Schrecked Volk + Schreckless Sturmpios blob?

stg volk blobs are pretty crazy right now actually.
6 May 2016, 00:20 AM
Patrion 14

WTF were they thinking... Sturmpios have mines, detector, flamenweffer (commander specific), second best close range infrantry, and now they want to give them shecks??
And you need like 6 squads to be able to do all the things you listed, which is 54 popcap (and the corresponding manpower drain). So yes please.
6 May 2016, 00:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The pop difference is important too. A Schreck SP blob leaves more space for their enemies just to get more infantry units to take care of them.
6 May 2016, 00:21 AM

So OKW get fausts, shreks, AND 3 non-doc tank destroyers...

And they buff the rak

Fuck that.

And they have a cheap / beter than maxim MG in every tech order.

Special snowflake faction remains special.

-----

And why the shit are MP44s non-doc but PPSH are???
6 May 2016, 00:27 AM

I dont really like some of the changes. Penals were fantastic with the previous changes, so i am a little upset. IS2 nerf was fair along with some other changes. Overall a mixed bag
6 May 2016, 00:28 AM

For those people who don't know yet

1. The SP Package is 1 Shrek (identical to old Volks Package)
2. You can't have both Flammenwerfer and Shrek
3. You can have both Sweeper and Shrek

6 May 2016, 00:30 AM
Patrion 26

You were lucky if you got to see a mixed unit blob. I've almost only ever seen massed gren blobs (sometimes with an officer, if they are feeling super tactical). Given how few negatives (mp cost is insignificant mid game, and at vet 4 they will survive well) there are to sturmpio blobs, I'm sure we'll see people at least attempt to switch to them.
Fingers crossed it isn't as effective, and we finally see an end to shrek blobs. But based on all my experiences against OKW players I'm pretty confident sturmpio blobs will do well and become OKW blobs MKII.
6 May 2016, 00:34 AM

Overall this is probably better because Sturms can't be blobbed like Volks due to their high cost / manpower drain and their need to get close to do any damage to infantry. Not to mention they can't use a flame nade to negate any HMG you might bring to the field to suppress them.
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS