Login

russian armor

Tommies need a damage nerf

• This thread is locked
4 May 2016, 22:13 PM

Banned
With their insane rate of fire and reload and ridiculously small received accuracy, they don't even allow you to fall back and snipe the remaining 2, 3 models.

They are overpwoered and should be brought on line with USF and other factions.
4 May 2016, 22:19 PM

That is totally wrong.

As an axis player I love running my Sturmpio or Assgrens into these guys.
4 May 2016, 22:19 PM

UKF is relics golden faction. No chance that will happen. They did it already and then rebuffed them shortly after.

Only chance is nerfing PIAT. When I play as UKF I put double PIAT's on all squads and it deals with everything from mg to tigers. They are literally the most damaging weapon in the game and the cheapest. I think that is a bigger issue with UKF.
4 May 2016, 22:38 PM

lol they are mostly fine.....only thing that MAYBE needs looking at is the double brens but other then that their fine for ther cost
4 May 2016, 22:48 PM

Have you tried retreating before you have last man on sliver of health?

Might help you, OP.
Kri
4 May 2016, 23:18 PM

As someone who played brit a lot recently. Tommies only snipe models when my opponent isnt paying attention and has around 10-15% health left for his 2 models.
4 May 2016, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 22:13 PMTechM
With their insane rate of fire and reload and ridiculously small received accuracy, they don't even allow you to fall back and snipe the remaining 2, 3 models.

They are overpwoered and should be brought on line with USF and other factions.

UKF Tommies pay for their high rate of fire with mediocre close/mid-range accuracy compared to other infantry, high accuracy penalties while moving, and a reliance on cover to use their full potential.

To beat Tommies you need to take advantage of their poor close-range DPS by getting close with Sturmpioneers, Panzergrenadiers, and Pioneers with flamethrowers. Forcing them to move with mortars, snipers, and grenades makes them easier to deal with as well.

More importantly, I'd suggest downloading the modding tools (here's a guide) to get a better idea of the stats. Balance suggestions work better when you give hard statistics (i.e., Tommy Lee-Enfield damage increased from 16 to 300). :)
5 May 2016, 00:07 AM

great first post OP, and one that's on the balance forum of all things

Maybe you should check the stats of tommies compared to rifles, it could help to strengthen your argument :thumb:
Vez
5 May 2016, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 22:19 PMRappy
UKF is relics golden faction. No chance that will happen. They did it already and then rebuffed them shortly after.

Only chance is nerfing PIAT. When I play as UKF I put double PIAT's on all squads and it deals with everything from mg to tigers. They are literally the most damaging weapon in the game and the cheapest. I think that is a bigger issue with UKF.
I truly hope you are kidding...
5 May 2016, 02:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 02:00 AMVez
I truly hope you are kidding...

If only I saved a replay of a game in ettlebruck station two nights ago. Hopped into the main building with three double piats and the passing tigers health diminished to nothingness. It was pretty fabulous. Also, yes mgs are swiftly dealt with too. What else could I be kidding about?

You know that piats are the only handheld AT that can hit the rear armour from the front?

Also I'm not the only one who does it. I face double piats all the time as axis. They are a pain in the butt crack.
5 May 2016, 02:50 AM

5 May 2016, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 02:20 AMRappy

If only I saved a replay of a game in ettlebruck station two nights ago. Hopped into the main building with three double piats and the passing tigers health diminished to nothingness. It was pretty fabulous. Also, yes mgs are swiftly dealt with too. What else could I be kidding about?

You know that piats are the only handheld AT that can hit the rear armour from the front?

Also I'm not the only one who does it. I face double piats all the time as axis. They are a pain in the butt crack.

ahhhh now i understand the problem. YOU PLAYED ON F****** ETTELBRÜCK CANCER!!
5 May 2016, 03:28 AM

ahhhh now i understand the problem. YOU PLAYED ON F****** ETTELBRÜCK CANCER!!

No cancer. I don't do cancer. It gives me these weird feelings inside. I guess you could call it guilt.
5 May 2016, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 22:19 PMRappy

It is getting nerfed in that it will only do 25% damage to infantry like all AT weapons now.
5 May 2016, 05:07 AM

lmao this thread
5 May 2016, 05:29 AM

Have you tried retreating before you have last man on sliver of health?

Might help you, OP.

Can you bring up that one pic of the guy with the funny looking doggy that says "X is OP I can't Y" then the guy says "oh no he's biased " :(

That would make my day...
5 May 2016, 06:41 AM

Tommies nerf, what next, conscripts nerf?
5 May 2016, 09:09 AM

If relic would announce such nerf, we would drown tears before they release the patch..
5 May 2016, 09:15 AM

Maybe you should fall back before your units are at 5% hp.

Tommies are the worst out of all mainline infantry squads when it comes to chasing down units. They have atrocious DPS when they are on the move and out of cover. If you are getting cut down on retreat by Tommies, you are the only one to blame.
5 May 2016, 09:18 AM

No need to nerf tommies. If there are OP problems with brits, I would rather mention the emplacements or the brace ability. But not tommies for sure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★