Login

russian armor

Relic: THE NEW WAR SPOILS SYSTEM

4 May 2016, 22:38 PM

Farewell, double SU sniper team +5% range of sight. :foreveralone:

I just wish I had more slots to use the 5 I have.
4 May 2016, 22:39 PM

Oh, come on. Bulletin stacking was fun.
4 May 2016, 22:55 PM

Anything is better than the current system. I haven't got more than one commander drop in the past 18+ months.

It does seem a bit vulnerable to farming/abuse though. Does stomping an AI in 10 minutes yield the same reward as a 40 minute game vs another player? What's to stop players collaborating in customs and ending the game via demo charge in a few minutes?
5 May 2016, 00:26 AM

I know people are worried about abusing the system but seriously who really cares? Lets say for example someone spends 15-25hrs "abusing" the system what will they gain?

Access to skins, decals and victory strikes? Maybe they unlock a bulletin they always wanted but it wont stack anyway.

The only thing they will access faster of real in game benefit is the commanders which lets face it anyone with a job above minimum wage will see better value working 1hr longer at work to unlock a number of commanders rather then farming AI for x amount of hours which would be about as fun as working.
5 May 2016, 00:35 AM

I would rather spend €20 on other game than €4 in CoH2. New system is bad because it will take ages to farm 15 000 points by casual player/new player.
5 May 2016, 02:48 AM

Can you also buy skins for the ingame currency?

You can buy anything that can be dropped before the Beta: Commanders, Skins, Victory Strikes, Bulletins and plates.

Some special items can't be acquired like Ardennes Assault Campaign Bulletins and Skins and Alpha Test Faceplates.
5 May 2016, 02:51 AM

I know people are worried about abusing the system but seriously who really cares? Lets say for example someone spends 15-25hrs "abusing" the system what will they gain?

Access to skins, decals and victory strikes? Maybe they unlock a bulletin they always wanted but it wont stack anyway.

The only thing they will access faster of real in game benefit is the commanders which lets face it anyone with a job above minimum wage will see better value working 1hr longer at work to unlock a number of commanders rather then farming AI for x amount of hours which would be about as fun as working.

According to my friends one can only get 24.000 Supply Points per day and that's roughly 4 Supply drops.
5 May 2016, 02:53 AM

I was hoping they would allow merging bulletins like 3 4% pen bulletins for the Firefly will merge I 1 12% pen bulletin! That would be nice!
5 May 2016, 03:24 AM

Without stacking, bulletins will be completely pointless.

Is that really such a bad thing, though? I think it would have been better had bulletins never been added in the first place (although their historical flavor text is a nice touch).
5 May 2016, 03:38 AM

DEATH TO STACKING
5 May 2016, 04:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 14:40 PMnee
I thought that's not now it works? If you stack three Grim Reap Tool bulletins the result isn't 75 munitions (5% x three equals 15%, so 90-15) but 77 (5% discounted from the total, re 5% of 85 equals 81, and 5% of 81 equals 77). Maybe it doesn't apply to other bulletins, or maybe just placebo effect?

its around 12% but its still useful!! :P
5 May 2016, 04:29 AM
Patrion 15

Much better implementation! So happy to see this finally making it's way to the live game.
5 May 2016, 04:58 AM

The idea that all items salvage for the same value seems off. If you get the luck for a better item it should be worth more.

Could go like this:
Common (White) Bulletin 250
Rare (Green) Bulletin 350
Rare (Blue) Bulletin 500
Victory Strikes 500
Faceplates 750
Skins 750
Common (White) Commander 1000
Rare (Green) Commander 1250
Rare (Blue) Commander 1500
5 May 2016, 05:28 AM

The idea that all items salvage for the same value seems off. If you get the luck for a better item it should be worth more.

Could go like this:
Common (White) Bulletin 250
Rare (Green) Bulletin 350
Rare (Blue) Bulletin 500
Victory Strikes 500
Faceplates 750
Skins 750
Common (White) Commander 1000
Rare (Green) Commander 1250
Rare (Blue) Commander 1500

Yeah, I am with you on this one. The idea that you get the same benefit from salvaging a rare commander as you do salvaging a rubbish common bulletin is a tad unbalanced. The salvage value could be based on a percentage of the cost to buy that item. eg. 10% or so.

One rather important thing to note is that they are reducing the likelihood of a commander dropping from warspoils.

I don't know by how much, but I would imagine that it would be pretty rare in the future for a commander to drop.
5 May 2016, 07:11 AM

Glad to see stacking done away with. Rest looks serviceable, if uninspired.
5 May 2016, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 05:28 AMyaggus
I don't know by how much, but I would imagine that it would be pretty rare in the future for a commander to drop.
Mind you that there currently is the chance of getting a duplicate commander (I got about 4 duplicates dropped). So after all I expect the new system to be less frustrating than the old system. In the end you might get less commanders. But you get useful commanders easier at least through the points.

You can buy anything that can be dropped before the Beta: Commanders, Skins, Victory Strikes, Bulletins and plates.
Thank you.
5 May 2016, 11:16 AM

If I've done my calcs right, the implementation of this new system should give me enough supply to get the remaining commanders I want but don't yet have.

So I guess overall I'm in favour, even though removing bulletin stacking without improving the bulletins themselves is definitely a bad move.
5 May 2016, 12:10 PM

It's a good system. Should have been here since release but still.
5 May 2016, 12:57 PM

It's kinda funny / ironic how at release most people hated the idea of bulletins and now a bunch of people complain about losing their stacked bonuses. Death to the rich - until you become one.

I think bulletins were always a horrible design idea to begin with, and what Relic is doing here is basically killing it without causing (too much) loss aversion on players. You can still pretend your +2% whatever bulletin will make any difference in the game, but it really won't. And I think that's good.
5 May 2016, 14:58 PM

It's kinda funny / ironic how at release most people hated the idea of bulletins and now a bunch of people complain about losing their stacked bonuses. Death to the rich - until you become one.

I think bulletins were always a horrible design idea to begin with, and what Relic is doing here is basically killing it without causing (too much) loss aversion on players. You can still pretend your +2% whatever bulletin will make any difference in the game, but it really won't. And I think that's good.

Agreed in full.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W