Login

russian armor

Resource Caches

1 May 2016, 02:35 AM

After much consideration, I've come to the conclusion that the OKW is in need of the ability to construct resource caches for fuel/munitions. For the purpose of securing cutoffs and territory as well as resource production.

Being the only faction out of five factions that cannot produce them, the other four being of course The Ostheer, USF, UKF, and Soviets, leaves the faction at a tactical and strategic disadvantage that can prove crippling to overall gameplay of that faction.

I am open to discussion on this matter however, and would appreciate reasonable debate over whether or not the OKW should be able to construct caches.
1 May 2016, 03:11 AM

Caches = no scavenge
1 May 2016, 03:45 AM

caches or scavenge and vet 5. You pick. Sure they lack caches, but they get other benefits to compensate
1 May 2016, 04:40 AM
Patrion 27

Caches = no scavenge

Exactly.
1 May 2016, 04:53 AM

Caches = no scavenge

Wouldn't bother me, can make it doctrinal with the JLI, just like the UKF and the Soviets have doctrinal scavenging. Besides, scavenge doesn't really bring in that many resources unless you're in a game of two idiots throwing away tons of light vehicles.
Exactly.

Echooooooo

caches or scavenge and vet 5. You pick. Sure they lack caches, but they get other benefits to compensate

Not sure how Vet-5 has anything to do with economy and caches, that'd be like saying "Caches or Tanks and Call In Arty", makes absolutely no sense.
1 May 2016, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 04:53 AMSierra

Not sure how Vet-5 has anything to do with economy and caches, that'd be like saying "Caches or Tanks and Call In Arty", makes absolutely no sense.

It implies focusing on unit preservation as opposed to mass production. OKW has FEWER (more expensive and harder to get without caches) but more elite tanks. Thats the idea. No caches and scavenge gives the OKW that late war feel which relic said is intended. Its sort of the grandpa of all factions. The retired veteran Ostheer composed of ostheer veterans (obers) and new recruits (volks) in a desperate attempt to push the enemies back.
1 May 2016, 07:14 AM

How about giving them their fuel to munis conversion back instead?

OKW and their relationship with caches has almost everything to do with team games. Caches aren't really that common in 1v1s, and I don't think I've ever seen building caches strictly to keep a point secured to be particularly effective in terms of manpower since most units capable of maneuvering around to undefended cutoffs can usually make pretty short work of OPs.
1 May 2016, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 02:35 AMSierra
Being the only faction out of five factions that cannot produce them, the other four being of course The Ostheer, USF, UKF, and Soviets, leaves the faction at a tactical and strategic disadvantage that can prove crippling to overall gameplay of that faction.

I'd say that this economic disadvantage is there to compensate for the factions extraordinary veterancy bonuses.
1 May 2016, 07:34 AM

I'd say that this economic disadvantage is there to compensate for the factions extraordinary veterancy bonuses.

I agree OKW doesn't need any caches. With caches you'll let them get tanks and unlimited grenades which they shouldn't
1 May 2016, 07:43 AM

If we talk about resourses - why Ostheers actually have such cool thing like Opel Blitz? I think, if we will look at CoH2's design USSR deserves more income-increase units, than Ostheer, cos in late game only thing, that USSR can do is spam weak but cheap units, like SU-76 or T-34-76.

Ostheers already have 100% normal income, caches and prety powerful units, which doesn't require spam. Maybe Relic should give Gaz-MM or ZIS-5 trucks to USSR in some doctrines, like Soviet Industry for to increase late game incomes and make late game spam more real?

It would be also realistic - in late war allies had way more war resourses, than axis. But in CoH 2 it seems like axis had 10 times more with Opels, Luftwaffe 200MP-drops and such things... It just isn't right.
nee
1 May 2016, 09:34 AM

Since the OP refers to sector cutoff as well as resources, the resources is already handled (theoretically anyways) by scavenge. This means that all they need is some way to secure sectors, similar to USF Major's vet3, and COH1's Panzer Elite toggle ability for their 221 scout car.
Perhaps Kubel could be used for that? Toggle to lock down, cannot move, but prevents enemies from stealing sectors. Either put him in a faraway place, or put MGs nearby to keep it alive. Can't kill Kubel? Well you suck since it's only heavier than Ambulance.
1 May 2016, 10:07 AM

No, but I'd like scavenging crew weapons (eg. decrewed mortars) to give munitions rather than fuel. Vehicle wrecks would still give fuel.
1 May 2016, 10:38 AM

i can allow you to build cash if you give up forward trucks, free grenades and AT snare, which soviet need to upgrade to use. OKW also should give up zero-tier AT gun and zero-tier vehicle and free medics and forward retreat point upgrade for cash.

you have to see what OKW has first before you see what OKW doesn't have.
1 May 2016, 11:11 AM

You mean the nerfed veterancy?
1 May 2016, 12:06 PM

You mean the nerfed veterancy?

Pretty much every OKW unit has better total vet bonuses than the units of the other factions.

Not having fuel/ammo cashes is a fair tradeoff.
1 May 2016, 12:13 PM

Okw does not need caches. Period.
1 May 2016, 12:32 PM

Okw does not need caches. Period.

+1
1 May 2016, 13:27 PM

OKW already have 3 resource caches

It's called their Tech Structures

They can even be used on Fuel or Muni Points unlike normal caches.
2 May 2016, 01:02 AM

Pretty much every OKW unit has better total vet bonuses than the units of the other factions.

Not having fuel/ammo cashes is a fair tradeoff.

Except getting a Vet-bonus isn't a guarantee, nor does it produce munitions or fuel.

Besides, Vet-5 can be categorized as "Faction Flavor" same as how USF still have that obscene tank exploit where they can just hop out of vehicles to reduce popcap, build more tanks, and then send a horde of tanks at 150/100 popcap.

OKW already have 3 resource caches

It's called their Tech Structures

They can even be used on Fuel or Muni Points unlike normal caches.

Their tech structures don't lock down strategic points. (Exception, the Schwerer Panzer HQ's FlaK gun makes attacking a point difficult, but not impossible)

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 09:34 AMnee
Since the OP refers to sector cutoff as well as resources, the resources is already handled (theoretically anyways) by scavenge. This means that all they need is some way to secure sectors, similar to USF Major's vet3, and COH1's Panzer Elite toggle ability for their 221 scout car.
Perhaps Kubel could be used for that? Toggle to lock down, cannot move, but prevents enemies from stealing sectors. Either put him in a faraway place, or put MGs nearby to keep it alive. Can't kill Kubel? Well you suck since it's only heavier than Ambulance.

This, is actually very constructive, I like that.
2 May 2016, 02:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OKW needs something else to spend manpower on besides units, but not caches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★