Login

russian armor

So i tried PvP today for the first time

28 Apr 2016, 22:17 PM

and it went to hell so i would like to know how can panzershrecks have further range then a sherman? And how can they hit better then a sherman? And yeah i tried kiting but the shrecks managed to shoot further then what the tank itself could so i dont get it? How do you use the sherman when shrecks have further range then them? Cause this really sent me back from ever playing pvp again, i had no trouble with infantry infantry but it was when vehicle infantry vehicle infantry started it all went to hell,

So the point of this thread

How do you use a Sherman successfully against german infantry when their panzerfausts & shrecks apparently have 10x further range then your tank ?

Hell i even had no trouble dodging stukas because i saw their shadow in the game and the noise, i just could not defeat the anti tank infantry since they blobbed and had both infantry & anti tank
28 Apr 2016, 22:20 PM

You pump rifleman like a Wh**e and equip them with bars/1919 and have 2 RE with zooks to counter the tanks. Rifleman will destroy poor volks because they cannot handle them. Heck! no can control that blob unless they got vet 3 obers.
28 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM
Strategist Badge

Have you tried watching top players streaming their games? It can be a great way to learn. Luvnest is a good one to watch, great player and plenty of video to go though.

And come the new patch you wont have to worry so much about shrecks on all the infantry.

Hope you get better and enjoy games more!
29 Apr 2016, 05:58 AM

The Sherman does not have less range than a panzerschreck. However, the range difference isn't massive and unless you're reacting quickly you will get caught by them. Please note that the range on your main gun is higher than your sight radius is - if the Sherman is scouting for itself, you only have a few meters of difference between spotting them and them firing at you. If you have other units providing line of sight, it's easier to kite them.

Shermans, even with HE rounds, are only so so at taking on volks blobs. You will be constantly retreating from them which is not good. However you should have infantry to support you. In general, your infantry should be focussed on countering their infantry - if they have heavily invested in volksgrenadiers with combat package upgrades, then you should be heavily investing in either M1919 LMG upgrades (for infantry company or tactical support company) or into BARs for your men.

You will run into situations where they will deploy obersoldaten as the counter to your infantry in addition to their volksgrenadiers. This can be tricky to deal with, it depends on the situation. You can focus fire them first and then deal with the volks with impunity, or you can try to use your Sherman in conjunction with infantry to take on both simultaneously, the infantry focus firing the volks so that your Sherman can attack the Obers.
29 Apr 2016, 06:09 AM

The Panzershreck blob is a serious issue that is being addressed with the current preview mod (removing the panzershreck from volksgrenadiers).

However the range of a Sherman is not less than the range of a Panzershreck. If your Sherman is on the move and the Volksgrenadiers move too, there is a much higher chance for the Shreck to miss (though your Sherman's gun will miss a lot more often too).

But that's the reason why should never leave a tank without inf support. While the Volks hunt down the Sherman, your infantry kills them while being in cover.
29 Apr 2016, 07:14 AM

Hey mate and welcome to the hell that is COH 2 multiplayer! ;)

Keep in mind that it is a totally different game while playing against humans and you have to use totally different build orders, tactics and so on.

I recommend watching some top Players casts and streams to get an idea how this all works. I personally like the Propagandacast a lot. It´s like watching Football for me. ;)

After that head over to the state Office department of the Forums and ask for some adive. There are very friendly people there who will help you improve quite quickly.

Also a litte tip from me, from noob to noob so to say! ;) Try playing a few games with every faction or better try playing them all on a regular Basis. This will help you understand your opponents better and will Show you the limits of his Units and such.

Don´t be discuraged. It´s a game with a rough start but it also get´s very rewarding if you get the hang of it.

Also the first ten matches are your Placements. There is a huge possibility that you´ll Play against much more skilled opponents. During that 10 games the game will estimate your skill Level to match you qith equally skilled Players after that. You just have to bite through those 10 matches. It gets better, I promise! ;)
29 Apr 2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Editor Badge

and it went to hell so i would like to know how can panzershrecks have further range then a sherman?

The way this works is that if a schreck hits is determined when it is fired, so range is only relevant then. Once the Volks got the schreck off, you can't evade anymore. Even if you'd manage to teleport your tank across the map, the schreck still would hit.

If you are backing off, it often seems like the schreck has a much larger range, because it follows the tank. But it still means the tank has been in range when the schreck was fired.

Panzerfausts, btw., have a much shorter range (20-ish?)

As others have pointed out infantry screen is key, for various reasons:

• The Volks will launch their first volley at the infantry. So, you could then go in with the tank while the schrecks are reloaded. Or maybe better, wait for the schreck-blob to be routed by your infantry and hunt them done on retreat with HE shells :) (which of course comes with some risk as well...)
  • The infantry scouts for the tank; no point in charging into a PaK wall.
  • Infantry gives sight for the tank
29 Apr 2016, 14:20 PM

Multiplayer is scary at first.

It gets better. There is a preview mod coming up of things that will be changing.

I am not good but I used to be muuuuch worse. I highly suggest watching some Propgandacast. If you can get past Dane's cadence (he speaks at a very fast clip compared to what Im used to hearing) you can start to see patterns of why certain players do certain things and you can start to know ranges a little more organically.
29 Apr 2016, 14:24 PM
Patrion 14

Hey buddy, the easiest way for us to help you would be if you could give us a replay of you playing. Post it in a new thread in the state office and you will get help quite quickly.

You won't get much good feedback in this section of the forum, unfortunately.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★