Login

russian armor

Tank Crush

27 Apr 2016, 22:24 PM

This might be premature, but seeing as the patch has been delayed there is plenty of time to shoot the shit.

Anyone think in their right mind that since this preview balance mod will nerf axis blobs, and rifle blobs are untouched, that the superior allied tank crush ability should be heavily nerfed?

It's a bullshit imbalance in the game - was originally intended to help deal with axis blobs, but now that is not needed. How's about it?

It's just funny that a dedicated Anti Infantry tank like a luchs or ostwind can stand in front of a rifle squad and take one model off every five or so seconds, and an M10 (a tank destroyer) can just roll up to a bunch of grens or volks and kill half the models instantaneously.
27 Apr 2016, 22:26 PM

I wish all these armchair balance experts spamming threads about doom and gloom of axis actually played the mod themselves and stopped acting like whining sissies...
27 Apr 2016, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:26 PMKatitof
I wish all these armchair balance experts spamming threads about doom and gloom of axis actually played the mod themselves and stopped acting like whining sissies...

I've played mirageflas mod if thats what you are talking about. Now how's about you stay on topic? Perhaps answer the post instead of just cutting it off like you tend to do.
27 Apr 2016, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:26 PMKatitof

It's not like this is something new.

Tank crush is mosly okay, the only offender is, in my opinion, the cromwell, it's crush is simply over the top. Even lone squads can get run over effortlessly. M10 crush is something I rarely encountered in CoH2, but that does not mean it's not a problem.
27 Apr 2016, 22:34 PM

M10 crush seems just as lethal as Cromwell crush. Don't know which stats cover that though so can't compare.
27 Apr 2016, 22:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

stay on topic please
27 Apr 2016, 22:38 PM

I'm not sure why mediums, Allied or Axis, have the ability to crush in the first place, to be frank. Is it really necessary?
27 Apr 2016, 22:39 PM

It makes sense in terms of realism, but it doesn't have to be soooo deadly and soooo imbalanced.
But it should probably take health off and then only sometimes kill instantly.
27 Apr 2016, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:38 PMDaciaJC
I'm not sure why mediums, Allied or Axis, have the ability to crush in the first place, to be frank. Is it really necessary?

Is directional cover necessary?

Crush is just another element of gameplay. And it makes sense for the same reason infantry cannot damage armor with small arms fire unlike many other RTS games.

PS This topic doesn't even make sense since now both Axis factions mainline infantry have vehicle snares. So you're actually going to be able to better defend your blobs from crushes than before when OKW had no snare and Cromwells / M10s could just speed in, shake off Shrek shots, and murder everything.

Another option is to just.... ya know, not blob so the crush is less of a threat.
27 Apr 2016, 22:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:38 PMDaciaJC

Probably a necessity, or it could be literally possible for blobs to block tanks when they're next to terrain features. Crushing happens when infantry fails to get out of a vehicle moving into them - if they didn't die from it, the vehicle would be blocked by them, so without crushing, infantry next to terrain they can't walk through would block tanks from going through them either. Unless of course they made vehicles phase through infantry that can't get out of the way (probably something they'd rather not do for obvious reasons).

Of course, the Cromwell can run infantry over as they try to get away from it like all the time as long as its microed, soooooooo... :romeoHairDay:

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:39 PMRappy
It makes sense in terms of realism, but it doesn't have to be soooo deadly and soooo imbalanced.
But it should probably take health off and then only sometimes kill instantly.

Maybe possible, though I'm sure they'd have to program a new facet into the game for that which I'd then have to say I wouldn't count on it from there.

Were they to curb it, they'd probably just reduce the relevant stats of the vehicles that are especially good at it.
27 Apr 2016, 22:52 PM

"Let's remove everything that is fun or could possibly harm my blob."

And if you don't know how to avoid casualties against crush - Let me tell you a secret:
27 Apr 2016, 22:54 PM

Ideally, it could be balanced around maybe Blitzkreig abilities having similar crush to M10 or Cromwell on say a P4 or a Panther for instance.

But Tank crush is here to stay, I'm perfectly fine with this mechanic.
27 Apr 2016, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:51 PMLuGer33

Is directional cover necessary?

Crush is just another element of gameplay. And it makes sense for the same reason infantry cannot damage armor with small arms fire unlike many other RTS games.

PS This topic doesn't even make sense since now both Axis factions mainline infantry have vehicle snares. So you're actually going to be able to better defend your blobs from crushes than before when OKW had no snare and Cromwells / M10s could just speed in, shake off Shrek shots, and murder everything.

Another option is to just.... ya know, not blob so the crush is less of a threat.

I'm fine with it as a game mechanic. I just find the devastation of it a bit over the top and the imbalance a bit galling. Particularly now schrek volks are queued for extinction.

And your last comment is a non comment since I don't really tend to have more than 3 volks in my build as okw and even one squad gets devastated by an m10's presence. Its about 300% more efficient at murder than dedicated anti infantry tanks.
27 Apr 2016, 23:12 PM

"Let's remove everything that is fun or could possibly harm my blob."

And if you don't know how to avoid casualties against crush - Let me tell you a secret:

I don't want it removed, just balanced.

Why should a tank destroyer have a free force retreat mechanic?
27 Apr 2016, 23:14 PM

It was never "originally intended to deal with axis blobs" which is why EVERY MEDIUM+ can crush.. it's just unfortunate that most allied tanks are faster than their axis counter part.

That being said, have you seen what P4's/Panthers can do to allied blobs with blitzkreig?

Please stop these threads.

also playercard please.
27 Apr 2016, 23:16 PM

If a tank has closed into melee range with your infantry squads hasn't something already gone horribly wrong?
27 Apr 2016, 23:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If a tank has closed into melee range with your infantry squads hasn't something already gone horribly wrong?

But muh satchel charges :foreveralone:
27 Apr 2016, 23:29 PM

Not sure you have noticed but medium tanks travel faster than infantry.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 23:14 PMpugzii
It was never "originally intended to deal with axis blobs" which is why EVERY MEDIUM+ can crush.. it's just unfortunate that most allied tanks are faster than their axis counter part.

That being said, have you seen what P4's/Panthers can do to allied blobs with blitzkreig?

Fair enough, it wasn't intended but it was a pretty convenient allied anti-blob tool.

Being crushed is not some kind of l2p issue. Crushing of infantry is seen in ESL and top ranked games all the time. Especially Cromwell crush. But I'm glad I offered you another platform on which to wantonly patronise.

Yes I have seen blitzkrieg crush but it's a vet ability, therefore asymmetrical.
27 Apr 2016, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:51 PMVuther

Probably a necessity, or it could be literally possible for blobs to block tanks when they're next to terrain features. Crushing happens when infantry fails to get out of a vehicle moving into them - if they didn't die from it, the vehicle would be blocked by them, so without crushing, infantry next to terrain they can't walk through would block tanks from going through them either. Unless of course they made vehicles phase through infantry that can't get out of the way (probably something they'd rather not do for obvious reasons).

This makes good sense. I've just always found it a tad silly that mediums with high speed and/or acceleration (Cromwell, Panzer IV with blitz) or even something like the T-34/76 often manage to dispatch even a couple of infantry squads more quickly by running them over than by using their vehicle's weapons.
27 Apr 2016, 23:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 23:38 PMDaciaJC

This makes good sense. I've just always found it a tad silly that mediums with high speed and/or acceleration (Cromwell, Panzer IV with blitz) or even something like the T-34/76 often manage to dispatch even a couple of infantry squads more quickly by running them over than by using their vehicle's weapons.

If they specifically really wanted to prevent crushing happening from medium tanks turning into infantry, they could reduce faster tanks' ability to turn across the board.

I would be pretty against though because vehicle pathfinding makes me cry enough as is, I'd only really understand doing it to M10 and Cromwell.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★