Login

russian armor

Tank Crush

27 Apr 2016, 23:48 PM

Infantry Shoukd have the ability to slow down armour, beit something that you place (kinda like a button that if they drive over it it will slow them down untik they repair) or like.. An object that can be thrown at (or maybe propelled by like.. A disposable launch tube?) that can effect the speed in the same way that the "speed Button" would. But alas, were stuck with mines and snares to stop the enemy from driving their expensive tank into our dirt cheap (relatively) infantry squads.
27 Apr 2016, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 22:24 PMRappy
This might be premature, but seeing as the patch has been delayed there is plenty of time to shoot the shit.

Anyone think in their right mind that since this preview balance mod will nerf axis blobs, and rifle blobs are untouched, that the superior allied tank crush ability should be heavily nerfed?

It's a bullshit imbalance in the game - was originally intended to help deal with axis blobs, but now that is not needed. How's about it?

It's just funny that a dedicated Anti Infantry tank like a luchs or ostwind can stand in front of a rifle squad and take one model off every five or so seconds, and an M10 (a tank destroyer) can just roll up to a bunch of grens or volks and kill half the models instantaneously.

I'm with yer OP.
Axis get the short end of the stick with this mod.
I hope it doesnt get to the main game.
28 Apr 2016, 00:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Infantry should fear tanks. It takes skill to crush and it takes skill to dodge, lets not take out mechanics keeping the game competitive.
28 Apr 2016, 05:37 AM

Nice to see, miragefla just nerfed the Cromwell tank crush ability.
28 Apr 2016, 07:02 AM

Infantry snares should simply stun the vehicles for a few seconds when they do not cause engine damage.
28 Apr 2016, 07:05 AM

Crush is worst than COH1 because COH2 unit movement and pathfinding is so bad.

Units sticky themselves to cover no matter where you click in a certain area and that clumps them making them easily crushable.

Pathfinding is also abominable in this game with units getting stuck inside each other and other nonsense. It makes flanks much, much more difficult than they were in COH1 which had a more simple pathfinding code base.

Basic problem is just how badly this game microes and how the unit input gets worse as more units fill up the map.
28 Apr 2016, 09:12 AM

All tanks can crush, just some of them doing it better because of better acceleration/speed. Press T to retreat, no other counterplay.
28 Apr 2016, 11:41 AM

The problem with crush is that the crushing ability of each vehicle is not factor in to the cost or the role of vehicle, so it is unbalanced.

Adding a small stun or speed reduction to tanks snares that do not do engine damage or a stun to hand help AT weapon firing at very close range would probably be enough to fix the problem.

Crush would still be in the game but it would be more dangerous to pull off
28 Apr 2016, 11:47 AM

disable the crush ability when the tank is snared. its lame when a cromwell with 3km/h can still crush you whole squad if microed right. dont want to retreat everytime i see a tank ;-)
28 Apr 2016, 11:53 AM

M10 and Cronwell crush is just too much, rest is fine.
28 Apr 2016, 14:24 PM

For those curious, m10 is only slightly better at crushing than croms BC it has slightly better acceleration. Rest is the same.

Crush is super fun and is less of an issue now BC volks have snares instead. Snares are counter to crush.
28 Apr 2016, 16:05 PM

Snares are counter to crush.

Not really since one need multiple snares hits to cause engine damage (and can still crush infantry).

Further more USF crew can fix the damage in matter of seconds and at a very low price.
28 Apr 2016, 16:23 PM

When volks did not have a snare it was FAR easier to just yolo a T34/Crom/What have you into them and push/crush as best you could. This was a completely viable way to punish a blob.

There were times where this was utterly frustrating horse shit but they were rare. Eg : My infantry get out of a building at the wrong time and are rundown by a stray P4. While frustrating I could have easily avoided the situation by using another door.

Don't blob and if a tank is doing the dance to crush your squad it's time to retreat. If you don't like that there's not much that can be done for you. Unless you just walked around the corner at the wrong time and lost a squad there is usually a good bit of warning that's what hes going for.
28 Apr 2016, 17:32 PM

No they don't need there pathing fucked up both work great as flanking tanks because of there speed and acceleration.

Just because volks won't have shreks does not mean they will not blob them we will see.

You also forget that okw will have faust now.... that is going to make it a lot more risky think about it.
28 Apr 2016, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 16:05 PMMyself

Not really since one need multiple snares hits to cause engine damage (and can still crush infantry).

Further more USF crew can fix the damage in matter of seconds and at a very low price.

It still hugely negates the usage of crush. Hit it once with something else or double faust it and crush isn't a problem anymore.
28 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM

It still hugely negates the usage of crush. Hit it once with something else or double faust it and crush isn't a problem anymore.

The fact that there answer to crush humans does not mean that thing are fine and should not be improved. By adding a small stun or slow to AT snares one solve the issue very easily...
WHO
28 Apr 2016, 20:30 PM

28 Apr 2016, 21:39 PM

Also by the time you have an m10 or cromwell I mean you should damn well have a stug or pz4 or puma even something that is going to deter the user from running over your troops over and over. Only takes one hit from any of those + faust and that tank is prolly screwed... i mean i really don't see how its a problem when volks will have faust.

I feel like just because okw will have to pay side tech like every other faction does then we must have 50 post on trying to nerf something allied. These coming changes are things that should have been thought about long before relic decided to "redesign" okw.
28 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM

M10 is the only one that should lose crush. It's supposed to be an AT only unit.

It makes the m10 so good that no one even notices the rest of the commander is absolute shit.
30 Apr 2016, 20:50 PM

I dunno. I watched Luvnest (obviously an elite level player) have one of his Panzer Grenadier squads insta-killed by an M10 in a recent match (think it was on Arnhem Checkpoint). Looked pretty stupid to me.

Personally I'd remove all infantry crushing from the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 779
Russian Federation 32
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L