Login

russian armor

Panzerfausts need a change.

• This thread is locked
27 Apr 2016, 01:17 AM

So I've seen the upcoming patch and agree with some of the changes (not all of them, OKW might be getting a little more than bargained for in nerfs). One of the biggest things that needs to be changed is the panzerfaust ability. Not only does it do massive damage to light vehicles but it also damages the engine basically guaranteeing a kill. As it stands it only takes 2 fausts to destroy a light vehicle and with the added engine damage it makes it pointless to even bother making light vehicles.

The panzerfaust ability is *supposed* to be a desperation ability if you are on the field and don't have any anti-tank weapons out, but as it stands it is all you need to eliminate light vehicles instantly from the field.

So suggested changes (which need to be implemented if you want a balanced game and a diverse army instead of just blobbing units) are this:

1. Remove engine damage from the panzerfaust ability.

OR

2. Reduce damage significantly and leave engine damage.

It should be one or the other, not both.
27 Apr 2016, 01:33 AM

The panzerfaust ability is *supposed* to be a desperation ability if you are on the field and don't have any anti-tank weapons out, but as it stands it is all you need to eliminate light vehicles instantly from the field.

No, it's not.

It's a vehicle 'snare'; it traps vehicles so other AT can take them out. And since (iirc) engine crits (or really any crits) can only happen once vehicle HP reaches a certain point (percentage based), it needs that damage for it to be able to snare.

27 Apr 2016, 01:38 AM

all AT snares instantly kill light vehicles. The Riflemen's are the ones with the highest damage. Panzerfaust has normal damage. Please read stats before posting about a certain unit.
27 Apr 2016, 01:50 AM

all AT snares instantly kill light vehicles. The Riflemen's are the ones with the highest damage. Panzerfaust has normal damage. Please read stats before posting about a certain unit.

What's your source for the rifle AT nade doing any more damage? From what I've seen, it does 100 damage, just like every other AT nade in the game (Except the British one)
Also, I don't know of any light vehicles with 100 health. Even the ambulance has 160 iirc.
27 Apr 2016, 01:52 AM

I have read the stats. As I stated against light vehicles it's considered instant death making it pointless to field a utility car or so forth which forces me to make more infantry and directing the game into a blob fight. The damage against tanks is not the issue, it's the early-mid game that needs to balance out and this issue is one of them. Also the faust ability doesn't lag and take forever to use unlike the riflemen ability which takes FOREVER to get off and you have to be vet 1 for it.
27 Apr 2016, 01:56 AM

Just kite them.

Vehicle range > Faust range.
27 Apr 2016, 02:11 AM

Fausts are fine and a needed part of OST design if you remove the snare they are helpless against light vehicles and you can't reduce damage or else the snare doesn't work against medium or heavy tanks. They are fine.

You have to learn how to kite Grenadiers and avoid fausts - its just how Allied light vehicle play works; properly executed its very effective but if you get fausted then its game over man.
27 Apr 2016, 02:54 AM

Fausts are fine and a needed part of OST design if you remove the snare they are helpless against light vehicles and you can't reduce damage or else the snare doesn't work against medium or heavy tanks. They are fine.

You have to learn how to kite Grenadiers and avoid fausts - its just how Allied light vehicle play works; properly executed its very effective but if you get fausted then its game over man.

That's exactly the point, you shouldn't get fausted once and have it be GG for your vehicle....does US have an early game ability that can instantly kill a light vehicle? It's impossible to kite units if your opponent goes mass MG squads. I know the patch is going to finally allow US to (hopefully) effectively deal with units in buildings thanks to the mortar team, but that still doesn't help the early-mid game light vehicles being pointless to make.

Again I want to see an all around game with every unit being viable rather than saying "No it's pointless to make that unit since it will just die instantly".
27 Apr 2016, 03:02 AM

If you think that fausts mean that allied light vehicles are useless, it's simply a learn to play issue.
27 Apr 2016, 03:07 AM

Fausts are fine now, without them Grens would be a very mediocre unit and it would mess up Ostheer pretty bad. Now that they don't always get engine damage they're fine. It takes quite a few to kill a light tank and putting all those muns into 3+ fausts means you miss those critical LMG or shrek upgrades.

I think it would be alright to lock them behind battle phase 1 tech to give early game vehicles a chance, provided those vehicles had an mp cost increase to compensate.
27 Apr 2016, 03:12 AM
27 Apr 2016, 03:15 AM

So I've seen the upcoming patch and agree with some of the changes (not all of them, OKW might be getting a little more than bargained for in nerfs). One of the biggest things that needs to be changed is the panzerfaust ability. Not only does it do massive damage to light vehicles but it also damages the engine basically guaranteeing a kill. As it stands it only takes 2 fausts to destroy a light vehicle and with the added engine damage it makes it pointless to even bother making light vehicles.

So suggested changes (which need to be implemented if you want a balanced game and a diverse army instead of just blobbing units) are this:

1. Remove engine damage from the panzerfaust ability.

OR

2. Reduce damage significantly and leave engine damage.

It should be one or the other, not both.

Riflemen & Conscript AT nades??

L2P hypocrite
27 Apr 2016, 03:20 AM
Donator 22

Guyzzzz it's 2Hard2Kite

Lul

The AT-snares are one of the best working mechanics in this game. For axis, it synergizes the whole arming and allows punishment of an over-aggressive allied player. However, it still allows medium vehicle/heavy rushes to be effective by forcing 2 nades. It's honestly so well thought out.
27 Apr 2016, 03:22 AM

That's exactly the point, you shouldn't get fausted once and have it be GG for your vehicle....does US have an early game ability that can instantly kill a light vehicle? It's impossible to kite units if your opponent goes mass MG squads. I know the patch is going to finally allow US to (hopefully) effectively deal with units in buildings thanks to the mortar team, but that still doesn't help the early-mid game light vehicles being pointless to make.

Again I want to see an all around game with every unit being viable rather than saying "No it's pointless to make that unit since it will just die instantly".

So don't get fausted... that's the point lol. Nothing is impossible - if he has multiple Gren squads chasing down your vehicle what are your squads doing? If his Grens are chasing you trying to faust then your Rifles will tear them apart (don't have your vehicle alone without screening troops if you are getting fausted often). Screening troops also help you survive if you do get fausted and can cover your retreat or a fast repair critical to drive away. You just have to practice your micro... saying a light vehicles are pointless is just a cop out there isn't much more to it than that.

Its no different then chasing down a snared 222 with bazookas or AT grenades as Soviets.
27 Apr 2016, 03:29 AM

As a USF player who happens to be on the receiving end of the Panzerfaust, its really balanced in my opinion. It just matters of awareness that grenadiers can fire it off anytime the light vehicles get in the way.

Besides, snipers would barely survive the oncoming M20s if the Panzerfaust gets changed.
27 Apr 2016, 05:22 AM
Donator 22

You mean remove engine damage to rofl stomp through my troops, say Hi and drive away? No thanks :P ;)

The Panzerfaust ist fine, like all other snares.(brits still crying)
I only have to admit, that of all snares, the USF one is often bugged and this damn minimum range -_-
27 Apr 2016, 05:34 AM

It is a AT nade so it is balanced along with the others.

Also it takes more than 2 fausts to kill a vehicle. It takes like 3-4 and you need to factor in the high muni cost. Even if they get the kill, they would have probably used up all their muni to do it.
27 Apr 2016, 05:40 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

My opinion: No change needed

My advice: Kite
27 Apr 2016, 06:21 AM

lolwut? Snaring is a fundamental mechanism in this game which you probably have prblems understanding.
27 Apr 2016, 06:58 AM

What is up with all these utter scrub threads just exploding after notes were released?

Pfaust is fine and so are any other snares.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★