Login

russian armor

These OKW HQ nerfs are over the top

25 Apr 2016, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 12:33 PMKatitof

Because that is how the faction is designed from the get go.
Deal with it or play faction with easier access to healing, but no free AA/area denial/durable FRP.

OKW have plenty of other things going in their favor, which other factions do not have as stock options.
8 min stuka? Rushed katy is what? 14 min? Want to discuss the costs of getting pwerfer?

Factions are getting different stuff at different times and at different costs.
Either backtech for med HQ, like everyone always did, because this is how you play OKW, or spam med crates with all the ammo you'll have saved on shrecks.

Wow you really don't get this do you? It is becoming futile to debate with you, but I will try one more time.

As the faction was originally designed you got trucks dispatched for free. FREE. Then in the big redesign they added a cost for dispatch. So when you say the current cost for back tech is how faction was designed, you just aren't talking straight. To be clear I think it's fine right now to back tech for healing. It's more pricey than other factions if all you want is medics, but you get some advantages and it's close enough. But add on the proposed 100mp and 15 more fuel and a bunch more research time and things start to look extortionate. 400mp 55 fuel and 3 research/build delays is just not cool and not close to how faction was designed, if that was your pathetic defense above.

I do play other factions with easier access to medics. Each faction has an advantage and disadvantage to their medic deployment, so you can't blame the okw specific advantages for the extra costs.
25 Apr 2016, 18:52 PM

foreal foreal foreal tho that med truck nerf is suprising its not like okw is healing to fast or not being punished for healing on field enough...this shout NOT cost fuel this should be 250MP!!! not fuel for stationary medics. the other HQ with engineers i ok cuz they have inf repair already and all building repair cost resources
25 Apr 2016, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 18:39 PMRappy

Wow you really don't get this do you? It is becoming futile to debate with you, but I will try one more time.

Lets see which one of us doesn't get it at the end.
I'll be happy to rip your post apart and feed it back to you :romeoPro:

As the faction was originally designed you got trucks dispatched for free. FREE. Then in the big redesign they added a cost for dispatch.

As the faction was originally designed, you had 33% of income of other factions, making it 100% EXCLUSIVELY on the three linked together points. You didn't even had much freedom to place the trucks and if you think current sim city brits are campy, you've seen NOTHING. It made sense to have trucks for free, because there were no resources for it and armor had quite high cost, there was nothing that could contest the infantry though, med truck was just as expensive and it still wasn't all time 1st option.

Then we had the 66% solution, trucks were free, but even considering penalties, OKW had cheapest and fastest teching in game with powerful side bonuses FOR FREE. Alright, that still made sense because there was still resource penalty.

Then and currently, we had 100% income OKW, even with the fact that you needed to buy the trucks, teching still remains CHEAPEST and fast, you still are getting powerful freebies, you even have someone counting up the tech and side tech costs currently pre and post changes, guess what? OKW still has one of the cheapest tech, even WITH the new side grades.

Argument that something was cheaper/free previously doesn't apply, because previously there were completely different resource principles and incomes.

So when you say the current cost for back tech is how faction was designed, you just aren't talking straight. To be clear I think it's fine right now to back tech for healing. It's more pricey than other factions if all you want is medics, but you get some advantages and it's close enough. But add on the proposed 100mp and 15 more fuel and a bunch more research time and things start to look extortionate.

Ever since OKW has 100% income, relic has acknowledged the need for OKW side grades and hinted couple of times that OKW redesign isn't complete and more changes will come to the tech. They meant side grades.

The side cost aren't crippling for armies with more expensive teching, they won't be for army witch pays the least at the moment.

You are NOT supposed to have early healing if you go mechanized hq, that is the faction design, you need to make a decision.

And just like 15 fuel isn't killing UKF going for bofors or aec, same 15 fuel won't kill OKW.
You're overreacting because you're losing freebie you never needed to pay for. Delayed healing is the price you pay for the possibility to put forward trucks.

400mp 55 fuel and 3 research/build delays is just not cool and not close to how faction was designed, if that was your pathetic defense above.

100% income is also not cool and not close to how faction was designed, if that is your pathetic counter argument.

Guess what, OKW is the ONLY army that didn't had to commit additional time and resources to get additional stuff. Side grades are not slowing anything for allies to the point where they are up, they won't for OKW either.

I do play other factions with easier access to medics. Each faction has an advantage and disadvantage to their medic deployment, so you can't blame the okw specific advantages for the extra costs.

Cheapest tech and free side grades are part of resource penalty OKW, it was meant to help them counter the limited resoures.
Resource penalty OKW doesn't exist, just like the reason to keep medics and repair staff free.
25 Apr 2016, 19:05 PM

lmctx EleGiggle the most elaborate meme post I've seen. :sibHyena:
25 Apr 2016, 19:08 PM

-medic truck 250MP for doctors
-repair truck 150MP 10F
-fixed
25 Apr 2016, 19:17 PM

Honestly a lot of these changes wilk reduce the OPKW to just regular balance OKW.
25 Apr 2016, 19:19 PM

-medic truck 250MP for doctors
-repair truck 150MP 10F
-fixed

it cant be the same price as the soviet one, not considering the soviet dont have any other options for healing (at all) and it can be placed outside of base (risky or not)
25 Apr 2016, 19:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

it cant be the same price as the soviet one, not considering the soviet dont have any other options for healing (at all) and it can be placed outside of base (risky or not)

I'd rather pay for a bit of fuel instead if I wanted to focus on a retreat+healing point early anyway. 550 MP for one would be horrendous.
25 Apr 2016, 19:32 PM

dont see why not. and vulther the fuel pay will slow down tiers and early tank counters so idk why u would rather pay f.. wait a bit for mp conserve and out micro ur enemy and u good
25 Apr 2016, 19:41 PM

dont see why not.

wut..
same price and performance but more flexibility (in being able to be placed closer to the front)
if you think that is acceptable you shouldnt be in the balance section
25 Apr 2016, 19:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

dont see why not. and vulther the fuel pay will slow down tiers and early tank counters so idk why u would rather pay f.. wait a bit for mp conserve and out micro ur enemy and u good

Because if I want a forward retreat+healing point fast, I am focusing on my infantry units in my build order. If I spent that much MP to get one early on, I will be losing out on infantry units to actually make use of it.
25 Apr 2016, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 19:00 PMKatitof
Bla bla bla income penalty bla bla bitterness bla bla schadenfreude

Did okw ever have mp income penalty? So is 400mp more expensive before or after resource penalty removed?

Also they already added 50% extra cost to tech when they took away resource penalty, by making you pay for trucks (plus additional teching increases). Did you forget that? Your argument is looking pretty poor now.

Soon you can get two ambulances for cheaper than okw meds.

25 Apr 2016, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 19:51 PMVuther

Because if I want a forward retreat+healing point fast, I am focusing on my infantry units in my build order. If I spent that much MP to get one early on, I will be losing out on infantry units to actually make use of it.

You dont have to get them both at the same time. Teching up to get a Wehr medic and command bunker just behind the front for the same cost as the Soviet need to oay for their sole option for healing (doctrinal fhq excluded) its too much potential for the same price as the Soviet one (and I wasnt addressing you with the "you shouldnt be commenting on balance)
25 Apr 2016, 20:27 PM

I'm talking to a brick wall.

I'm done with you, you're way too deep in denial.

You aren't even able to form a single argument against me anymore, all I hear now from you is "mimimimi".

You'll come to the acceptance eventually. You're trying to fight inevitable.

Closing the eyes and pretending there is no reason for changes won't stop the changes nor make the reason for them any less valid.
25 Apr 2016, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 20:19 PMRappy

Did okw ever have mp income penalty? So is 400mp more expensive before or after resource penalty removed?

Also they already added 50% extra cost to tech when they took away resource penalty, by making you pay for trucks (plus additional teching increases). Did you forget that? Your argument is looking pretty poor now.

Soon you can get two ambulances for cheaper than okw meds.

Isnt a ambo 250mp 10 fuel and med truck upgrade is 100 mp 15 fuel?

To be honest I cant imagine anyone not being bitter due to how ridiculous the okw was when it was first introduce...dark dark days...
25 Apr 2016, 20:33 PM

Half the people ITT are not even talking from experience

DL the mod and try it for yourself rather than theory crafting
25 Apr 2016, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 20:33 PMRollo
Half the people ITT are not even talking from experience

DL the mod and try it for yourself rather than theory crafting

+1

People who are most paralyzed with upcoming changes never even played with them.
25 Apr 2016, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 20:27 PMGenObi

Isnt a ambo 250mp 10 fuel and med truck upgrade is 100 mp 15 fuel?

Have you even read what other people have been saying this thread?

How some of you get by with such a low comprehension capacity, amazes me.
25 Apr 2016, 20:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You dont have to get them both at the same time. Teching up to get a Wehr medic and command bunker just behind the front for the same cost as the Soviet need to oay for their sole option for healing (doctrinal fhq excluded) its too much potential for the same price as the Soviet one (and I wasnt addressing you with the "you shouldnt be commenting on balance)

True, but I'd rather not stifle the strategic value of the option to solely at the point of when you're like trying to get a 100+ fuel vehicle and floating some MP while waiting for the fuel...as much as I hate retreat points.

Oh, I know, you quoted the other guy just fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Sweden 27
Poland 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %