Login

russian armor

Mastering the art of "Con spam"

22 Apr 2016, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
I would love to use this strat but I always fail at it. Mainly I get outdpsed and unless I can outnumber my opponent on a 4-1 scale I lose all of them or lose the match due to heavy MP bleed.

Can some pros or above average players share some tips on how to use them effectively and what is the optimal build order/teching?

Replays would be awesome as well.
22 Apr 2016, 20:30 PM

I'm not exactly a Soviet player so my opinion may be ignored.

You could possibly go Conscript spam if they have the PPSH upgrade to increase their dps. If you are not interested in giving them a close combat upgrade and want to have them for long-range, I suggest you have some support weapons to help them.

The Support Kampanya building will provide you some support for your assaults. I suggest two Maxims to provide covering fire and one 82mm for indirect fire support against MG42s. However, you should also expect anti-infantry vehicles such as the Luchs or the 222 Scout Car. To respond to that threat, place some mines at key chockpoints, get an anti-tank gun.

This is just my suggestion, I am sure someone else will provide better ideas and examples to assist you in your strategy.
22 Apr 2016, 21:30 PM

Con heavy start requires a lot of micro, and youre commander picks has to suplement your BO

- Lend Lease
- Advanced Warfare Tactics
- Guard motor heavy tactics/Shock Rifle
- Partysaaaaners

Usually my BO is 4x Cons, molly, medics AT nade into T2 for an ATG or Maxim (depends on commander pick)

Molly is useful to clear out those early game rush mgs from buildings, as you will use your engis to side cap and mine.

AT-nade always comes in handy as a fast luch/222 is exspected.

I tend to go T3 to get either an early T70 or Su-76 depending on my current situation, usually I tend to go for the SU-76 if the axis has kept his fuel the whole game and no light mechs. T70 if i've rekt him and kept his fuel for the entire game.

If i skip T2 and T3 i play lend lease, and will just spam M4Cs and rely on mines and AT-nades as I stall towards the shermans. The Dhsk with AP rounds can screw over Luchs and 222 if theyre hit by a mine/at-nade.

Whole point with cons spamming is to gain early map control and deny him fuel, usually I tend to swarm his side and use 3 Cons squads there, while my engis + 1 squad is capping my side. Never pick "un-fair" engagements, and if youre caught in the open try to move away or just retreat.

Against OST sniper I tend to do a large flank, where i use all my 4 cons squads + 1 engis to encircle the ost players position and bait the sniper + mg42 with one squad, while the others move in from the sides.

If you want to go full troll go defensive tactics on urban maps and watch the cons horde go nuts x)
22 Apr 2016, 22:04 PM

Con heavy start requires a lot of micro, and youre commander picks has to suplement your BO

- Lend Lease
- Advanced Warfare Tactics
- Guard motor heavy tactics/Shock Rifle
- Partysaaaaners

Usually my BO is 4x Cons, molly, medics AT nade into T2 for an ATG or Maxim (depends on commander pick)

Molly is useful to clear out those early game rush mgs from buildings, as you will use your engis to side cap and mine.

AT-nade always comes in handy as a fast luch/222 is exspected.

I tend to go T3 to get either an early T70 or Su-76 depending on my current situation, usually I tend to go for the SU-76 if the axis has kept his fuel the whole game and no light mechs. T70 if i've rekt him and kept his fuel for the entire game.

If i skip T2 and T3 i play lend lease, and will just spam M4Cs and rely on mines and AT-nades as I stall towards the shermans. The Dhsk with AP rounds can screw over Luchs and 222 if theyre hit by a mine/at-nade.

Whole point with cons spamming is to gain early map control and deny him fuel, usually I tend to swarm his side and use 3 Cons squads there, while my engis + 1 squad is capping my side. Never pick "un-fair" engagements, and if youre caught in the open try to move away or just retreat.

Against OST sniper I tend to do a large flank, where i use all my 4 cons squads + 1 engis to encircle the ost players position and bait the sniper + mg42 with one squad, while the others move in from the sides.

If you want to go full troll go defensive tactics on urban maps and watch the cons horde go nuts x)

I don't mean to be rude, but who exactly do you swarm since you have absolutely no 1v1 experience?
22 Apr 2016, 22:20 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but who exactly do you swarm since you have absolutely no 1v1 experience?

and you dont even have a playercard on your profile...

22 Apr 2016, 22:36 PM

Click on the conscript icon above the Posts number. It will help you get you an idea about the player's experience.
23 Apr 2016, 00:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Thanks guys.

The problem is evertime I try to swarm my opponent I get my ass handed to me.

I guess it is a very risky and should be just tried for fun/trolling.
23 Apr 2016, 04:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks guys.

Conspam and swarming can be very effective, but it requires a lot of skill. It's a great tactic, but only if your micro is up to snuff. Practice more and you can do it too.
23 Apr 2016, 04:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Replay of your own game or it didn't happen (the swarming snuff )
aaa
23 Apr 2016, 04:29 AM

4 cons opening only make sense in a map where early control over central area = gg. Such as semosky summer. This allows not to get outnumbered since if you tech to t1 or t2 you will get minimum 1 squad disadvantage in a first fight no matter what.

If there were any fighting units in t0 noone would spam cons
23 Apr 2016, 06:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will post one tomorrow.
23 Apr 2016, 06:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Thanks guys.

They forgot to tell you, that you can only swarm after you baited them in a trap, so for example, 2 grens on retreat, swarm mg42, mortar and pak gun. Thats how it works. :p
24 Apr 2016, 20:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You got banned, but whatever.
Here is some Con Swarm play. Notice you want to be coming in from multiple angles and forcing them to move. Once Ostheer is out of position they have a bad time.

25 Apr 2016, 12:19 PM

One thing Ive been trying, is con spam with a sniper or two, and use Tank Hunters Doctrine.

The snipers serve to dish out your real damage, and the cons basically protect them with AT nade and then Heavy AT nades. Dont worry about getting PTRS on them until you face tanks.

Scout cars are quite strong these days, so an obvious counter when you go snipers, normally they can shrug off con squads with AT nades when the Scout cars have support, but the heavy AT nades will let you surprise their light vehicles and keep your snipers doing damage.

Either that or go PPSH, and support with one maxim. Try to use Ppsh squads to outflank and wipe Axis squads on retreat, clumping 2 squads together often works wonders as they are cheap, and the DPS becomes worthwhile then.
4 Jun 2016, 00:06 AM

if going for close range ppsh build for ur cons it might be worth it to get 2 flamethrower engineers as to clear out bunkers and buildings without having to use moltovs.
11 Jun 2016, 05:56 AM

PPSH cons are incredibly potent at close range, with a effective utility, and a great gap closer.
22 Jun 2016, 20:46 PM
30 Jun 2016, 10:14 AM

Try Tank Hunter and get like 5 or 6 con squads. It's basically like having 3 cons and 3 guards but all with ptrs and -40%RA if you vet them.

No, but seriously, don't spam them just move them in groups if you really need to. But against WM, you don't really need to because cons can win against grens most times if you rush them and fight them point blank.

Usual Sov build order 1v1 against WM:
-3con
-molly
-engi and keep engi on base
-t2
-maxim
-AT nade or gun

I know that there's no conscript spam here, but if you spam too many cons, I don't think that it's gonna be good for you. I guess you could AT nade spam 222s and flank like fucking crazy but you'll probably have lots of bleed. Also maxim is good for Attack moving because of quick set up time and you can use it in a much more aggressive manner than mg42s

Also this build preempts a 222 timing and countering the 222 properly is very important for the sovs since good wm players will use this timing to push you back and cap ur points. getting a fast ATG for the sovs is also not a bad idea because of barrage. It uses 60muns but it's quite good. Having it is better than not having it and losing

If you have tank hunter I would imagine my build being something like this:
-3 con
-molly
-engi
-t2
-maxim
-at nade and/or gun
-3 con
-add extra maxim or mortar inbetween the second batch of cons if wanted
-skip t3 for fast su85 or su76 if you are scared. su76 spam sounds hilarious too

If you want to just at nade spam a 222, then you could not build the engi, t2 building, maxim and the ATG and just build more conscripts and blob around the map and AT nade spam it to death. and then when the 222 is dead tech up fast and get a maxim at least

I wouldn't t1 because penals will eat up manpower. maxims are going to give you the anti infantry power you need. The key to success for ptrs rifles is numbers. I know this because I once spawned like a shitload of guards and shot down a KT in like 2 seconds.

As a whole, I heard that people skip molly research but I wouldn't recommend it because you really need to clear those garrisons and mollys are great for that. And also don't skip AT nades. It's awful to not have them when you really need them
30 Jun 2016, 10:25 AM

classic conspam is when you build 4 conscripts and tech molotovs right after you get your 4th conscript
25 Jul 2016, 17:14 PM

Here is how I do.

I don't pretend that it's a good way, in fact awefuly played, but you kind of get an idea on how you have to proceed.

If your idea is to conspam, always group your cons in 2 squads, and go capture.
Be really patient before you play aggressively, you're going to need a lot of vet and tech upgrades.

Imo you need to get 5 cons squads before you build eitehr t1/t2, both these tiers are now good with conscripts.
I wouldn't suggest you get a sniper, in late game it's going to be hard to micro with conscripts all over the map.

Also wait before you get molotovs, AT nade and hospital are the priority, only build molotov if you see that you're having difficulty clearing houses.

5 cons in the beginning is good enough, in early and mid game, save some mp for unit building for AT, or support units.

Two important things in early game:
-Don't capture points with your conscripts, try to get first at the most important points and covers(something I failed to do in the replay)

-Preserve your units.
In order to tech up , you need to save manpower as much as you can, if you waste to many you won't be able to heal your spam.
Anything you can't win, retreat.

Commanders that are good with conspam:

-Shockrifle
-Partisans
-Reserve Army
-Guards rifle combined arms
-Conscript tactics
-NKVD
-Advanced warfare

Tier 3 tanks aren't worth it with conscripts, your best bet is to spam regular T-34/75.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★