Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
25 Apr 2016, 16:34 PM

After OKW revamp, I feel kinda lame playing with or against it. I never had any problem with the resource conversion tool, and I liked that a lot, added a lot of depth on planning the game. And resource-starved faction was something quite thematic for the faction.

I always thought that the better volks could easily be the only revamp needed for OKW. With that faction in mind, volkshrek blobs were forgivable. Well, now, with powered up volks and full resources, loosing the shrek is a long-wait necessary nerf.

Still, I'd go back to old OKW with little thought - just send the better volks along with it.
25 Apr 2016, 16:40 PM

After OKW revamp, I feel kinda lame playing with or against it. I never had any problem with the resource conversion tool, and I liked that a lot, added a lot of depth on planning the game. And resource-starved faction was something quite thematic for the faction.

I always thought that the better volks could easily be the only revamp needed for OKW. With that faction in mind, volkshrek blobs were forgivable. Well, now, with powered up volks and full resources, loosing the shrek is a long-wait necessary nerf.

Still, I'd go back to old OKW with little thought - just send the better volks along with it.

That's an onpoint suggestion. I would be 100% more interested in seeing how the 'old' OKW would fare in the current meta than this diluted Ostheer clone we will get. Of course, bring back old veterancy along the ressource penalty, current vet is more of a burden than anything (longer to reach power peak, power peak of comparable strength to vet3 units the other faction have).
25 Apr 2016, 16:42 PM

What of we keep schrecks but, lets say:
Med truck unlocks schrecks.
Rep truck unlock stgs.

?

Brilliant idea! If only other people would think like this though :(.

The resource starved faction was originally why I bought OKW. I really loved the new strategies that surfaced. Remember how salvaging vehicles actually did something slightly relative back then?
25 Apr 2016, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:27 PMSlaYoU

You might need to update your OKW database noobitof, JP4 is not in mechanized, and has never been.

You might need to update your reading comprehension, because I meant using actual vehicles, not specific tiers, but you get +1 internetz for effort :snfBarton:

To be more precise on the matter, people are far too much centered around light vehicles counters. Allies will go for early tank rush against OKW, especially that new T34. Skip light altogether, and go straight for T34 (and don't tell me you have to strangle the ally player economy before it happens, with MG34 available only after one truck is built, OKW will be a sitting duck and will NEVER have the initiative of engagements). Early T34, early Centaur, early double Stuart with free repairs (YAY, more nerfs to the mechanized truck pls).

I've checked the new T34, its better, but its not the thing you want to rush asap, for shock value T-70 still exceeds it.

Besides, all of that can be countered by puma and a pair of puppchens or puma alone.

No more stalling for KT, time to maybe invest in light vehicles beside shock luchs now.
25 Apr 2016, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 16:46 PMKatitof

Besides, all of that can be countered by puma and a pair of puppchens or puma alone.

Which leaves the OKW player as a sitting duck, unable to bring the offensive to the other side of the map. Obviously balanced.

InB4 "Puma is a monster, it will faceroll my starting sector bunkers", lol. My bad about mechanized, it was reading on my end, but you should assume i'm not speaking my native language.
25 Apr 2016, 16:52 PM

BEST PATCH EVER!!!!!
25 Apr 2016, 17:07 PM

That's indeed the whole point with panzershrecks. OKW has many specialized anti-infantry units and a crappy AT gun. The panzershreks were the glue that held the faction together and allowed for several different playstyles. I don't see how this was a bad thing.

All of the changes made in the past that led to more variety always improved the game. Nerfing of the call-in meta made a lot more commanders viable for all factions. Removing OKWs resource penalty opened up a lot more strategies for them. Removing shreks will do the opposite of that.

This is why I wanted OKW to have a dedicated "Tank Buster" squad like the original PE. I am liking the idea of tech choices though, Mech truck = Shreks and Med truck = STGs.
25 Apr 2016, 17:10 PM

What if buying the schreck reduced the squad to 4 men? The idea being that there is a trade off and the squad doesn't get too durable. What do you guys think?

Maybe even a global upgrade that makes every folks squad 4 men but unlocks schrecks. That would be a meaningful choice? Right? Or maybe not. I dunno.

Plus also volks lose their nades when given schrecks?

I just feel like there's gotta be a more creative way to deal with this than cutting things out of the game.

The logic is that the schrecks are being brought in to make up for manpower problems.

Wow, good solution
25 Apr 2016, 17:23 PM

That's indeed the whole point with panzershrecks. OKW has many specialized anti-infantry units and a crappy AT gun. The panzershreks were the glue that held the faction together and allowed for several different playstyles. I don't see how this was a bad thing.

All of the changes made in the past that led to more variety always improved the game. Nerfing of the call-in meta made a lot more commanders viable for all factions. Removing OKWs resource penalty opened up a lot more strategies for them. Removing shreks will do the opposite of that.

+1 Shreks where to strong maybe, but they fit in. Snares where available through comanders. Panzerfusies now have the same role as volks. It's narrowing the gameplay. Allthough the raketten is fine it needs some at support and shrecks fullfill that role perfectly. The AI nerf of the shrecks is good (shreck upgrade means -20% nerf on AI) nerf the long range accuracy and they will be fine and will give the gameplay more variety.
25 Apr 2016, 17:27 PM

Tryed out the new patch/mod and frankly its everything we hope for. A lot of these changes, like adding a little bit a buff to the greyhound in terms of accuracy and the 50 cal upgrade has help out.

It turns out that lot of the...."concerns" are unfounded. This patch is gonna be a great one.
25 Apr 2016, 17:40 PM

Removing shrecks from volks is the best thing happening to coh2 ever. Shrecked vet volks are anti everything units, but now they will have the option for a decent AI upgrade.

removing shrecks from volks would certainly discourage blobing with OKW (which has always been an issue) and encourage using combined arms, which is the best thing this game could ask for.
25 Apr 2016, 17:41 PM

Brilliant idea! If only other people would think like this though :(.

The resource starved faction was originally why I bought OKW. I really loved the new strategies that surfaced. Remember how salvaging vehicles actually did something slightly relative back then?

man, can u show ur playercard please? I'm interested to see if you are really good at this game or just theory crafting fanboi?
25 Apr 2016, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:41 PMAladdin

man, can u plz show ur playercard, I'm interested to see if you are really good at this game or just theory crafting fanboi?

You gotta show if you're asking it. Just sayin'.
25 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM
Patrion 310

His is easy to find, just go check 4v4 AT Ladder :)
25 Apr 2016, 17:50 PM

fixed that for u
25 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:50 PMAladdin

fixed that for u

:thumbsup:

I feel so special, that was for me :wub:
25 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 19:37 PMaaa

plz dont fix smth that isnt broken. Mines are 100% balanced. Munitiouns cost more than MP and placing a mine is a risk itself bcs of mortars and vehicles. If 30 muni mine just kills 1-2 models it isnt enough to pay for itself.

It must reliably kill half of the full squad with some chance to wipe as for instance heavy tanks shots also wipe.

50 muni teller oneshots a light vehicle that is more expensive than all infantry squads. 1-2models is only ok for trip-wires.
hes right... the mine game right now is perfect dont change flares dont change mines... dont change okw tnt dont change nothing its all fine... why nerf something that can be nerfed in game with mine detector? lol dont make sense.. not like it wiping 1 out of 4 times cuz its not even wiping that much. if u get hit by first mine get detectors right? if u didnt get unlucky and lose ur squad then great u just ruined opponents muni wasted on mines
25 Apr 2016, 18:34 PM

Aww come on the Tiger doesn't need anymore nerfs :(
leave the Tiger alone.

and those OKW changes to make the auto repair and auto heal as upgrades are just straight up nerfs and I really feel they are unnecessary.

yes it was a nerf but keep in mind all heavy tanks got an armor decrease as well
25 Apr 2016, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:40 PMAladdin
Removing shrecks from volks is the best thing happening to coh2 ever. Shrecked vet volks are anti everything units, but now they will have the option for a decent AI upgrade.

removing shrecks from volks would certainly discourage blobing with OKW (which has always been an issue) and encourage using combined arms, which is the best thing this game could ask for.

It's the best thing for 4v4 games maybe. It pretty much wrecks OKW in more competitive gamemodes.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS