Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
22 Apr 2016, 16:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You know whats funny?

Only the tiger got nerfs...Is-2 is fine. WTF?!

No allied bias, sure :foreveralone:

Don't look at me. I nerfed the rear armour of all heavies :lol:
22 Apr 2016, 16:13 PM

Don't look at me. I nerfed the rear armour of all heavies :lol:

I know, I've read the changes.

Seeing P4s bouncing the rear of an IS2 is just :hansRAGE::hansRNG:

I just don't get why :hansREKT::hansGG: do this.

Partly changes like these just create more issues than they solve :P
22 Apr 2016, 16:44 PM

We are all freaking out about no handheld AT. An entire faction depends on no handheld AT in stock (Soviet army), another has no native snares on infantry and its AT is useless against light armor (Brits). We are going to test these changes, doesn't mean they are 100% definitely going to be how the game ends up in the future.

OKW shreks were always a problem because they vetted volks up too quickly and they offered a strong AT support weapon to every OKW attack or defense, and forced medium tanks to fear volks blobs which they absolutely should not.

I agree that OKW may need another light AT option in the med truck to help it avoid always going to get a Puma, but let's see first.
22 Apr 2016, 17:08 PM

We are all freaking out about no handheld AT. An entire faction depends on no handheld AT in stock (Soviet army), another has no native snares on infantry and its AT is useless against light armor (Brits). We are going to test these changes, doesn't mean they are 100% definitely going to be how the game ends up in the future.

OKW shreks were always a problem because they vetted volks up too quickly and they offered a strong AT support weapon to every OKW attack or defense, and forced medium tanks to fear volks blobs which they absolutely should not.

I agree that OKW may need another light AT option in the med truck to help it avoid always going to get a Puma, but let's see first.

A brief glimmer of intelligence in this thread, Take a picture because you won't find anymore for several pages....

In all seriousness I agree, maybe OKW will be fine with snare and cloaked AT gun, but maybe they will need some kind of handheld AT option.
22 Apr 2016, 17:19 PM

You're surprised at the outcry?

OKW had it effrotelessly easy to deny all light armor and good part of medium armor with little to no skill, right now they will need to build dedicated units and actually use their heads to position and bait, like UKF and Sov did since forever.

Obviously panic is the only possible choice from OKW players and especially the fanboys(just look at mycalliope alone loosing it).

There will be a lot of changes, a lot of new dynamics and synergies, we'll have to relearn at least 2 armies. Changes on this scale rarely happen.
22 Apr 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:19 PMKatitof
OKW had it effrotelessly easy to deny all light armor and good part of medium armor with little to no skill, right now they will need to build dedicated units and actually use their heads to position and bait, like UKF and Sov did since forever.

Like blobbing Guards and Piats :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
22 Apr 2016, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:49 PMHitman5

Like blobbing Guards and Piats :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

Good thing that guards are stock and PIATs actually can hit light vehicles :sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant:

Tell us the truth, your playercard is untainted with the filth of allied games played?
22 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:51 PMKatitof

Good thing that guards are stock and PIATs actually can hit light vehicles :sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant:

Good thing it's hard to pick a doctrine :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

Good thing piat ambush is really, really hard and UKF doesn't have a heavy early game armored car or emplacement which wrecks light vehicles :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
22 Apr 2016, 18:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:49 PMHitman5

You can't be serious.
22 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:19 PMKatitof

You're surprised at the outcry?

Obviously panic is the only possible choice from OKW players and especially the fanboys(just look at mycalliope alone loosing it).

There will be a lot of changes, a lot of new dynamics and synergies, we'll have to relearn at least 2 armies. Changes on this scale rarely happen.

Since you want to remove no skill play from the game, let's remove BAR from USF shall we ? And give them Pak to compensate. It's the same caliber of changes that OKW gets.
22 Apr 2016, 18:04 PM

Puma could be move to T1 and ISG to T2, so OKW get a dedicated anti-light armor for spending fuel and delaying its T2. Stuart vs Puma is an interesting match up depending a lot in micro skill, I guess AEC vs PUMA as well. Since PUMA also outrange Bofors you can use it to harass it. Last, Puma vs T70 or Su76 would also be micro dependent with cons/hourra/atnade option.

I'm not in particular favor to remove shrecks from volks, more in locking its access behind a paywall that delay enough long OKW teching to be a real decision making for the player. But if Relic proposes us to test this change, it is always better to do it.
22 Apr 2016, 18:09 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 17:51 PMKatitof

Tell us the truth, your playercard is untainted with the filth of allied games played?

Its probably this

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197995698656/standings
WHO
22 Apr 2016, 18:18 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if shreks aren't actually removed at the end of all of this. The shrek blob is so fundamental to the vast majority of OKW players (scrubs or not), I feel like the faction would just collapse in all of the "gaming analytics" relic is so proud of. Top players can adapt, but the other 90% of the playerbase that plays OKW might not be able to.
22 Apr 2016, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

You just buff the Reketens range and fire arc and reduce vet bonuses slightly and they should be fine. As Bean pointed out maybe giving them a 222 wouldn't be a bad idea or something similar (not the hotchkiss calm down lol).

The Snare should be enough handheld AT.

EDIT: Put 222 in Med truck of give them a dedicated AT inf uni.
22 Apr 2016, 18:40 PM

I feel like brits have been left out in the cold

>No PIAT/bren drop changes or snare
>No Valentine changes
>No sexton changes
>No commando changes (grenade nerf and bren buff would be nice)
>25pdr accuracy not really changed apart from grenade range
>Churchill's still slightly overpriced
>Comet vet still meh compared to the panther
>Upgraded retreat point still dies to mech arty
22 Apr 2016, 18:42 PM

Let's all calm down and de-salt.

If they are copying Miragefla's mod verbatum there is a version out there we can all play and test.

Lets play the game and then maybe make statements like "x is cancer"
22 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 15:55 PMpugzii

Remember that volks have Fausts now, so you can still punish aggressive vehicle play (even better than before) since tank pushing will be alot harder now coz you can snare them.. Just make sure by the mid game you have 2x Raks.

wait do volks actually get snare with the new pfaust, which is similar to the gren pfaust?
Or do they "only" do the 120 dmg and no snare?
Im a little bit confused now. :faint:
too much informations the last two days :D
22 Apr 2016, 18:53 PM

mmm dont agree with new medic and mech extera upgrade
although : https://www.coh2.org/topic/49389/give-volks-anti-infantry-gun-instead-shreck but okw At going to trouble
22 Apr 2016, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 12:41 PMKatitof

*GASP!*

You mean like you'll have to actually put down mines and maybe actually consider what opponent does and go for Puma, just like ost goes for 222, USF for stuart, UKF for AEC and sov for SU-76/T-70 to deal with early vehicle from opponent instead of spamming most op handheld AT weapon on most basic infantry that doesn't even require any side costs!?

SUCH INJUSTICE!

Ok Mr Katitof, seeing as you are so smug. On the one hand you are saying okw will now be forced to buy puma. On the other hand you want additional teching costs for medic. So perhaps now I can guide you through the very simple logic you have a hard time with and even with your tunnel vision you might see the issue?

If an okw player goes tier 2 then, to get medics they have to get a new truck 100 mp 15 fuel. Setup battlegroup where they would otherwise not need to. 200mp 25 fuel. So 300mp and 40 fuel... This is without additional the teching costs (that 5000 out of your 8000 posts have been about). So tell me again, how much does it cost to get medics if you are osteer and you skip a tier? How much for ukf? What about Soviets? And how much does an ambulance cost if you go for Stuart instead of Lt tier? Aha. All cost much less than this scenario, which you say will be required in order to field a puma. Again this is NOT counting the proposed tech costs.

Your idea of balance is making every faction have to go through the same procedures and costs (even though I have hopefully demonstrated a problem with that surface level understanding of price). But you completely ignore how each faction is performing. Have you noticed the very high allied win rates in esl and across all but 4v4 on coh2chart? Does ACTUAL performance factor into your idea of balance at all? I think not.
22 Apr 2016, 19:07 PM

Good lord the OKW does NOT need any of these retarded changes.

The trucks, at least the medic one, does not need separate medics because otherwise mech truck players will be extra screwed since they will have to pay for the truck, the tech, AND the medics. Where healing for other factions are cheap to purchase, OKW will have to spend for a whole tech just to get healing.

And what's this about volks turning into Grenadiers Mk.II? Removing schrecks and adding panzerfaust? Adding anti infantry Stg 44s? Really? Riflemen are unique in that they are the best AI core infantry in the game, grenadiers unique with their ability to scale into late game with MG42 lmg, conscripts unique with their good squad size and merge ability, and tommies with their ability to scale to late game with their upgrades. Volks are meant to be an all around unit in that they can do good damage to both infantry and vehicles, but can still be easily beaten by other infantry into the late game, in which the OKW will have to invest into a separate unit which is the ober5s.

Jesus, just let the mod be its own stupid mod, don't let it get into the game.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS