Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

Its not. Ofcouse if you injoy supression, insanly long aim and reload + insta gibbing, then yes its fine.

Accept it - now OKW will be really like USSR. No AT-infantry. Instead of fixing that shit in SU, they break another faction with that... logic.
aaa
21 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

If mines dont kill models this might be the worst change ever. Even worse than random r-move intro.
Never liked "competitive mod". Never thought anyone will take those changes seriously.
Okw will be oh #2 with weaker at.
21 Apr 2016, 17:55 PM

Amazing, but wheres tommies vet 3 weapon drops fix? Make dream real.
21 Apr 2016, 17:55 PM

Well, this is simply great, GJ Miragefla and nice decision Relic
21 Apr 2016, 17:56 PM

Accept it - now OKW will be really like USSR. No AT-infantry. Instead of fixing that shit in SU, they break another faction with that... logic.

Well at least soviets can have guards or parstisans, to have at least some counter to light amor early on, while OKW will be forced to play with shitty raketen which cant even reverse. Good think I'm not playing as Axis, because its unresonably painfull.
21 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM

Many great changes, and made allot of units useful again (36/76/penals) and Major artillery too. Also removed some very frustrating elements of the game (1 shot mines / flares)

But on stream they said Volks faust does more damage but does not snare, dont know what to think about this.
21 Apr 2016, 17:58 PM

Well at least soviets can have guards or parstisans, to have at least some counter to light amor early on, while OKW will be forced to play with shitty raketen which cant even reverse.

Guards and Partisans are pretty rare in soviet doctrines. Both partisans doctrines are pretty weak (in general) and Guards - only 1 useful, that one with ISU.

So, you could really say, that USSR doesn't have AT-infantry. That causing free raids on USSR with 222 cars or Luchses. Be ready to T-70/M5 domination under OKW, lol.
21 Apr 2016, 17:59 PM

Volks shouldn't get a snare if they get STG44s. Tommies don't get a Snare.
21 Apr 2016, 17:59 PM

Raketen + fausts should probably be fine for OKW early game, though we'd need to dig in to be sure. I am a little worried they're becoming too reliant on team weapons and becoming too much like Ostheer.

Also, sounds to me like its time to wipe the dust off Elite Armor, AI volks + Armor Piercing Pumas, lets do this!
21 Apr 2016, 18:00 PM

Guards and Partisans are pretty rare in soviet doctrines. Both partisans doctrines are pretty weak (in general) and Guards - only 1 useful, that one with ISU.

So, you could really say, that USSR doesn't have AT-infantry. That causing free raids on USSR with 222 cars or Luchses. Be ready to T-70/M5 domination under OKW, lol.

Yeah Guard motor commander is really useless.

Also Partisan commander didnt had any succes in ESL. :sibHyena:

21 Apr 2016, 18:00 PM

Well at least soviets can have guards or parstisans, to have at least some counter to light amor early on, while OKW will be forced to play with shitty raketen which cant even reverse. Good think I'm not playing as Axis, because its unresonably painfull.

These complaints about raketten, OMG... You will always see the enemy vehicle before it sees you, it's cheap and the fragility is made-up for by ability to garrison buildings. Now that OKW has more snares, it will be a great weapon.
21 Apr 2016, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:59 PMDoggo

So there will be two problematic factions instead of one? No, THX. :D
21 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

Yeah Guard motor commander is really useless.

Also Partisan commander didnt had any succes in ESL. :sibHyena:

Oh, yea true, forgot about guard motor. Don't use it personally, so I forgot about it :D

About Partisans - we don't play in "ESL CoH 2". We play in simple CoH 2. And 95% of people don't use that doctrine in automatch games. Why? It won ESL for nerds, why people ignore it!? Why they prefer to have heavy tanks or artillery and normal late game!?!
21 Apr 2016, 18:05 PM

These complaints about raketten, OMG... You will always see the enemy vehicle before it sees you, it's cheap and the fragility is made-up for by ability to garrison buildings. Now that OKW has more snares, it will be a great weapon.

Its ability to garrison buildings and clock is compinsated by 1) suppresion 2) long aim time 3) long reload 4) no reverse buttom

Not to mention that OKW faust deal only damage, but not eng crit.

I'm not saying that Schreck is good on volks, but I would rather see x2 Panzerbuche on them, it would at least keep them at the same lvl of perfomance against light armor, but wont be so deadly against tanks.

Not to mention it would buff their AI slightly.

StG packege is cool, but volks still wont be able to fight tommies\rifles\penals 1v1.
21 Apr 2016, 18:05 PM

where is:
nerf for BAR rifle flood
limitation for calliope
nerf for land matress
a bit nerf for mortar emplacement
and now okw dont have AT infantry

genius relic
21 Apr 2016, 18:06 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:59 PMDoggo

It won't snare. It will have 120 damage, high penetration but no permanent engine crit.

Assuming relic uses the Competition Mod PzFaust stats.
21 Apr 2016, 18:09 PM

As I much as I want to keep doing my Brummbar strats with a huge discount and buffs, listening to this developer commentary on twitch indicates to me that Relic doesn't know how their game works and are just catering to what the community whines about. (Oh sorry, that's just some twitch whiner talking and not Relic. No wonder the patch is retarded.) They're not balancing to the game, they're balancing to the meta. It's some Riot games type bullshit.

Suppression

• All grenade abilities that are not snares have their range reduced by 33% when the unit is suppressed.

This and the t-34/76 changes are the only somewhat reasonable changes in the whole list.

21 Apr 2016, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 16:35 PMcapiqua

Core Infantry/Small Team Weapon Spawn Points

• All Core Infantry Squads and Core Small Weapon Teams now spawn from its corresponding building rather than from Off-Map.

YES. This bugged me from the start. Most underrated change in the whole change log imo.
21 Apr 2016, 18:13 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 18:10 PMNubb3r

YES. This bugged me from the start. Most underrated change in the whole change log imo.

Will OKW units spawn at the frontlines if you place your HQs there, I wonder...
21 Apr 2016, 18:14 PM

If MG-34 call-in is replaced with MG-42 instead the timing should be moved to 2CP instead of 1CP IMO.

Overall good changes :D
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight