Login

russian armor

Soviet total revamp

19 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM

Is it just that feel that the soviets have not apated well in to the new meta and factions.
This is not me saying "soviet suck relic plz buff", but i do feel that the soviet core is very very weak and they are totaly dependent on thiere commanders. Take for instance conscripts, they are a decent early infatry and can hold thiere own, molotovs are great and so is the at grenade. But mid to late game they lose all thiere steam and you will need some sort of an uppgrade, so you better have a doctrine that have something that can replace theam or uppgrade theam, becuse if you dont you have that you will lose almost all even infatry fire figths in the late game.

They dont have any forward retreat points and thats ok werchmact dont ethier but unlike werchmact they dont have a foward healing base or reforcement point other than doctrinial or the half track (and the half track lose's it when you uppgrade it) meaning that you will spend alot of time runing back to base to renforce.

As for tanks its really underwheling, the T70 is a pretty good and can ruin someones day pretty quickly but ofcourse cant be matched by later tanks (and it should not be abel to!), the su 76 arty ability is fun but its pretty lame at figthing other tanks, you use it becuse its a anti tank gun that cant be shot to pices by small arms. the su 85 is more bark than bite and i find myself using it more in despration rather than in a actule plan and the T34/76 you build becuse you need a tank out on the field, unlike the Panser 4 that you build becuse its good at figthing most targets you build a t 34 because the enemy has a tank out or you are expecting a tank and even that its not that good at figthing.

As for thiere doctrines, they are great (well most of theam) hands down they have some of the most powerful commanders in the game and thats kinda my problem with theam. The must have such relia so heavyly on thiere comanders. It bugs me because it forces you to pick from between a handful of doctrines just so you can get what you need from theam. I would love to play with the anti armor doctrine and it has some really good choices, but i cant because then i wont have any good infatry to back up my conscripts.
Thiere should be a balnce of power between the core army and the doctrin
I dont know how to fix this problem thats why im asking you. Do you think its fine as it is? Do you have a theory how this could be fixed? and so on
19 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

No revamp is needed.

Small changes to 3-4 units are needed at most.
19 Apr 2016, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 18:47 PMKatitof
No revamp is needed.

Small changes to 3-4 units are needed at most.

Yea revamp migth have been the wrong word
19 Apr 2016, 20:25 PM

What katiof said, very minor adjustments needed. If you not sure how to play the soviets their is plenty of help available
19 Apr 2016, 20:39 PM

imo I'd be pretty happy if you could choose between T3 and T4 again.

Put SU76 and T34 in t3, T70 and SU85 in T4. Let Soviets pick which one they want after either t1 or t2.

20 Apr 2016, 00:14 AM

imo I'd be pretty happy if you could choose between T3 and T4 again.

Put SU76 and T34 in t3, T70 and SU85 in T4. Let Soviets pick which one they want after either t1 or t2.

yea i miss the days of going t4 for katy and supplementing with t34-85s
call ins would still need to be locked to having the tier up tho i think (the sherman should be as well)
20 Apr 2016, 00:25 AM

yea i miss the days of going t4 for katy and supplementing with t34-85s
call ins would still need to be locked to having the tier up tho i think (the sherman should be as well)

I think cp's are already fine for gating stuff. If they rush t4 they won't have the cp's for t-34/85 anyway.

The reality is if someone doesn't want to tech up and use the money for heavy tank, they're going to spend ~10 minutes where they could have been using vehicles to win waiting for it.

It's only a problem if you're BOTH just waiting for cp's. If one player actually just takes advantage and produces units they should handily win while the other player is stalling for the call ins.

20 Apr 2016, 00:37 AM

i dont think heavy tanks should be linked, but medium call ins was a good move on relics part i think
call in units allow for knee jerk responses to situations, infiltration units especially (falls and AT partisans)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★