Login

russian armor

ESL Company of Heroes 2 Opening Cup

11 Jul 2013, 10:13 AM
Benefactor 115

We're kicking off the international section for Company of Heroes 2 with a tournament this weekend.

This is just the first of many more good things to come, so I hope you will all come out and support us.

We're offering ESL premium to first, second and third place players.

Click the link for more details http://www.esl.eu/eu/coh2/news/225282/

Also please like our facebook page and be kept up to date with the latest news
https://www.facebook.com/eslcoh2?fref=ts
11 Jul 2013, 13:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Please dont allow mirror matches, CoH has always been about a certain era in our history and ww2 didn't have soviets fight soviets. I dont mind playing same races in games like Dawn of War because it's a fantasy game, like StarCraft. I find no joy playing in such tourneys.
11 Jul 2013, 14:08 PM
Coder Red Badge

How is faction choice determined? Especially with mirrors enabled, what happens if I choose Soviets and my opponent chooses Soviets, but I don't want to play a mirror so I switch to Ostheer, but my opponent wants a mirror so he switches as well and we keep going back and forth forever?
11 Jul 2013, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 14:08 PMInverse
How is faction choice determined? Especially with mirrors enabled, what happens if I choose Soviets and my opponent chooses Soviets, but I don't want to play a mirror so I switch to Ostheer, but my opponent wants a mirror so he switches as well and we keep going back and forth forever?

cue the small violin...
11 Jul 2013, 14:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good point Inverse. It would be so much easier just to leave out mirrors matches. I believe that most players don't want them, myself included. Maybe we should run a poll to see what the majority of people in the torny want.
11 Jul 2013, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 13:36 PMSpanky
Please dont allow mirror matches, CoH has always been about a certain era in our history and ww2 didn't have soviets fight soviets. I dont mind playing same races in games like Dawn of War because it's a fantasy game, like StarCraft. I find now joy playing in such tourneys.

x2, feel the exact same way unfortunately.
11 Jul 2013, 15:14 PM

I refuse to kill my red brothers, But on a serious side note mirror matches doesnt mix with coh.
11 Jul 2013, 15:19 PM

Not a fan of mirror matches either. Best of luck to all joining the tournament and the hosts. I won't be able to attend due to late notice. maybe next time.

solid
11 Jul 2013, 15:31 PM

i think mirror matchups are fine. but to do them without constant fighting over fractions you have to have everyone pick before the tourny. or you can do a coin flip for who gets to pick fraction first when two players can't come to an agreement.

in all honesty i like mirrors because I only enjoy playing german in multiplayer. i played russians in campaign, ToW, and online enough to know costs, strats, etc. But i focus on my german play.

if you guys want more people to think about joining tournys besides the old veteran crew (of course there will be some new comers no matter what), then allowing mirror matchups will help new players feel like they don't have to be super good at two fractions when they only like one.

course, it could be most of our new players don't care about playing in tournys at all, or be like me and have work 90% of the time the tourny is going on :/
11 Jul 2013, 15:47 PM
Benefactor 115

so for the best of one matches we are going to change the rules.

Mirrors won't be allowed, top of the bracket gets faction choice and bottom of the bracket gets map choice.
11 Jul 2013, 15:55 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I like mirrors :(
11 Jul 2013, 15:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

You like tokyo drift aswell :D
11 Jul 2013, 15:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

11 Jul 2013, 16:49 PM

why is ipk no admin here?
11 Jul 2013, 16:55 PM

so for the best of one matches we are going to change the rules.

Mirrors won't be allowed, top of the bracket gets faction choice and bottom of the bracket gets map choice.

This is a welcoming change I am certain!
Ewo
11 Jul 2013, 21:19 PM

Honestly I think allowing mirrors is a necessity, if CoH2 is to run smoothly as a competitive game. It doesn't really matter if it's historically accurate from an esport perspective
11 Jul 2013, 21:23 PM
Donator 11

please not this mirror-thing discussion again...
12 Jul 2013, 09:02 AM
Benefactor 115

68 sign ups so far :D

be aware that we use a check in system which will start 30 minutes before tournament start time.

read up about it in the FAQ
12 Jul 2013, 11:45 AM

cool story IKF, but remove mirrors
12 Jul 2013, 11:53 AM
Benefactor 115

They have, you should stop trolling hans for a few minutes and read more posts!

Map and faction choice:
Best-of-One: The contestant on the left side of the matchsheet will get faction choice. The contestant on the right side gets to choose the map from the map pool.

Best-of-Three: The contestant on the left side of the matchsheet will begin the elimination, then the contestant on the right side follows. Once there are three maps left the contestant on the left side picks a map, then the contestant on the right side does the same. The remaining map is the first map you play. Second map is the one the loser of the first map picked and the third map (if needed) is the last remaining map.

The contestant on the left side will play as Soviets for the first game then Germans in the next game. If the deciding game needs to be played then the player with the best VP score from both games gets faction choice in the deciding game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★