Login

russian armor

All "stuka" stuffs are simply too op, Nerf it

13 Apr 2016, 16:42 PM

No, it did not change. You can cancel a retreat point but I was referring to base sector strike. Okay think about this:
Most artillery strikes require some smoke or minimap display. All 4 players are paying attention but given the smoke, only 1 has to move their army because the flare is visible and the player can estimate the amount of impact. Most Allied globals are 200+ munitions and only require the nearby player to react.

Now, if the stuka dive bomb is used, a player on the team should be screaming for everyone to move. This requires effort from 4 players to react because they are unaware of where the point of impact is nor do they know the general vicinity. And, this cost is only 160 munitions.

Do you understand this? A normal ability forces 1 player to give up ground for more munitions and another requires all players to give up ground for less munitions.

I'm sure if we replaced ALL global abilities with just a sound, you'd be pretty pissed too. Please give allies a similar ability and I don't think the "getgud" argument will not work because there will be equal amounts of frustration on both sides.

Good point, but axis players never think on the other side. While they having advantage, they start to talk about bull shit excuses.
13 Apr 2016, 16:44 PM

Then we compare it with land matress, calliope.

Land matress is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Land matress can be easily countered by stuka.
Land matress is totally RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Calliope comes so damn late. Stuka doesn't.
Calliope is RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope can only wipe infantry and kill light armour. Stuka can damage and kill infantries,light vehicle, medium and heavies tank.
Calliope is more expensive than stuka.

None of the rocket artillery, no matter cheaper or more expensive than stuka can kill tanks.

In fact, priest serve for the same propose of being a mobile artillery to clear out heavy fortification just like the stuka. The comparison is valid. Stuka is simply op. Why a sudden decrease in fuel cost( removal of fuel penalty) of stuka while remaining the same performance and every one think it's fine? So I propose all mobile artillery in each faction should cost 33% fuel less.

All rocket art can kill tank and 2 calliope can kill KT can't be said much about 2 Stuka vs is-2
13 Apr 2016, 16:45 PM

Good point, but axis players never think on the other side. While they having advantage, they start to talk about bull shit excuses.

"Axis player" mmmhh do I see some fanboism
13 Apr 2016, 16:52 PM

Then we compare it with land matress, calliope.

Land matress is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Land matress can be easily countered by stuka.
Land matress is totally RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Calliope comes so damn late. Stuka doesn't.
Calliope is RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope can only wipe infantry and kill light armour. Stuka can damage and kill infantries,light vehicle, medium and heavies tank.
Calliope is more expensive than stuka.

None of the rocket artillery, no matter cheaper or more expensive than stuka can kill tanks.

In fact, priest serve for the same propose of being a mobile artillery to clear out heavy fortification just like the stuka. The comparison is valid. Stuka is simply op. Why a sudden decrease in fuel cost( removal of fuel penalty) of stuka while remaining the same performance and every one think it's fine? So I propose all mobile artillery in each faction should cost 33% fuel less.

Stuka is fine. It's amazing against shit kids sitting at 10,000 on the 4v4 ladder but the second you play top 100 players they will dodge it 8/10 times.

I 100% prefer werfer since its not really dodgeable. The only thing the stuka "excels" at is garrison wiping of MG's.

My advice to you is post some replays and hopefully some people can give you some advice on how to improve and get better!
13 Apr 2016, 16:54 PM

All rocket art can kill tank and 2 calliope can kill KT can't be said much about 2 Stuka vs is-2

I would like to see if there is such a video about calliope killing full health KT with alpha strike.
13 Apr 2016, 16:58 PM

I would like to see if there is such a video about calliope killing full health KT with alpha strike.

I tested my self cheat mode
And there should be a video on YouTube as I remember it was on trending
13 Apr 2016, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 16:52 PMpugzii

Stuka is fine. It's amazing against shit kids sitting at 10,000 on the 4v4 ladder but the second you play top 100 players they will dodge it 8/10 times.

I 100% prefer werfer since its not really dodgeable. The only thing the stuka "excels" at is garrison wiping of MG's.

My advice to you is post some replays and hopefully some people can give you some advice on how to improve and get better!
Thank you for your advice. But i have no difficulty when playing axis and worrying any of my full health tanks being killed by ally more expensive and weak ass mobile artillery within the first strike. I can always be lazy and leave my tanks to enjoy the comfortable katyusha rocket shower as an axis player. And never have to hear is there any sound that can suddenly drop a bomb from the sky and kill my heavy tank also.
13 Apr 2016, 17:03 PM

Thank you for your advice. But i have no difficulty when playing axis and worrying any of my full health tanks being killed by ally more expensive and weak ass mobile artillery within the first strike. I can always be lazy and leave my tanks to enjoy the comfortable katyusha rocket shower as an axis player. And never have to hear is there any sound that can suddenly drop a bomb from the sky and kill my heavy tank also.

Stuka bomb can't kill a full life tank
And good luck not moving your tank with priest
Btw Stuka has only alpha strike
13 Apr 2016, 17:05 PM

No, it did not change. You can cancel a retreat point but I was referring to base sector strike. Okay think about this:
Most artillery strikes require some smoke or minimap display. All 4 players are paying attention but given the smoke, only 1 has to move their army because the flare is visible and the player can estimate the amount of impact. Most Allied globals are 200+ munitions and only require the nearby player to react.

Now, if the stuka dive bomb is used, a player on the team should be screaming for everyone to move. This requires effort from 4 players to react because they are unaware of where the point of impact is nor do they know the general vicinity. And, this cost is only 160 munitions.

Do you understand this? A normal ability forces 1 player to give up ground for more munitions and another requires all players to give up ground for less munitions.

I'm sure if we replaced ALL global abilities with just a sound, you'd be pretty pissed too. Please give allies a similar ability and I don't think the "getgud" argument will not work because there will be equal amounts of frustration on both sides.

You can ping the point, it shows on map and minimap and is a rather loud pinging noise, my team mates never have issues.

Again me/my teammates never have issues, as if we know they have gone CAS, we always listen out for it, especially around retreat points/where we stop our tanks to repair.
13 Apr 2016, 17:25 PM

Stuka Dive bomb:

I have NEVER been hit by this when playing allies because the sound is so fucking obvious, again use your ears and MOVE your units, infact I have used it/seen it so much I can pretty much ping the map for allies to be like "It's gonna land almost exactly here, move your shit"

I hardly doubt that even the pros do every now and then they ninja buffed the fuck out of its aoe like 4 patches back. You can start moving soon as you hear it but the aoe is so huge it has a good chance of still wiping you. Your team weapons will definately not be able to escape unless there fucking terrible at aiming it. Also if your USF and its heading for your major point you have to first undo majors retreat point retreat him and any infantry you have there, then undo ambulances healbus and move it to safety. It use to be fine as a high dmg precision strike but now the aoe is so huge its like a sturmtiger shot.

They can also plan your retreat to your fwd point and just time it
13 Apr 2016, 17:29 PM

You can ping the point, it shows on map and minimap and is a rather loud pinging noise, my team mates never have issues.

Again me/my teammates never have issues, as if we know they have gone CAS, we always listen out for it, especially around retreat points/where we stop our tanks to repair.

You're avoiding the point. You're only comparing yourself to everyone else. The point is:
- amount of effort required to watch out for
- cost different

Which I already clearly explained the difference. And it's not just CAS. It's with the elephant doctrine.

Let me follow "your" example. I hear Stuka Dive bomb... we have 3-4 forward retreat bases and 2 tanks on repair. I start pinging 5-6 different locations? EVERYONE MOVE ALL YOUR UNITS FROM THESE 5 LOCATIONS NOW! Is that how you play? If there's smoke, it would be limited to a certain area. Do you see how unbalanced this is? Again, replace ALL global strikes from flares to sounds and you'll understand.
13 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM

You're avoiding the point. You're only comparing yourself to everyone else. The point is:
- cost different

Which I already clearly explained the difference. And it's not just CAS. It's with the elephant doctrine.

Let me follow "your" example. I hear Stuka Dive bomb... we have 3-4 forward retreat bases and 2 tanks on repair. I start pinging 5-6 different locations? EVERYONE MOVE ALL YOUR UNITS FROM THESE 5 LOCATIONS NOW! Is that how you play? If there's smoke, it would be limited to a certain area. Do you see how unbalanced this is? Again, replace ALL global strikes from flares to sounds and you'll understand.

And the game become weeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeweeeeeeee as everyone play the strike together
13 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

- cost different

I am not avoiding it, and if the AoE isn't that big if you have all your 4 bases in a square and the tanks sat in the middle sure.

The sound is obvious so you can almost pinpoint where it is going to land, Load up a cheat map with a friend and have them use it on units and see if you can guess where its going to land, once you get used to it its much easier to dodge. Rather than spam 5/6/7 pings.
13 Apr 2016, 18:04 PM

Reduce walking stuka rate of fire to make it rockets easier to avoid with support teams, remove vet 1 rate of fire bonus.
13 Apr 2016, 18:20 PM

I am not avoiding it, and if the AoE isn't that big if you have all your 4 bases in a square and the tanks sat in the middle sure.

The sound is obvious so you can almost pinpoint where it is going to land, Load up a cheat map with a friend and have them use it on units and see if you can guess where its going to land, once you get used to it its much easier to dodge. Rather than spam 5/6/7 pings.

Lol, the AOE is big. That's what happened when it was ninja-buffed. The sound isn't audible until you have 4-5 seconds left. If I start walking my units, I'd still be caught in the blast.

If you have 4-5 high profile spots to land, you're going to HAVE to move all 4-5 spots in order to guarantee you won't get hit. And if you read what happens if we turn all globals turn into just "audible" sounds, the game will turn into a nuke striking game. At the moment, it's limited to just 2 doctrines.

The effort require to dodge a flare global ability versus an audible sound is the same. This is what you're telling me. Please tell me if you agree this is how you "feel". If so, you should also be vouching for ALL global abilities to be sound-based only... since, they are the same. Right?
13 Apr 2016, 18:21 PM

" Our (4v4) team is top 49" -OP

KAPPA
13 Apr 2016, 19:48 PM

1. Walking stuka

Let's take priest as an example to compare with stuka and see how imbalance it is.

Cost: Priest 480MP 110Fu Stuka 390MP 100Fu

WTF? Priest is even more expensive! No matter fuel cost and man power!!
Okay, may be priest can be arrive earlier?

Arrival time Priest CP9 10-15 minutes Stuka 6-10 minutes (depends on fuel)

well walking stuka have ok CD while Priest can almost fire nonstop, also if stuka got random hit by priest it twice it will die. however, priest can easily live though double stuka barrage. stuka is more predicable, once those rocket lands your unit is freely move in landing zone, unlike priest, you don't know where it gonna land, so have to move out everything from it. so i don't see walking stuka is that OP.

2. Stuka Close Air Support

It kills my AA ( Full health, the british one ) in the first strafe. For what reason I have to build an AA vehicle for being countered by air force? AA should be able to shoot down the plane more quickly

Suggestion: Nerf its damage and penetration or accuracy (like P47) or makes it be able to counter.

that thing has very small area and only attack 1 line, there is marking on the map, all you have to do is move your tank out way, unless you didn't pay attention. I lost a firefly to it once when it parked and didn't move. but it have very small area, damage i had a churchill parked next to firefly didn't take any damage. so it is just reaction issue. also it is directional, so if it come from front your tank, it don't do much damage, only do alot damage if it come from your backside.

3. Stuka diving bombardment
Is that so difficult to add a red smoke to this ability? Guessing all the time is not fun at all. Don't use asymmetric balance as an excuse anymore. To be balance , there is none ability of ally having such
kind of feature. And to make life better and easier ( an excuse that always used to make axis game play style more handy by Relic), it's time to add a red smoke for this ability.

this i agree either add red smoke or increase the landing delay to another 3-5 sec. it lands bit too fast even the sec you hear the sound and start moving your units, some time you still can't get out the damage area.

4.Supply drop zone

For what reason why the ally version can be countered by free FLAK AA, but the same thing isn't happened on the axis one? Both are planes, they should be shot down by AA. Don't use asymmetric balance as an excuse any more.

I think it is little different to allies one right? this one require to drop at FU point, instead anywhere on the map. it gives other side a chance to steal it or deny it. I actually steal the supply drop from OH quite alot. when I attack the FU point, see those are dropping just grabbed with my infantry.
13 Apr 2016, 21:53 PM

I think it is little different to allies one right? this one require to drop at FU point, instead anywhere on the map. it gives other side a chance to steal it or deny it. I actually steal the supply drop from OH quite alot. when I attack the FU point, see those are dropping just grabbed with my infantry.

Yes you are correct. The Axis one lands on either the muni or fuel point of your choice. The Allied one will land inside base sector. That is used for justification that Allied planes take the longest route to get shot down by perse free AA by Schwerer HQ.

The only problem I have is with free AA and maps. Some maps are oriented so that munitions and fuel points are easily defended. In that case, the Axis one has a clear advantage as it will be very difficult to steal/capture/attack that particular zone. I think it's better to have both abilities drop on munitions or fuel points with the same profile.
13 Apr 2016, 23:16 PM

Why not make the allied air drop work sorta like the axis one in that it drops from multiple planes, but they can be shot down. Then you have the risk of losing some but the benefit of calling it in on base, but its not 100mu to add a flame effect to your base because the enemies faction choice counters your commander...

Also if this was the case the lend lease commander could have its drop changed to drop 2 less fuel and drop a zook or something, that would help the call in spam capabilities of that commander and feel more lend leasey
14 Apr 2016, 01:31 AM

- cost different

Same shit can be said for land matress and calliope vs OKW forward bases?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 22
United Kingdom 138
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak