Login

russian armor

All "stuka" stuffs are simply too op, Nerf it

13 Apr 2016, 14:06 PM

Oh yeah? And what about our deaf players, you deplorable human-shaped-entity? You vacuous drone! You shambling obfuscant! You pitiful misanthrope!

I agree this is unfair to the deaf, when the stuka dive bomb is used a light should start flashing to let all the allies know that its coming no matter where they are looking at on the map otherwise its op (seriously though the first post is right, its relatively easy to tell where it is going to land)
13 Apr 2016, 14:08 PM

First of all the firefly is not a heavy vehicle. Second of all the reason the stuka gets good armor penetration is because the rockets are larger than the other rocket vehicles and it only fires 6 rockets in a precise area unlike all other rocket abilities that hit a large area so if you made the stuka only be able to damage infantry it would definitely be the worst rocket vehicle in the game because it already is short ranged,expensive,only has precision explosive strike,a really long reload and its loud, for gods sakes why dont you just listen, when you here a stuka firing or maybe even two just move ffs I cannot believe you actually think the stuka is op, its the most balanced rocket vehicle in the game because it takes skill to hit things (unless your enemy is an idiot and doesnt try to move to avoid the blast) and it has a slow rate of fire.

It's not spammy before, but now it is too cheap and arrive too early. The disadvantages of stuka you listed out are not really a disadvantage. Precision strike is an advantage. Its reload time is nearly the same as other. All rocket artilleries are loud and its range is even further than panzerweher. However, Priest which is way more expensive. It still does less damage to vehicle, need even more skill and luck to use since you can dodge it by moving out from the center to all direction and has imprecise strike. I can't notice any balance between them unless you mean axis balance.
13 Apr 2016, 14:09 PM

First of all the firefly is not a heavy vehicle. Second of all the reason the stuka gets good armor penetration is because the rockets are larger than the other rocket vehicles and it only fires 6 rockets in a precise area unlike all other rocket abilities that hit a large area so if you made the stuka only be able to damage infantry it would definitely be the worst rocket vehicle in the game because it already is short ranged,expensive,only has precision explosive strike,a really long reload and its loud, for gods sakes why dont you just listen, when you here a stuka firing or maybe even two just move ffs I cannot believe you actually think the stuka is op, its the most balanced rocket vehicle in the game because it takes skill to hit things (unless your enemy is an idiot and doesnt try to move to avoid the blast) and it has a slow rate of fire.

It's not spammy before, but now it is too cheap and arrive too early. The disadvantages of stuka you listed out are not really a disadvantage. Precision strike is an advantage. Its reload time is nearly the same as other. All rocket artilleries are loud and its range is even further than panzerweher. However, Priest which is way more expensive. It still does less damage to vehicle, need even more skill and luck to use since you can dodge it by moving out from the center to all direction and has imprecise strike. I can't notice any balance between them unless you mean axis balance.
13 Apr 2016, 14:12 PM

Also, lol "it wasn't spammable before", when one of the best strategies for okw in 4v4 was (and still is) med mech 5 shrek volks 3 stukas cp.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 14:01 PMJadame!

You know about rocket spread, and that sometimes rocket in-between hits do from little to no damage to the squads which otherwise would be annahilated, right?

Also i would like to see you doing this "easy stuff" against someone competent who can predict barrages. I am not even talking about mass retreat wipes which is impossible for the reason above.

Squad are retreating in a line. Priest doesn't spread. Calliope is a lot more expensive than stuka , it is justified to has better performance.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 14:12 PMJadame!
Also, lol "it wasn't spammable before", when one of the best strategies for okw in 4v4 was (and still is) med mech 5 shrek volks 3 stukas cp.

And now it's even more spammy
13 Apr 2016, 14:28 PM

1. Walking stuka [..] Cost: Priest 480MP 110Fu Stuka 390MP 100Fu

If you have problems with the priests performance, you dont have to break the walking stoopa. That tech building already cost more fuel and buying a stuka delay other armors ALOT.
13 Apr 2016, 14:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol, how often do you see a vet 4 stuka and how often do you see an incendiary barrage.. hardly ever

1v1: never
2v2: rarely, if the games drag for WAY too long 40+ mins
3v3+: pretty frequently.

Not bugged?! Say dat to the game I almost lost because it shoot in a line instead of circle 100 mun puff To the drain

At least you can fire both, the explosive AND the incendiary barrage as they not share cooldown as any other artillery.

OP:
Walking stuka is fine. Priest been kind bad (redeeming factor being popcap decrew) is another issue.
Stuka close air is fine. P47 not hitting medium while staying still is bad.
Stuka dive bomb: either revert ninja buff from months ago, or increase muni cost. Either way, it's in general fine.
Supply zone: agree.
13 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

Stuka Zu fail:

Stuka is not that good IMO and I am mainly at OKW player atm.

Only it's first rocket is 100% accurate the others can scatter and miss the targets entirely, even if aimed correctly (Much rather a Pwerfer or Katy they still have random scatter but its area can be controlled by distance better than a Stukas can)

I have seen stuka shots direct hit squads bug out and deal almost no damage.

Stukas are also terrible vs Garrisons now, they barely damage the buildings or the units inside. (Ok they were OP as fuck when one rocket use to one shot any building in the game but they need buffing again for anti-structure a little)

Also the noise of the stuka firing is VERY obvious, If you hear it, MOVE. Simple. It's usually best to move towards where you hear the stuka firing as it is usually aimed at where you are, or where your expected retreat path will be.

Stuka Dive bomb:

I have NEVER been hit by this when playing allies because the sound is so fucking obvious, again use your ears and MOVE your units, infact I have used it/seen it so much I can pretty much ping the map for allies to be like "It's gonna land almost exactly here, move your shit"

And just to conform to community asshattery - it is not time to add red smoke, it is time 2getgud.

Try guessing a Stuka dive bomb in team games... you will require 4 separate armies to move? mmm, sounds fair? It can instant wipe retreating squads and shoot inside base sector... how do you move that? You can't control retreating units. and, it was ninja-buffed AOE as others have mentioned. OP for 160 muni ability.
13 Apr 2016, 15:03 PM

on some real shit tho, they need to add flare to stuka dive bomb. if they don't add flare then reduce some of that aoe... cuz its really hard to hear exactly where its at and how to move. and if u move 1 sec to late u lose every damn thing in the area... just add flare with noise. or a beacon on mini map. and stuka truck is kinda ok here but in some instances it does squad wipe often. ppl say it sucks cuz they attack moving infantry... that's playing it wrong, just attack all team weapons, buildings, howies and retreating unit and itll feel like it op
13 Apr 2016, 15:07 PM

the dive bomb is also OP cuz there is no marker on map so if someone use on a pice of the map where ur not looking its automatic win... ppl don't realize how much of an impact that makes when u cant hear it cuz ur not looking exactly where it is... theres no argument for it really. if there was atleast any kind of warning itll be fine
13 Apr 2016, 15:28 PM

the dive bomb is also OP cuz there is no marker on map so if someone use on a pice of the map where ur not looking its automatic win... ppl don't realize how much of an impact that makes when u cant hear it cuz ur not looking exactly where it is... theres no argument for it really. if there was atleast any kind of warning itll be fine

*When
*You
*Are
*Not
*Looking

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The only valid argument against it for me is that it is usable in base sector. Given that Stuka recon, then bomb can easily wipe everything in mass retreat...
13 Apr 2016, 15:33 PM

Do not compare the Stuka to the Priest. One is an artillery gun and the other is a rocket launcher. If I am not wrong, the Priest reloads quite a bit faster between barrages?

Compare Stuka to

- Land Matress
- Calliope
13 Apr 2016, 15:36 PM

What gets me about Close Air Support and the Stuka dive bomb is the inconsistency.

CAS is clearly miles better than allied equivalents.

Likewise the dive bomb has massive damage and no visual warning for just 160. Compare this with, say, time on target barrage - a technique designed specifically to fire a massive artillery alpha strike at an enemy with as little warning as possible - 180 munitions, comes complete with warning flares and about a 10-15 second delay before anything lands in the area. (It's something of a personal gripe that Relic completely missed the point of a time on target barrage).

Things are never going to be perfectly consistent (asymmetric balance and all that), but those two do seem to stand out more than others.

13 Apr 2016, 15:55 PM

Xaxaxa )))
13 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM

Try guessing a Stuka dive bomb in team games... you will require 4 separate armies to move? mmm, sounds fair? It can instant wipe retreating squads and shoot inside base sector... how do you move that? You can't control retreating units. and, it was ninja-buffed AOE as others have mentioned. OP for 160 muni ability.

This is why I only play pre-made games with friends on TS.

If it's used on a retreat point, IIRC you can cancel the retreat point and units will run to base instead. (or did that change not make it in?) So it can still be dodged, except for base sector, I'd agree on not allowing it inside base sectors if you were also unable to build On map artillery in base sectors.

Oh yeah? And what about our deaf players, you deplorable human-shaped-entity? You vacuous drone! You shambling obfuscant! You pitiful misanthrope!

I had a feeling someone would say something like this, yes it sucks for Deaf players and I empathize with them but I didn't attack them, unlike your attack on me, so grow up please :)

13 Apr 2016, 16:13 PM

Speaking as (probably) the only person here who is actually hearing impaired, Stuka dive bomb sucks and should be changed. Seriously. Try playing with your sound off against this piece of shit and see how much you like unprecdictable army wipes.
13 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM

In priest's case, how do you punish blob when your enemy just step out from the center to any direction (360 degrees)? Conclusion is obvious, stuka is more difficult to dodge.

See 3 post before
Stuka gas only alpha strike while priest is fir saturation
Defending vp
13 Apr 2016, 16:27 PM

This is why I only play pre-made games with friends on TS.

If it's used on a retreat point, IIRC you can cancel the retreat point and units will run to base instead. (or did that change not make it in?) So it can still be dodged, except for base sector, I'd agree on not allowing it inside base sectors if you were also unable to build On map artillery in base sectors.

No, it did not change. You can cancel a retreat point but I was referring to base sector strike. Okay think about this:
Most artillery strikes require some smoke or minimap display. All 4 players are paying attention but given the smoke, only 1 has to move their army because the flare is visible and the player can estimate the amount of impact. Most Allied globals are 200+ munitions and only require the nearby player to react.

Now, if the stuka dive bomb is used, a player on the team should be screaming for everyone to move. This requires effort from 4 players to react because they are unaware of where the point of impact is nor do they know the general vicinity. And, this cost is only 160 munitions.

Do you understand this? A normal ability forces 1 player to give up ground for more munitions and another requires all players to give up ground for less munitions.

I'm sure if we replaced ALL global abilities with just a sound, you'd be pretty pissed too. Please give allies a similar ability and I don't think the "getgud" argument will not work because there will be equal amounts of frustration on both sides.
13 Apr 2016, 16:40 PM

Do not compare the Stuka to the Priest. One is an artillery gun and the other is a rocket launcher. If I am not wrong, the Priest reloads quite a bit faster between barrages?

Compare Stuka to

- Land Matress
- Calliope

Then we compare it with land matress, calliope.

Land matress is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Land matress can be easily countered by stuka.
Land matress is totally RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope is doctrinal. Stuka isn't.
Calliope comes so damn late. Stuka doesn't.
Calliope is RNG dependent with less powerful alpha strike. Stuka isn't.
Calliope can only wipe infantry and kill light armour. Stuka can damage and kill infantries,light vehicle, medium and heavies tank.
Calliope is more expensive than stuka.

None of the rocket artillery, no matter cheaper or more expensive than stuka can kill tanks.

In fact, priest serve for the same propose of being a mobile artillery to clear out heavy fortification just like the stuka. The comparison is valid. Stuka is simply op. Why a sudden decrease in fuel cost( removal of fuel penalty) of stuka while remaining the same performance and every one think it's fine? So I propose all mobile artillery in each faction should cost 33% fuel less.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 844
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment