Login

russian armor

Mechanized Company questions

Rum
11 Apr 2016, 19:54 PM

So I've always toyed around with mechanized Company. Success with it has varied ofcourse depending on luck, if the early raketen misses or not basically. But I've always enjoyed the aggressiveness of it.

So recently I've kinda switched over to axis, I've gotten lazy I guess with the game and don't really want to hyper micro all game like usf requires. Now that said, I played a bit of a cunt a few nights ago in a 3s. And I mean as a person he was a cunt. The kind that you just cannot stand to lose to. But as a player.... The fucking bastard was good. And he was playing mechanized in a way I hadn't seen before.

So in principle, mechanized in real life is a tip of the spear mindset. They drive in, fuck things up, and either get out or set up so the rest can get in. In game however, Light Armor being the equivalent of paper, especially if an mg42 with incendiary looks at it.

But his brit buddy set up shop, so we got mortars and stukas, you know the norm. And out of fucking no where comes the half track, 2 wcs and a dick load of infantry kitted up and loaded on board. They barged in like the kool-aid man, shot everything to shit with zooks and bars, and sure they lost the half track, but then like the wind, they were gone. And it just left me impressed. I don't see plays like that often, especially ones I feel are unorthodox, like that halftrack, or even mechanized as a whole.

So that was a big text for a simple question. How do I do it. Iwannabetheguy. Any strats for mechanized or usf as a whole that are a little more unorthodox or take a certain game plan/mindset?

11 Apr 2016, 20:17 PM

well you saw that game... - why dont you just take a look at the replay or just write that "cun" ?
11 Apr 2016, 20:18 PM

I use mechanized in 1v1s sometimes vs OKW. It's a good doctrine for mind games.

You can get 1 or 2 WCS trucks and be super very agressive with them, forcing the opponent to get a rackettenwerfer and a panzerschrek early on. Then, you can use withdrawl and refit to get rid of the WCS trucks and spend the manpower on more riflemen and the BAR upgrade. Your opponent will then be stuck with a useless rackettenwerfer and you can dominate the map with your BAR equipped infantry.
Rum
11 Apr 2016, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:17 PMUrmel
well you saw that game... - why dont you just take a look at the replay or just write that "cun" ?

We'll I didn't save the replay, and my group wanted to wash off the defeat so we just queued up another game. This thread is less about him or my opinion of him, and more about unorthodox strats/ mechanized strats
11 Apr 2016, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:36 PMRum

We'll I didn't save the replay, and my group wanted to wash off the defeat so we just queued up another game. This thread is less about him or my opinion of him, and more about unorthodox strats/ mechanized strats

then take a look at the "guides" section there should be a very intresting guide for mechanised in 2v2
11 Apr 2016, 20:53 PM
Rum
11 Apr 2016, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:40 PMUrmel

then take a look at the "guides" section there should be a very intresting guide for mechanised in 2v2

Will do. Have they updated them recently? I know alot of the big guides are pretty old
11 Apr 2016, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:54 PMRum

Will do. Have they updated them recently? I know alot of the big guides are pretty old

idk- maybe
12 Apr 2016, 07:51 AM

Anything is possible in teamgame, the guy just trolled you and it works mainly because they were probably already better players than you. Count yourself how much it cost in manpower and fuel to get 2 WC51 and 2 M3 and you'll find that if you didn't took advantage of his <absence> early game, they were beating you 2vs3.

There are maps that perfectly suit mechanized play style, like steppes or city17 top. With good micro and good fellows you can seal the game just with 1 or 2 WC51.
30 Apr 2016, 20:05 PM

Flamer AEs inside the m3 can counter heavy MG play. You'll gain access to demos as well.

The jeep gets killed by sturmpioneers however, and is only effective against volks. The powerful arty works great against support blobs and if accompanied by Packs can wreck OKW trucks.

A non meta doc, and a solid one nevertheless.
2 May 2016, 16:00 PM

"They barged in like the kool-aid man, shot everything to shit with zooks and bars"

Just wanted to say that that line nearly made me spit out my coffee. Well done.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★