Login

russian armor

Tank Crush for Fun and Profit

10 Apr 2016, 23:55 PM

Hi, I don't know how to tank crush, but if anyone would care to share some tips, that'd be great. I have noticed, however, that I have tried to crush with most tanks in the game, across all factions, and can never seem to enjoy the success that others do. So :

which tanks are best for crushing ?
how does one crush with said tanks ?
11 Apr 2016, 00:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tanks which are fast and turn quickly are best at crushing. Medium tanks in general are capable of this. The Cromwell medium tank and M10 tank destroyer are particularly famous for being able to do this easily. Axis vehicles are generally tougher and slower, and so usually less able to crush.

There are two ways to do it - the foolproof way is driving the vehicle at infantry so terrain like buildings or walls will block the infantry's movement when they will try to jump away from the oncoming vehicle so the vehicle will always flatten them. A good opportunity for this is at OKW T1 HQs serving as a forward retreat point - OKW infantry retreating to here will probably be right near a large building blocking them. An example: http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-03-2015/nZX0Ei.gif

The second way requires turning the vehicle into the infantry squad as it is close to them. Infantry seem to jump away from vehicles perpendicularly to the moment they predict it will run into them, so when the infantry try to dodge away from it, the turning vehicle will still be moving into where they are, squishing them. This will require the vehicle to approach the squad on an angle, I'd say by about 30 degrees, before turning into them shortly before they dodge away. An example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1OfCvt5wWM
11 Apr 2016, 00:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If you are trying to crush infantry in the open, make sure you don't turn too sharply or you will lose all your speed. You want to try to move in a nice smooth arc where the infantry will dodge into your path. Like Vuther said, it's usually about a 30 degree angle, but depends on your speed and turn rate of the vehicle.
11 Apr 2016, 01:05 AM

Great...I'll try that, thanks !
ahl
11 Apr 2016, 06:54 AM

Does it work with light vehicles? ( luchs, 222, t70, stuart, aec)
11 Apr 2016, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 06:54 AMahl
Does it work with light vehicles? ( luchs, 222, t70, stuart, aec)

Nope, the lightest vehicle that can do this is Medium tanks, that means M10, PzIV, T-34, Sherman and Cromwell. Haven't test Valentine though.

OKW Truck used to be able to crush but Relic think it was way too op and removed it from game.
11 Apr 2016, 07:34 AM

The Panther with Blitzkrieg is also a crushing machine. But otherwise I don't think that any Axis tank can crush reliably, maybe the P4 but I'm not sure about this one.

Allies have better crushers in my opinion.
11 Apr 2016, 09:53 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:09 AMHikuran

Nope, the lightest vehicle that can do this is Medium tanks, that means M10, PzIV, T-34, Sherman and Cromwell. Haven't test Valentine though.

OKW Truck used to be able to crush but Relic think it was way too op and removed it from game.

The SU76 can also crush, but is not the best suited to do so because of its turn radius.
11 Apr 2016, 10:12 AM

as stated above, Crush is best used with the Cromwell. It's extremely easy with that. The M10 is 2nd easiest. Every other tank will more reliably crush suppressed infantry.

The lightest tank that can crush is Su76. It won't work well, but if your opponent doesn't know about this it can be a good surprise :D.

Question: Do the axis tanks crush well when on Blitzkrieg?
Question 2: Is vehicle rotation speed the main factor with crush?
11 Apr 2016, 10:36 AM

Light vehicles don't crush but you can use them to get squads and models out of position/cover. Also shreck-faust-zook need to be stopped to fire, if you continuously force them to dodge your vehicle, they'll not fire at it.
11 Apr 2016, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 10:36 AMEsxile
Light vehicles don't crush but you can use them to get squads and models out of position/cover. Also shreck-faust-zook need to be stopped to fire, if you continuously force them to dodge your vehicle, they'll not fire at it.

I think the Valentine is a exception here as light vehicle. Read it several times that is has crush but cant confirm by myself
11 Apr 2016, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:09 AMHikuran

Valentine is the lightest vehicle with crush ability
11 Apr 2016, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 14:34 PMAladdin

Valentine is the lightest vehicle with crush ability

Oh, thx:clap:
Uhu
11 Apr 2016, 17:36 PM

"Will you be my Valentine crush?" takes a different meaning in coh2.
11 Apr 2016, 18:04 PM

Hi, I don't know how to tank crush, but if anyone would care to share some tips, that'd be great. I have noticed, however, that I have tried to crush with most tanks in the game, across all factions, and can never seem to enjoy the success that others do. So :

which tanks are best for crushing ?
how does one crush with said tanks ?

Best and simplest way is, when u are driving to the infantry try to predict which way they are gonna dodge and you drive/turn in that direction. sometimes u need to reverse back into their dodge path as well, after ur first encounter. and the "war speed" (the ability which increases speed for british tanks) boosts ur chance to crash too, as the infantry are now have smaller time to dodge.
11 Apr 2016, 18:14 PM

If you're feeling ballsy and/or want to end a game crushing against HQs after mass retreats can be very effective (HQ acts as a building to crush against). Of course there is a lot of risk/reward to this if your opponent still had handheld AT and/or snares.
12 Apr 2016, 02:28 AM

Protip: supress squads then run them over.
12 Apr 2016, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 02:28 AMzerocoh
Protip: supress squads then run them over.

oh damn, I have to try this,,

so obvious. yet, I never even thought about that. :facepalm:
12 Apr 2016, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 10:12 AMSpin

Question 2: Is vehicle rotation speed the main factor with crush?

yes. In my experience rotation is 1st, acceleration is 2nd.

The panther actually have excellent acceleration but its merely "decent" rotation keep it from being a good crusher.

not sure what would happen if a vehicle have good rotation speed but poor acceleration. The comet technically fit that description, but I usually kite with that unit.
13 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

I'll try it all. It sucks when it happens to you, but very satisfying when you do it to someone else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 15
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment