Login

russian armor

Reduce Braces Effect/ Mortar Pits less accurate

PAGES (10)down
11 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

Brace is working 30 seconds, after this it has 45 second cooldown. During cooldown emplacement is completely helpless.
11 Apr 2016, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 15:02 PMNEVEC
Brace is working 30 seconds, after this it has 45 second cooldown. During cooldown emplacement is completely helpless.
Except the mortar pit that still wipes Ostheer mortars easily. Are we all going to ignore the fact that Ostheer is screwed if the player didn´t choose that one doctrine (or two if you have that doc) with the mortar halftrack?
11 Apr 2016, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 15:17 PMButcher
Except the mortar pit that still wipes Ostheer mortars easily. Are we all going to ignore the fact that Ostheer is screwed if the player didn´t choose that one doctrine (or two if you have that doc) with the mortar halftrack?

Yes i will ignore just the same as many players ignored ostheer rifle greandes and ostheer sniper.
11 Apr 2016, 16:29 PM

I have a question. Where were you when Med + Schwerer + ISGs were wrecking hard every game?

Oh, I know! Somewhere between Med and Schwerer I guess :luvDerp:
11 Apr 2016, 16:31 PM

I have a question. Where were you when Med + Schwerer + ISGs were wrecking hard every game?

Oh, I know! Somewhere between Med and Schwerer I guess :luvDerp:
Be a clown somewhere else. No sense to discuss this with you any further.
11 Apr 2016, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 15:17 PMButcher

there are plenty of options for ostheer, what most probably already has been mentioned but i can think of

mortar
schrecks
fast 222 (against early pit)
flamer hf
any tank expect ostwind(?)
and pwerfer
11 Apr 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 16:44 PMUrmel

there are plenty of options for ostheer, what most probably already has been mentioned but i can think of

mortar
schrecks
flamer hf
and pwerfer
No, 1 Bofors + 1 Mortar pit close to each other will defeat anything for cost. The brace makes them invincible for a chosen time. Then the Ostheer infantry moves in and gets shot down faster by the Bofors than the mortars, Schrecks, 222 etc. can kill the emplacements.

Tanks and Panzerwerfer arrive after the 15 minute mark. The game is lost by then.
11 Apr 2016, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 16:55 PMButcher
No, 1 Bofors + 1 Mortar pit close to each other will defeat anything for cost. The brace makes them invincible for a chosen time. Then the Ostheer infantry moves in and gets shot down faster by the Bofors than the mortars, Schrecks, 222 etc. can kill the emplacements.

Tanks and Panzerwerfer arrive after the 15 minute mark. The game is lost by then.

why should a game be lost after 15 mins ? 1 bofor secures 1 vp 1 mortar pit, if its placed offensively secures maybe 2 so you can easily hold 1 fuel and ammo point ... i guess your main problem is you are a moving all your forces in to them ! Have you ever thought of leaving them alone for now ? I mean as aerohank is writing almost every time : by buuilding emplacements your opponent will loose map presence on an other side of the map. what about attacking there ?
11 Apr 2016, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 16:31 PMButcher
Be a clown somewhere else. No sense to discuss this with you any further.

+1 and also Okw trucks are nonewhere near as powerful as British emplacnents and you can only get one of each and the OKW lose a tech for everyone they lose
11 Apr 2016, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 16:44 PMUrmel

mortar
schrecks
flamer hf
and pwerfer

actually mt-ht flame barrage is your best bet as it does large amount of damage even when braced.
a duel between the mortar pit and the mortar is not in favour for the mortar. and the rest is not that good if the brit player uses his mind and covers the emplacements
11 Apr 2016, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 18:57 PMZyllen

actually mt-ht flame barrage is your best bet as it does large amount of damage even when braced.
a duel between the mortar pit and the mortar is not in favour for the mortar. and the rest is not that good if the brit player uses his mind and covers the emplacements

well i just said there are other options for ostheer. i leave it to you to decide which one you prefer to use
11 Apr 2016, 23:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:10 PMUrmel

well i just said there are other options for ostheer. i leave it to you to decide which one you prefer to use

Well it doesn't matter what i use brace is still op and actually needs a cost.
11 Apr 2016, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 17:22 PMUrmel

why should a game be lost after 15 mins ? 1 bofor secures 1 vp 1 mortar pit, if its placed offensively secures maybe 2 so you can easily hold 1 fuel and ammo point ... i guess your main problem is you are a moving all your forces in to them ! Have you ever thought of leaving them alone for now ? I mean as aerohank is writing almost every time : by buuilding emplacements your opponent will loose map presence on an other side of the map. what about attacking there ?

a well placed mt pit can completely cover the most important parts of the map.
11 Apr 2016, 23:24 PM

When Relic finally fixes this, the game will have been broken for 3-4 months already. And after 2 weeks of relative balance, they will introduce a broken commander or buff armored cars to one-shot full-health squads again and the cycle will repeat.

This is literally the story of COH2 and relic for the last 3 years.

There's no point pretending they are capable of fixing anything.
11 Apr 2016, 23:31 PM

When Relic finally fixes this, the game will have been broken for 3-4 months already. And after 2 weeks of relative balance, they will introduce a broken commander or buff armored cars to one-shot full-health squads again and the cycle will repeat.

This is literally the story of COH2 and relic for the last 3 years.

There's no point pretending they are capable of fixing anything.

relics game balancer are busy posting 8531s comments on the state of League of Legends in the official League of Legends forum :sibPheasant:
12 Apr 2016, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 10:23 AMhubewa

My earlier concern it was unhistorical has been wiped. Hmmm, maybe this could be an interesting change while making Been Carriers relevant in the meta as well.

Certainly better than the mortar pit that we have now, give it normal mortar accuracy but with a mortar fire/move toggle (can do without, just a balance suggestion on the safe side) and this would be great, probably would cost 80 muni.

Price is negotiable but I'm thinking it needs to be quite good to be competitive, but not so good it becomes the new meta. Maybe make it do a little bit less damage than regular mortars, but with solid accuracy and the highest rate of fire since the shell is only 50mm (smallest mortar in the game).

12 Apr 2016, 00:58 AM

my game must been bugged since I can easily deal with emplacements, they are so easy to counter that is not even funny...

but then, people cry because they cant adapt even a little.
12 Apr 2016, 03:09 AM

... I just wrote an entire reply to this thread and then lost it because the forums wanted me to sign in again. Sigh.

I'll try to sum up:

I'm a purely British player that thinks making changes to emplacements to promote more dynamic gameplay is a good idea.

One option is to take out the mortar pit and instead put a side tech option for a mortar inside of trenches at 200mp and 6 population cost. That would make trenches more valuable, mortars cheaper on front but more costly with multiple, and overall be easier to counter. Especially if the Brit player is careless.

Somebody also made the suggestion that the UC could be given a side tech option to have a mortar. I really like that option because it would would make the Universal Carrier much more useful and give the British the possibility of being aggressive early on. I especially like this because the UC is so fragile that it would have to be carefully managed. Sure, you could stick it in a sim city, but one shot from a tank and it would be done. There is also a (small) chance of it being abandoned for use against the UKF player, something I think OKW/Wermacht players would have a riot with. Great suggestion whatsyourface.

The final suggestion (and the much broader one) is to just drastically reduce the effectiveness of brace and greatly increase the health/armor of all emplacements. They would still be tough to take down, but much more easily counterable. I'm not a huge fan of this suggestion since it wouldn't make the British more dynamic, but I do think it would be a significant improvement from where they stand currently.

That's all I got, try not to murder me with your words. Thanks!
12 Apr 2016, 06:59 AM

Price is negotiable but I'm thinking it needs to be quite good to be competitive, but not so good it becomes the new meta. Maybe make it do a little bit less damage than regular mortars, but with solid accuracy and the highest rate of fire since the shell is only 50mm (smallest mortar in the game).

Not highest rate of fire because it doesn't have to unpack, and can't be decrewed as easily.
12 Apr 2016, 07:10 AM

That´s no argument at all. It doesn´t change the fact emplacements are destroying the game.

You are essentially saying: "Cancer isn´t bad, because you could have Aids."

L2P issue, emplacements are not hard to deal with. Even with brace. I suggest you use your brain next time you encounter an emplacement and not instantly yell "OP Allies!" and flop into a fetus position.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS