Login

russian armor

Ah yes, what to recrew that MG with

9 Apr 2016, 04:27 AM

I lose 3 paras now if I take that 42 with em but to think of an enemy flanking only to have 3 para thompsons in his face...

Actually, how exactly do recrews work? I'm under the impression that if I recrew with thompson paras, the crew with now have thompsons and when they reinforce, they will be thompson paras still.
9 Apr 2016, 04:34 AM

Pretty sure the crew weapons get swaped otherwise you'd have ridiculous damageoutput on like shocktroop maxims
But the stats stick so the extrta armour from shocks is nice.
9 Apr 2016, 04:50 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

they dont keep slot weapons like thompsons or bars on recrew. Paras would keep their default carbine pre-upgrade

But if the squad starts with like PPShs default like shocks then theyd keep those ppshs, upon recrew, and their armor.. so a 2 armor maxim with shock ppshs is possible, though youd have to eat the reinforce costs.
9 Apr 2016, 05:52 AM

Nrmally I choose the cheapest unit to re-inforce.
Since I am an Axis fanboy, it's either the Pios or if I'm playing OKW, volks
9 Apr 2016, 06:27 AM

The best units to pick up MGs with are Pathfinders, they have a passive sight range bonus and will fire the MG at MAX range without a spotter.

I believe this applies to JLI also.

And ofc Shocks in general to have PPSHs and more armor so flanks dont work on them close, but the cost of this one MG is taxing.
9 Apr 2016, 07:51 AM

Nrmally I choose the cheapest unit to re-inforce.
Since I am an Axis fanboy, it's either the Pios or if I'm playing OKW, volks

Pios are an excellent choice because they have extended sight range which is always ideal with HMGs. It gives them more of a chance to suppress approaching squads before they get too close.

I also recommend thinking about sometimes using sturmpioneers instead of volks to recrew important HMGs that are near the frontlines. That way they can actually hold their own against flanking squads thanks to their STGs. It probably does chew up more population though, and is slower to reinforce. It's so satisfying when you force off a squad without re-aiming your MG though.
9 Apr 2016, 09:03 AM

The best units to pick up MGs with are Pathfinders, they have a passive sight range bonus and will fire the MG at MAX range without a spotter.

I believe this applies to JLI also.

And ofc Shocks in general to have PPSHs and more armor so flanks dont work on them close, but the cost of this one MG is taxing.

Actually, best units to pick MGs are pios.

Cheap, you start with them, they have 42 sight as opposed to normal 35.
No contest winner here are pios.

Pathfinders will bleed you to death.

And if you want flank resistent MG, PGs, shocks or partisans would be best.
9 Apr 2016, 20:26 PM

If I recrew a maxim with shocks, does the maxim reinforce with maxim reinforce cost or shock reinforce cost?
9 Apr 2016, 20:42 PM

If I recrew a maxim with shocks, does the maxim reinforce with maxim reinforce cost or shock reinforce cost?

Shock reinforce cost.

You only pay the sweet sweet 15mp reinforce when you still have the original crew armed with fake guns.
9 Apr 2016, 21:52 PM

Whats with passive skills like cloaking (i.e. commandos) would they keep it or is it bound to the squad_entity of the commandos and lost?

9 Apr 2016, 22:04 PM

Whats with passive skills like cloaking (i.e. commandos) would they keep it or is it bound to the squad_entity of the commandos and lost?

They are squad based, not entity based.
There was a bug, where partisans carried over cloak to captured team weapons, but it was fixed.
9 Apr 2016, 22:06 PM

They are squad based, not entity based.
There was a bug, where partisans carried over cloak to captured team weapons, but it was fixed.

Thx :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 6
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %